Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 8:56:14 PM EDT
Thinking about one of these when the 2.0 comes out.
What else should i consider?
Uses will be pure fun.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-mp-9l-red-dot-sight
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got one of these last week and absolutely love it. I guess they had some barrel accuracy issues early on with these
but mine seems to be right on target.
at 25 feet on the 2nd day I owned it. (and I usually cannot group anywhere near this well with my other 9's)

I still have to dial in the red dot a little better (off the right a bit here, but I can't tell if it's me or the sight ....yet.)
sometimes I'm dead on , most of the time I'm just off to the right a bit.
My trigger still has no audible reset (is S&W in bed with Apex?), I have an Apex ram for it , just don't really feel the need to drop it in yet.
some people over on the S&W forums say you need an Apex barrel to make this gun really accurate. I guess
time will tell as I'm not a great shooter yet , but getting better all the time. If i feel the need to get one I will.
Right now I'm pretty happy with it. I've been shooting it out to 50 and have been pretty happy with the results so far.
Regardless.....it's a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Why ported?  I bought this:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wesson-m-p9-9mm-pro-series-core-threaded.html#.WZObqDRMGEc

I then sold the threaded barrel on ebay for $150 and waiting on the $75 rebate.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got one of these last week and absolutely love it. I guess they had some barrel accuracy issues early on with these
at 25 feet on the 2nd day I owned it. (and I usually cannot group anywhere near this well with my other 9's)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kmanick/day%202%2025%20feet%20rapid%20fire_zpsttrjwxed.jpg

I still have to dial in the red dot a little better (off the right a bit here, but I can't tell if it's me or the sight ....yet.)
My trigger still has no audible reset (is S&W in bed with Apex?), I have an Apex ram for it , just don't really feel the need to drop it in yet.
some people over on the S&W forums say you need an Apex barrel to make this gun really accurate. I guess
time will tell as I'm not a great shooter yet , but getting better all the time. If i feel the need to get one I will.
Right now I'm pretty happy with it. I've been shooting it out to 50 and have been pretty happy with the results so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kmanick/day%202%2025%20feet%20rapid%20fire_zpsttrjwxed.jpg

I'm planning to wait on the 2.0 unless i just find a crazy deal on an older one.
I handled just a plain 2.0 and really liked it.

Quoted:
Why ported?  I bought this:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wesson-m-p9-9mm-pro-series-core-threaded.html#.WZObqDRMGEc

I then sold the threaded barrel on ebay for $150 and waiting on the $75 rebate.
This gun will be for pure fun mostly and if i ever get into USPSA
Ported because many moons ago when i shot IPSC i had a 1911  open gun ported with optic (old days grip mounted)
It was so easy to shoot well i want the modern version.

Eventually red dot's will get to the point on pistols that i trust the reliability for my carry gun ...... non critical way for me to get back in practice with one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to shoot USPSA with a ported optic gun you will be in Open div. There is a new division, Carry Optics which is what I will shoot my non ported gun in.  Or you can screw a comp on that extra threaded barrel and shoot open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top