Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I don't own one, was thinking about it, though. But, my little brother traded in his Walther for a p320. It was, and likely still is, a good gun. I do like it more than my glock 19.

But I find out this shit, and i absolutely did warn him about it.

And one can say to simply, "Well, just don't drip it!" Which is about the same as ,"Well, don't hit the deer when it jumps out in the road at 9:30 at night!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't own one so why do you care ?  

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics and or replies meant to disrupt the Site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or the ability of the Site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to posting overly large photos or .gif files, excessive emoticons, or the use of repetitive or overly long text strings. It can also be the posting of threads or replies, in which it appears that the sole purpose is to provoke other members, or to damage the image and/or reputation of the site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The gun is 100% safe as is."

Fuck Sig.

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics and or replies meant to disrupt the Site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or the ability of the Site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to posting overly large photos or .gif files, excessive emoticons, or the use of repetitive or overly long text strings. It can also be the posting of threads or replies, in which it appears that the sole purpose is to provoke other members, or to damage the image and/or reputation of the site.
I also didn't send off anything to be Cerakoted by Olympic, but I'm still upset with them. I also didn't buy anything from Mako Group, but I'm still upset with them.

I have friends who bought P320s, and I have friends who are going to be issued and carrying M17s.

Am I not allowed to express displeasure when a company blatantly lies to customers?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just his dry sense of humor. No different than making fun of your friend driving a Chevy, ect. I ran into him at the LGS and he was cool, a lot less abrasive in person.
View Quote
No, he is an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't own the P320 anymore BUT I sold it to a friend that does not really do online gun forums.  I told him about it as soon as I found out and asked him to call sig for the recall, er- I mean "upgrade"
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I also didn't send off anything to be Cerakoted by Olympic, but I'm still upset with them. I also didn't buy anything from Mako Group, but I'm still upset with them.

I have friends who bought P320s, and I have friends who are going to be issued and carrying M17s.

Am I not allowed to express displeasure when a company blatantly lies to customers?
View Quote
What did the MAKO group do?  remind me please

And I get where you are coming from- we are enthusiasts
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

P10c won't have this problem because it is a partial tension strike fire pistol with a tigger safety/tab like glock. Both ppq and vp9 are full tension strike fire pistol and will drop the striker like the p320 when experiencing a hard hit or shock. However these two pistol will not fire because they have a functioning fire block safety to stop the fire pin from moving forward. Let me find the videos and thread for you.

Ppq thread video is on the first post.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?26913-Return-of-Mallet-Mallet-vs-PPQ

Vp9 thread video is on the fifth post.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?26543-VP9-dead-trigger-due-to-impact-issue-(split-from-Personal-SIG-320-Journey-thread)
View Quote
I am intrigued about that.  I will have to test out my PPS M2.  Which I currently have 110% confidence in for carry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Sig.

Why you so mad bro?

I don't see any 320 owners throwing fits.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why you so mad bro?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Sig.

Why you so mad bro?

Because companies blatantly lying to customers upsets me. Especially when it's over safety issues that they were aware of.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Apex stated they did this with triggers and couldn't replicate it.   I hope mine is GTG with their flat trigger.  Anyone try that yet?
View Quote
On the APEX flat triggers.  There is a pretty extensive video where the one of the only guns they couldn't get to drop fire was a 320 with an Apex flat trigger.  They put THAT trigger in several guns that had previously drop fired and the Apex flat triggercured the issue.  The problem seems to be with the actual, physical WEIGHT of the trigger itself.  The Apex triggers are a few grams lighter and did not exhibit drop firing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For those who watched the hammer strike on the back of the slide video I strongly suggest you watch and listen to this carefully. I own Glock's and a 320.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtwzXu9dizo&t=322s

I'am a tad computer illiterate and can't get the link hot, the Yankee Marshall refutes TFB's hammer test
SIG P320 hammer test calling out TFB is the title.
View Quote
Yeah TFB didn't do as good job as they could have but the main thing I took away from Yankee Marshalls vid is he is a complete idiot. What a moron.

More importantly, I can't believe Sig is calling this a voluntary upgrade. WTF? What are they thinking? Totally asinine. It should be a mandatory recall. Doesn't matter if any "hammer test" was not done the way some blowhard youtuber would like it done. It fires when dropped. Repeatedly. Case closed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#11]
For what it's worth:

My son owns a SIG P320 Compact 9mm w/the APEX flat trigger.
After reading some of these threads about the P320 going off when dropped, I decided to test it myself on his.

I loaded up a 15rd mag w/14rds of 124gr FMJ topped off w/a snap cap. Chambered a separate snap cap before seating the loaded mag.
As suggested, I held the P320 hanging by the trigger guard w/the rear of the slide a measured 4' off the carpeted floor.

It required 17 careful attempts to get 10 solid hits on the rear of the slide as seen in the various posted videos.
Trigger was checked and reset after every attempt.
End result: At no time did the trigger move enough to drop the striker, it still required a full pull of the trigger to do so.

This could be due to using a Compact, or the APEX flat trigger, both or ???

I do not claim this was scientific testing, but thought I would post the result for those who might be interested.

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When it comes to Sig's no one is more respected than Bruce Gray . He has done 2 of my Sigs in the past and his work is above and beyond excellent . Bruce Gray claims there is no problem . Big discussion on the Sig forum on this post page 6 by Bruce Gray .
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
 posted August 05, 2017 03:08 PMAugust 05, 2017 03:08 PM Hide Post
I am here to tell you that there is no safety issues with the P320.

There was no incident, ND, or failure of a P320 of any sort that prompted the memo by Lt. Williamson.

DPD does not have any in their inventory, has never tested it, has only a couple officers carrying it so far, and none have had any issues.

The memo was simply addressing some outdated legacy language that inexplicably made it's way into one of the P320 owner's manuals. In doing due diligence just as I would have, this was questioned, SIG responded to clarify, and it was over.

All reports and online discussions to follow trace back to an article published by gunmagwarehouse.com. There was a headline stating "SIG SAUER P320 Fails Drop Test." In the article, the author reports that an anonymous reliable source within DPD stated that a P320 ND'd during training, among other inflammatory implications that proved not to be true.

I reached out, speaking for myself and Grayguns Inc., to this author on Tuesday to offer factual, verifiable information or an interview, but was rebuffed. This erroneous story was then reposted and repeated widely.

I and others knew this entire thing was bullshit from the start, but the author of this hyped up and apparently fabricated non-story from an "anonymous source" was not interested in hearing verifiable information, on the record.

And, for that record, there has never been a verified instance of any P320 firing when dropped out of the nearly 350,000 sold to date, much less a factory-spec pistol.

I have looked for such reports and followed up on everything I find, for three solud years. It hasn't happened.

The recent YouTube video pupirtibg to show a "P320 drop test" failure is an obvious fake.

I have personally bounced these puppies off of everything I can find. No go bang, ever.

This crap needs to be dismissed. The P320 is safe.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms. Now: Get some Lucas Extreme Duty Grease from Top Gun Supply and SIG Pro Shop, dammit! And remember: MOAC is coming again in 2017!

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistols.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 541-468-3840  
View Quote
Sig isnt doing all this work for nothing.  

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top