Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 1:06:52 AM EDT
Got a 2.0 in 9mm, and I really dislike the 3 white dots. What are guys using?  I would like something that can be used for a bit more accuracy. Anyone use the U style rear sights?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I run Warren's on my M&P and 10-8's on my Shield - happy with both.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Installed a set of Bud's tritium night sights on my full-sized M&P 357, and for $60 they are fantastic;

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/26_99/products_id/411556483/Buds+Gun+Shop+Night+Sights+for+Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P+FREE+SHIPPING

I presume that they also fit the 2.0's?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Trijicon HD for carry and 2gun.

I would probably have something smaller if I was trying for the absolute tightest group from a stationary line, but that's not what my guns are used for

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Stock tritium have served me well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you want night sights or something different?  FO front and black rear make for great sight combo or a straight 8 night sight setup works too.

Sights are very subjective what I like may not be what you like and the next guy may be completely different as well.  Also different sights for different uses.  Night sights are pointless on a day competition pistol but honestly it comes down to what you like.  

I like a taller than stock sight either FO front black rear or straight 8 2-dot night sight.  Dawson makes great FO and night sights and Heinie is my go to for my carry pistol.  Not a fan of 3 dot myself.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Dawson Precision fiber optic .100"
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been using Warren Tacticals on Glocks and M&Ps for several years. I did black rear/white dot tritium front, but now I do single dot rear/white dot tritium front.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I used Truglo tritium/fiber optics for a long time but got tired of the tubes falling out even though I really liked them. I understand Truglo fixed this but I replaced the old ones with Trijicon HDs. Don't see a reason to change back.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Trijicon HD XR sights in yellow.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Ameriglo CAP sights on all my pistols.

I like the squared off front sight.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Ameriglo I-Dot.  Absolute favorites and seem to be the best for my aging eyes
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer a blacked out rear and a high viz front. Don't care much if the rear is U or square (I suppose I prefer square but realistically it does not affect my shooting ability) and while I prefer fiber optic front just a high viz tritium type sight works great.

Ameriglo Hackathorns are excellent and cheap if you want a tritium front and I like Dawson for fiber optic. I like a simple sight picture. It just works better for me. I can pick up the front faster when I don't have a lot going on with the rear (that's what she said). Some folks like and prefer a 3-dot or i-dot. Try them all if you can afford it and see what works for you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a blacked out factory rear and a Dawson FO front and absolutely hate it. The FO front works great outdoors on the range but my poor eyesight loses the dot indoors. Nothing wrong with the sight itself, just useless for my eyes.

Recently picked up a set of Ameriglo Hackathorns but don't have them installed yet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I just added the Trijicon Novak 3 dot site to my pistol.  They are alright, but if I were to do it again, think that I would go with the orange front instead of the white.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stock tritium have served me well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, I have some take offs from my Pro, front fiber, black rear. If you are interested shoot me an email.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#17]
WC serrated green tritium front and serrated yellow tritium rear.

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Standard white dots on most of mine. On the ones I shoot regularly, I black out the rear dots.  

One of them had Truglo TFOs installed but it shoots lower than I like.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Ameriglo i-Dot Pro in yellow.  Got them on sale at a local store for $70 installed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a set of warren tacticals. Got them for a great price otherwise I'd be running a set of triji XRs. The warrens work just fine though. Hit at poa with my HST +Ps and the front sight is the right width (.12). I hate wide front posts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#21]
On my full size m&p I had ameriglo hackathorns. I can't stand 3 dot sights and found that I really like the blacked out rears combined with the tritium front with orange ring around it. I also have them on my g43. You first need to decide if you want 3 dot or single rear dot or blacked out rear sight and go from there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I recently swapped out the sights on my Sheild to the Ameriglo U style tritium sight with a single dot on the rear. The front has a large high viz orange circle around the tritium insert. So far I like these. The large dot centers in the U quickly for me and I shoot well with them. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#23]
tag for future upgrade...
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:16:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I like my Warren Tactical sights a lot.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been using Warren Tacticals on Glocks and M&Ps for several years. I did black rear/white dot tritium front, but now I do single dot rear/white dot tritium front.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/IMG-2591-271214.JPG
View Quote
This have used them for years, tritium on carry and HD guns. Fiber on competition guns 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Vickers black rear and Vickers FO green front.  Buds has them for cheap.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I just put some Ameriglo CAP LE's on my 2.0 .45.

Haven't had them at the range yet but I'm digging them so far. Pleased with the sight picture and acquisition.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Ameriglo Tritium I-Dot with Lumigreen Outline
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Trijicon HD for carry and 2gun.

I would probably have something smaller if I was trying for the absolute tightest group from a stationary line, but that's not what my guns are used for

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/alt1/826/826065.jpg
View Quote
I've got these with a neon yellow ring. Love em.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Someone emailed me about my sights, I got them from Wilson Combats site. Honestly though, if I had to do it over again I would have gone with the new Trijicon HDs with the thinner front sight in yellow. The main reason I chose the WC Battle sights is because I like a thinner front sight post and they were one of the few making a thin tritium front sight. My issue with them though is that the tritium dot in the front sight is so small it can be hard to pick up sometimes in low light. It just isn't bright enough. It is possible I got a defective front sight with a slow leak, I don't know. I don't really shoot my M&P that much really and I haven't carried it in months. Once the newness of it wore off I haven't really thought about it much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top