Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 1:27:07 PM EDT
The 2 that came with the gun...no problem! The 4 I just ordered? Big problem! Not sure why they wont drop free. Anyone have any experience fixing this?

Glock said to wrap a mag with painters tape and stick it in. Said that might stretch out the frame. Also said it's ok if they don't drop free

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine had plastic left over flashing that I cleaned up with a sharp knife.  The plastic would drag going in out.  Also just using them inserting and ejecting over and over make them move freer.  One thing I did notice where the injection mold is injected excess plastic was there that I cleaned up with some emory and 600 grit sandpaper.  All mine drop free and insert smooth now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine had plastic left over flashing that I cleaned up with a sharp knife.  The plastic would drag going in out.  Also just using them inserting and ejecting over and over make them move freer.  One thing I did notice where the injection mold is injected excess plastic was there that I cleaned up with some emory and 600 grit sandpaper.  All mine drop free and insert smooth now.
View Quote
My 43 (just got it a few weeks ago) had some flashing left over on the mag release as well.  So don't just check the mags.  Shine a light down your frame and look at that as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The 2 that came with the gun...no problem! The 4 I just ordered? Big problem! Not sure why they wont drop free. Anyone have any experience fixing this?

Glock said to wrap a mag with painters tape and stick it in. Said that might stretch out the frame. Also said it's ok if they don't drop free

Any thoughts?
View Quote

"Painters tape?" That's a new one. First, if you wrap tape around the mags, you may damage the mag or mag well if you force it in. Second, I don't think that the mag well is going to expand without some heat to soften the polymer. Also not a good idea.

Sounds like they're trying to avoid a warranty return or you had a "Bubba" Glock armorer answer your call. The early Glocks were designed to not allow the magazine to drop freely. When they hit the American market, that had to change as we Americans like our magazines to drop when we push that button.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
4 oem mags all drop free they fly out of mine .
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My mags had some rough spots too. I sanded them smooth and that helped a lot. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top