Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2017 11:29:32 AM EDT
Anyone hunt with a rmr or similar optic on their pistol?
Have a Glock 20 and I'm considering getting it milled or buying a 40 upper to go with it.
Any issues with rain or dirt obscuring the glass? I often hunt in wet conditions in the swamp and rainy Florida afternoons.
I'm fine with the irons on my Glock 20 but thought a red dot might help on those occasions when a pig runs across the trail in front of me and I need a quick shot.
Would really only use it during seasons when center-fire rifle is not allowed or as a sidarm during the seasons they are allowed.

Worth the money or just use irons ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not hunted with one but use them.  At first will be slower than irons, with practice, will be much faster.  A steady hand and young good eyes are fine with iron sights but the dot will be a great boost as you age.  In dry fire practice you will see deviation/waiver that you would not have noticed with irons.  At longer ranges it beats irons all to heck.  I prefer smaller dot sizes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't hunt with then, but I have several handguns with RMRs.  With practice you should see a healthy increase in accuracy.  As for water, the issue would be mostly with a drop or other debris over the emitter.  I wouldn't worry too much with it holstered.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a p320 with a rmr and while I haven't had it that long I have had zero issues. That said I'm in Arizona so not a lot of rain but dust hasn't been a issue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top