Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 1:28:20 AM EDT
IWI UZI Eagle / Baby Eagle 9mm fullsize W/ Steel frame, I remember shooting one of these a while back and liked it. Always wanted to pick one up. Hogue also makes the wraparound grips for it too. ( I put those on almost everything. )

Anyone here have any experience with them? I know they aren't new by any stretch of the imagination. I just sort of like the pistol and think it would be another interesting carry gun and a different range toy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in .40. I like it a lot. Fits like a glove and the trigger is pretty good out of the box. A pretty good CZ substitute.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one, but I shoot a friend's Jericho a lot and love it. A Jericho is on my list of "want to buy" guns.

I do own 5 CZ clones, three of them are very similar to the BE/Jericho. I love all steel guns.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
My Baby Eagle story is that I owned one about 15 years ago, and the firing pin broke (I assume from dry fire).  Magnum Research wanted to charge me to fit a new firing pin and then insisted on shipping it back to a FFL.

After that, I sold it and washed my hands of MRI products.

I don't remember a whole lot about the reliability and accuracy, it was probably fine.   I think I took it to the range maybe three times.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a new Jericho 941F in 9mm, now sold by IWI. Mine is the steel version, which is heavy, stable, and soft-shooting. I love it. The frame mounted safety is a nice improvement over the old slide-mounted lever and CZ 75B mags work in it (I can personally confirm that the Mecgar versions work fine).

My only real complaint is that the benefit of a low bore axis comes at the cost of not having much slide surface to get a grip, but I knew that going in. Overall, great pistol.
ETA: the steel variant is probably too hefty for CCW for most people. I don't have any experience with the polymer version but haven't heard of problems.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The heft is not a concern to me for CCW (as long as the frame isn't made out of lead).

Weight makes a nice soft shooting package.

I'll be shopping for one now and see what I can find. I like the frame mounted safety as well. I'll make some comparisons and pick one up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the IMI baby eagle in 9mm. One of my most accurate pistols out of the box.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the full size all steel .40 with frame safety. Replaced the rear sight with a target adjustable one, it is a sweet shooter.

TriStar T-120 can be found cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always thought the Jericho and the IWI stuff always felt really good in the hands, balanced, and are very reliable. They are a little heavy for what they are but I like that. I own/carry a good holsters and belt for every handgun I own so weight isn't really an issue for me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one in 9mm send 41ae

Fucking sexy pistols
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I prefer the frame safety versions from a looks/design perspective but I think the slide decocker version lends itself to carry better, as I'd rather carry it decocked and not have a safety to worry about, but it's just personal preference. You can also carry it at half cock and reduce your DA trigger pull a bit.

They are damn heavy, I carried mine quite a bit before I got some more practical options.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the full size all steel .40 with frame safety. Replaced the rear sight with a target adjustable one, it is a sweet shooter.

TriStar T-120 can be found cheaper.
View Quote
Paid $330ish OTD for the my T100, been great shooter 100% reliable, would suggest doing the CGW trigger job as the DA trigger pull is like 20lbs though doest smooth out some after 1000rds still highly suggest it. Can't find factory mecgar 15rd mags for it anywhere though so stuck with 14rd CZ75c mag's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I prefer the frame safety versions from a looks/design perspective but I think the slide decocker version lends itself to carry better, as I'd rather carry it decocked and not have a safety to worry about, but it's just personal preference. You can also carry it at half cock and reduce your DA trigger pull a bit.

They are damn heavy, I carried mine quite a bit before I got some more practical options.

http://i.imgur.com/aLtyZMU.jpg?1
View Quote
True statement about the decocker. It's lacking from the frame-mounted version and it would be nice to have.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I keep seeing them as a 9mm fullsize with only 10 rd mags as well. WTF?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:16:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a BE in .40 that was a jam machine. Never could get it to run right.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#15]
They make larger capacity mags. Some 20 rounders but they stick out the bottom.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I keep seeing them as a 9mm fullsize with only 10 rd mags as well. WTF?
View Quote
Probably mag restricted states. They can use CZ mags which go up to 17 rounds flush fit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok. Trying to find a good price on one now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#18]
they used to be available under $400 but seem scarce now, I like the ones without the rail, look more like their big brother the full size Desert Eagle...

how is the reset on these?  too long like a typical CZ75?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#19]
The biggest thing that has kept me from buying one (reeeeally want to) is that there are essentially no light bearing "duty" holster options like Safariland. Or is there one out there that I'm missing?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The biggest thing that has kept me from buying one (reeeeally want to) is that there are essentially no light bearing "duty" holster options like Safariland. Or is there one out there that I'm missing?
View Quote
Don't think Safariland makes one. You're kind of reliant on Israeli holsters like Front-Line.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
they used to be available under $400 but seem scarce now, I like the ones without the rail, look more like their big brother the full size Desert Eagle...

how is the reset on these?  too long like a typical CZ75?
View Quote
Out of the box trigger on the 941's I've felt in the last couple years were all very very good compared to stock CZ's, better even than Sig's with the SRT option.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I had a full size, steel BE in 9mm many years back. It was a great shooter. I wish I still had it. 
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I have one, but am trying to sell it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have one, but am trying to sell it.
View Quote
I just got one. It's perfect. Like new and shoots wonderfull.

Send me a message on the one you want to sell. I have a friend looking for one. He may be interested.

@BuckGodot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top