Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 4:12:26 PM EDT
so a few days ago I made a trade for a Canik TP9SF Elite ... Back story on the gun, I got it from a guy who does Youtube Gun reviews  Kwood23  . he had posted videos of him shooting it and also the issues he had with it, I won't go into detail but you can watch his vids for that.. he did send the pistol off to Century to get fixed.  then he did one last good-bye Canik video and it is now mine.
so I have had the gun a few days now and hit the range twice. 600 rounds and not one failure.  the trigger on this gun is fantastic, about a 4 1/2 pound pull. one thing I did not like was the sights (warren) the front fiber optic is so small it's basically invisible. so for now I had a M&P HI-VIZ front sight laying around from my old M&P9 so I changed it out.. it sits a bit lower so I had to just change my sight hold a bit to put it back in the "sweet spot".
another thing I did was use a few of the 18 round mags from my sons TP9 SA and they of course stick out a bit but function 100%.
overall I really like this pistol... it's not going to be a carry gun just a range shooter...  I just thought I would post, when I tried to find info on the gun it's like you love it, or hate... a few more opinions can't hurt if someones on the fence about getting one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
For the price point, it's pretty hard to beat.  I've been eyeing one myself...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the price point, it's pretty hard to beat.  I've been eyeing one myself...
View Quote
yeh I think they are around $350ish.. can't beat that! it is a great pistol, aside from a few things that Century had to fix.. I bet when the next model comes out they will have addressed all those issues.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My TP9SA has been great, no issues, seems to run every type of ammo I run thru it. Probably one of the best if not the best factory trigger in my collection.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I handled one yesterday. The mag wouldn't drop free when the release was pushed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
These seem to be getting popular.  Hard to buy a Century when there are cheap PD trade in Sigs and Glocks in the $3-$450 range. Plus FNS's can be had for the same price.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the SF and the V2....love 'em.

Shot both PLUS an SFx last night......absolutely can't miss with them.....

The SFx was incredible!!!!  I want one!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The TP9 is made in Turkey.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The rear rails being polymer is a turn off for me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]
My rails are steel on both guns.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I handled one yesterday. The mag wouldn't drop free when the release was pushed.
View Quote
Some of them have that problem 30 seconds with an emory board lightly sanding the 4 rails inside the magwell will solve the problem. Mine dropped the tp9 mags fine but some of my m9 mag's wouldnt drop free.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the SA and Elite, also have their CZ clone imported by tristar all have been 100% reliable, the cz clone I plan to do CGW trigger job on eventually.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My rails are steel on both guns.
View Quote
Yeah, I just did some digging and it seems they are all steel. Where did I hear they weren't???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top