Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2017 6:33:14 PM EDT
So I currently have a g19 now with a trijicon rmr rm06

Also currently have an older p320 non rx.

Was thinking about picking up the p320 rx compact but the only reason I haven't yet is because of some concerns about the Romeo 1.

I'm seeing people say that the battery life is garbage along with some people saying it loses zero easily with recoil.

What sayeth the handgun forums?

Romeo1 gtg or just get my old p320 killed for a rmr as well?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting a lot of complaints about Sig's optic. Going tits up inside 1k rounds. 3 so far
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The romeo is basically a holosun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Do what I did and take a 320. Send it off to Parker mountain or lm precision and get it milled for a rmr. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
My 320RX has been fine so far. Probably just under 1000 rds though so it doesn't really tell you much yet, other than perhaps most units are fine but some are not. 

Battery life is not an issue on mine though. I leave it on all the time. The auto on/off works so far and it's still going (7-8 months). I like the red dot overall in terms of features, clarity, size. 

Limited perspective, but there you go. Based on my experience alone I'd recommend as a relatively economical way to try red dot on pistols. The reports of failures are concerning. 
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]
No issues with mine.  I've had it for about 5 months and love it.  Over 2400 rounds.  I have had to change the original battery out but that was after a ton of use and no telling how long the original was it it.  It's a simple battery change. The replacement seems to be lasting much longer than the original.

I also have a g19 with an rmr milled into the slide.  Of the two the Romeo 1 optic is preferred from the large sight window.  So far the reliability has been fine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had the RMR.  Their battery arrangement sucks, since you have to remove it and then rezero to confirm.  Also had the dual illuminated RMR.  Didn't  care for the blue tint, limited window and wash out.  I hated the price for both.  My RX compact has been fine.  No problems  at all.  They are GTG.  

It's not made by Holosun.  I don't know what you are smoking.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
2 x P320RX FS neither has had said battery problems or shit in POI.

In fact one of mine still has the original battery from April and it has well over 1500 rounds through it.

cp
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
You can't go wrong with either. I carry a P320C myself but I'll always love Glocks as well. Just go with what you like.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Can only offer my experience. I have a G19 cut by ATEI for an RMR and it's had no issues. Rented a full size 320RX at the range and had no issues.

However a few weeks later I heard the gun was off the line already because the optic took a crap after someone dropped the gun (it cracked the glass iirc). I haven't dropped my RMR or anything but I'd have full confidence it would still work after.

Maybe just send your current 320 off to get fitted for an RMR
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys with P320 RX's, are you carrying them every day or only to the range? I only ask cause I've heard some word of mouth,(gossip honestly), that battery life was crap because the movement of carrying them on body kept the optic on all the time and chewed through battery life.

I'm hoping this isnt the case, but would like some actual user/owner feedback.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys with P320 RX's, are you carrying them every day or only to the range? I only ask cause I've heard some word of mouth,(gossip honestly), that battery life was crap because the movement of carrying them on body kept the optic on all the time and chewed through battery life.

I'm hoping this isnt the case, but would like some actual user/owner feedback.
View Quote
I use mine for USPSA and some local stuff. I have never had a problem with battery life. I do turn it off between stages if I remember but it has never been an issue. Yet.
As with all optics that use a battery, I always carry extra.
Btw
You can use the irons through the Romeo 1 in a pinch.
Cp
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2 x P320RX FS neither has had said battery problems or shit in POI.

In fact one of mine still has the original battery from April and it has well over 1500 rounds through it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/All%20SIG/IMG_0130_zpsxodct95a.jpg

cp
View Quote
The one on the left..

As a Glock fan for almost 20 years how does the Sig compare to a G19 for daily carry?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I own a g19.4 and a p320c.

Overall I like the 320 better. It has better ergos, better trigger, it's more accurate (for me) but the one big downside for carry is the thickness. The g19 is definitely easier to carry AND you have a much better accessory market.

My primary carry is my g19 but once more holsters become available for the 320 I may switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top