Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2002 1:03:10 AM EDT
Eventually(see my other post about a newbie gun), I'd like to get a 1911(in .45ACP).

I've looked at Springfield(which seem REAL nice), and Kimber(shot one of these-REAL nice too).

So, I was looking for other options, I saw Para Ord. They make a 1911 w/ a 14 shot capacity. I understand that the grip is bigger to compensate for this.

What does everybody think about them?

How much to the cost?

How does the grip feel?

Any other opinions?

Should I go with a Springfield instead, even with the lower capacity??

I will get my hands on one eventually to try it out(like the others), if only to see how it feels in my hands.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Para P14 is a nice option, you could get one fairly new with two mags in the 600 range if you really shop maybe even better.  Kimber is a fine pistol but you won't get the capacity.  You could also go with a used Glock 21 for capacity.  It all depends what you want if for.  There are other questions too, like do you want full size or not.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top