User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and you can't admit it isn't since major components don't interchange for the obvious reason.

You just got to love some millennials.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fanboy got riled up!
always does...can't admit Arex heavily copied Zastava for some odd reason.
and you can't admit it isn't since major components don't interchange for the obvious reason.

You can copy something without having parts interchange. That's kind of a stupid thing to use as proof.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can copy something without having parts interchange. That's kind of a stupid thing to use as proof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fanboy got riled up!

Taurus PT-92 is a copy of the Beretta 92. Parts don't interchange.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fanboy got riled up!

Yeah. Original Canik TP9 is a copy of the Walther P99. Parts don't interchange, save for like a firing pin.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah. Original Canik TP9 is a copy of the Walther P99. Parts don't interchange, save for like a firing pin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fanboy got riled up!

Taurus Model 85 is a copy of the S&W Model 36. Parts don't interchange.

The Astra Constable 380 is a clone of the Walther PPK. Parts don't interchange.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
A lot do btw
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Folks use the terms "copy/clone" very loosely.  

A real copy/clone is a exact/near-duplicate with total or near-total parts interchange. Pistols may look like another but if they don't interchange it's not a copy but a "look-a-like", or at best a derivative.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Stick to what has been proven. Glock,Beretta,S&W, Sig Sauer etc.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A real copy/clone is a exact/near-duplicate with total or near-total parts interchange. Pistols may look like another but if they don't interchange it's not a copy but a "look-a-like", or at best a derivative.
View Quote
If I copy the design of something, but change the dimensions of each of the major components enough so that they won't fit in the original, is that not a copy/clone?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
My MSAR E4 is a one to one copy of a Steyr AUG. Parts don't interchange.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Well...I finished buying up two P320s. A full-size (for me) and a compact (for her).  And I also ordered a Norinco clone of the P226, just to make some try.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#12]
It might be a good gun but will spare parts always be around like the major manufacturers?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah... It's why I went to the P320.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah... It's why I went to the P320.
View Quote
Don't drop it
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you for your input. 

Currently, I am working with a P-09 that I bought for about 600USD. 
A Rex Zero 1 will be about 700USD...and I'm decided to buy a new firearm this year but I am still undecided. 

Still, your various inputs lead me either to a P320 or a Rex. 
View Quote
I think your P-09 is a far better option than either the rex or 320.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#16]
For me, I don't see it being a $600.00 gun. I am not saying they don't have an investment in it or that it is a bad gun but at that price range, I would venture with another brand. It is nice to see another American pistol come to the market. I have tried a few new pistols for their time- Nitescout-(although it was first named something else when I bought it),KRISS 45 and a few others. Other than the KRISS, the other brands have come and gone with not much support left. My fear would be to spend a decent amount of money on a pistol just to have it go to waste when the support goes away. If parts could interchange, that would be a little different.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do these take a proprietary magazine?   
View Quote
They use their own magazine but the magazines are inexpensive. Under $25.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

First of all I followed the pistol closely once it was announced in communications with both the FIME Group and KVAR, and they were "never advertised" as a "piss cheap gun" in the $300-400 range.  Perhaps the previous folks have it confused with another pistol.

The MAC review and tests have been very positive, and my experience with mine supports the MAC findings.
View Quote
^This

People who are complaining about the prices have been in the polymer pistol realm way too long and have not watched any of their factory tour/build process videos. They'd know that there is no way this gun would be below $600 on the market. There QC is top notch. Rex is also not a new company that decided to build a gun over night. They've been making firearm components for years for military contracts.

MAC also showed that the Zero is more reliable than the Sig Legion 226. TFB just did a video where they shot the new 4" model and literally threw it in mud water and continued to shoot like nothing happened. A 226 would have failed. Based off current industry news on all the recalls, at this point I would rather take a REX to war instead of a Sig.

I myself have not found a single negative review on the gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
at this point I would rather take a REX to war instead of a Sig.
View Quote
And I'd rather take a Glock than either of those ^^^ But, the point is moot since civilians will never be involved in the "war" and a pistol would be about useless anyways if it came to that.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well...I finished buying up two P320s. A full-size (for me) and a compact (for her).  And I also ordered a Norinco clone of the P226, just to make some try.
View Quote
I didn't even know they made such a thing. The only Norinco pistols I can remember other than Mak's were their 1911's which were actually pretty good pistols to the point where some Smiths would work on those but not bother with Colts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Norinco is offering a P226 clone and a P228 also.

There is, in the catalog of the German importer (Norconia), a P226-style chambered in 7.62x25 also. A curiosity, for sure !

In the M1911, they are making standard 1911A1 but also a hi-cap, Para-Ordnance magazine compatible, a 9mm, a .45 Commander-style...and those are low priced.

The current price for the P226 is 445€, with the proof firing in Belgium.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:43:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And I'd rather take a Glock than either of those ^^^ But, the point is moot since civilians will never be involved in the "war" and a pistol would be about useless anyways if it came to that.  
View Quote
Glock.., meh. I use it because thats what im issued. Anyways, it's a figure of speech but last time a checked guns weren't made just for civilians.

I get in and out of up-armored Helix and Land Cruisers (6'3 and in full kit) on the daily with my primary being a 16" AR, so I'll just take what you feel as "useless" as an opinion because surely you can't be speaking for everyone, especially not me. So the point isn't "moot", your baseless idea of a sidearm being "useless" is just subjective.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#24]
+1 with you.

I have been in situation where all I had was an Hi-Power. And I was really glad to have it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Norinco is offering a P226 clone and a P228 also.

There is, in the catalog of the German importer (Norconia), a P226-style chambered in 7.62x25 also. A curiosity, for sure !

In the M1911, they are making standard 1911A1 but also a hi-cap, Para-Ordnance magazine compatible, a 9mm, a .45 Commander-style...and those are low priced.

The current price for the P226 is 445€, with the proof firing in Belgium.
View Quote
I'd jump all over a 7.62x25 P series style pistol. That's just stupid enough for me to need.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
+1 with you.

I have been in situation where all I had was an Hi-Power. And I was really glad to have it.
View Quote
I feel that people will definitely always defend themselves with what they can and sometimes even less can be more.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'd jump all over a 7.62x25 P series style pistol. That's just stupid enough for me to need.
View Quote
Sadly, I don't think the US would allow the pistol to be imported.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
^This

People who are complaining about the prices have been in the polymer pistol realm way too long and have not watched any of their factory tour/build process videos. They'd know that there is no way this gun would be below $600 on the market. There QC is top notch. Rex is also not a new company that decided to build a gun over night. They've been making firearm components for years for military contracts.

MAC also showed that the Zero is more reliable than the Sig Legion 226. TFB just did a video where they shot the new 4" model and literally threw it in mud water and continued to shoot like nothing happened. A 226 would have failed. Based off current industry news on all the recalls, at this point I would rather take a REX to war instead of a Sig.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all I followed the pistol closely once it was announced in communications with both the FIME Group and KVAR, and they were "never advertised" as a "piss cheap gun" in the $300-400 range.  Perhaps the previous folks have it confused with another pistol.

The MAC review and tests have been very positive, and my experience with mine supports the MAC findings.
^This

Well, when Sig Sauer has dropped their quality to the nth degree it is easy see why Rex has beaten them. Sig nownhas a base pistol that they throw different colors on or add a little anchor and charge more money for it. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#29]
The Norinco/Norconia PX-3, a P-226 style handgun, chambered in 7.62x25:

I went the P320 way but, still, I wonder if I wouldn't buy a Rex to give it a fair trial by myself. I will order a couple of spare parts, just in case of.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

do you have 30K rounds of 9mm on tap?  Do you own a pistol that you have fired 30K rounds through?  Just curious.
View Quote
Not yet but I'm trying.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#31]
When you think of everything it takes to carry a pistol, and everything we've added to them to make them better fighting guns.....paying the same $ as you would for a widely supported firearm for a gun that is probably a dead end......doesn't make practical sense if you intend to actually use the thing.

At least that's where I'm at with this thing.  When you buy a pistol, you are committing to buying mags, at least one (probably 2-6) holster(s).  By buying into an established pistol design, you reduce your difficulty and cost in outfitting the thing for use.

And it's not even a brand thing, it's a brand and model thing.

But when you buy into one of the established lines, you are paying a little more up front in some cases, but you are getting more development for less $ in the long run, you will have easy and current support for that firearm for many more years than these other pistols.  

So, does that matter to you?  Dunno, but in a purely practical sense........why pay more for something that represents more cost and risk?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#32]
If you use the slide stop to drop the slide on a fresh mag, does it decock the gun?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope. Decocking is performed by pushing the slide stop upward.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#34]
The K-var website says that it can be operated cocked and locked or DA/SA. Is it traditional SA cocked and locked with the safety in the up position? 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The K-var website says that it can be operated cocked and locked or DA/SA. Is it traditional SA cocked and locked with the safety in the up position? 
View Quote
Rex can be sa with manual safety on. Can be declocked using the declocker for da/sa. Can be declock with safety on.  The declocker is also use as a slide stop. Personally I find it very hard to use the declocker to release the slide. I power stoke to release the slide and use the declocker to drop the hammer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 4:50:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nope. Decocking is performed by pushing the slide stop upward.
View Quote
Uh... no. You push down on the slide stop to decock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 4:51:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you use the slide stop to drop the slide on a fresh mag, does it decock the gun?
View Quote
No. You have to release the pressure then reapply for it to decock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like a cool pistol but at $600 that's approaching Sig prices.

That's like buying a $300 Chinese optic when you can get an Aimpoint for close to the same price.

If it gets below $500 I might be interested but then again I can buy a brand new Glock in that range.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's like buying a $300 Chinese optic when you can get an Aimpoint for close to the same price.

If it gets below $500 I might be interested but then again I can buy a brand new Glock in that range.
View Quote
It's also better than a Sig.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
be sure to write that in your sale ad when you go to sell it...
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig's QC is garbage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#42]
NO NSN NUMBER NO CARE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top