Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2017 10:48:47 AM EDT
After having considered switching my carry pistol (but still clinging to my P-09), I wonder if the Rex Zero 1 is worth all the hype around it. 

Seriously, is there anyone here who did a good work out of the pistol ? I mean first hand experience ? Here in Belgium, it doesn't want to start. I brought the first in Belgium some months ago for another gunshop but it doesn't look like a success. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have handled and shot one it was alright, did what it was supposed to do. It was reliable and accurate. When they first came out they were hyped because it was a very good gun for  around $300 - $400. Now they are pushing $600 and as a $600 gun it is meh. For me they fall into the XD category. The HS2000 was a fantastic gun for $250. A SF XD logo change and suddenly it is a $500 gun. No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I was super excited by seeing the potential when they were first introduced... as a piss cheap gun.
They've shown up at a couple of local shops and they're priced well over Glock and Smith and Wesson established options.  They're priced higher than CZ. They're priced higher than the Sig P320.  They are cheaper than many of the metal framed Sigs... but not by much.

If they hit the shelves in the 400$ range as initially advertised, I'd probably own one.
At 630$+.... Nah, there are other guns I would prefer first.

If they really catch on and they get a great track record... I still might, but currently I'll pass.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was super excited by seeing the potential when they were first introduced... as a piss cheap gun.
They've shown up at a couple of local shops and they're priced well over Glock and Smith and Wesson established options.  They're priced higher than CZ. They're priced higher than the Sig P320.  They are cheaper than many of the metal framed Sigs... but not by much.

If they hit the shelves in the 400$ range as initially advertised, I'd probably own one.
At 630$+.... Nah, there are other guns I would prefer first.

If they really catch on and they get a great track record... I still might, but currently I'll pass.
View Quote
First of all I followed the pistol closely once it was announced in communications with both the FIME Group and KVAR, and they were "never advertised" as a "piss cheap gun" in the $300-400 range.  Perhaps the previous folks have it confused with another pistol.

Second I've had mine for over a year and it runs fine, reliable and accurate.  I've shot it regularly in IPSC shooting in my area.  Others that have shot/seen mine like it and its quality. But in a world with tons of pistol options it isn't as popular yet.  My FFL sold every REX they got in in my area.

I got mine for $550USD, and have no regrets on that purchase price. I prefer it to Sigs due to the better control set-up. Other-wise its a Sig-type pistol with some noticeable improvements over the legacy Sigs. Plus the magazines are the smoothest feeding mags I've ever handled.

The MAC review and tests have been very positive, and my experience with mine supports the MAC findings.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your input. 

Currently, I am working with a P-09 that I bought for about 600USD. 
A Rex Zero 1 will be about 700USD...and I'm decided to buy a new firearm this year but I am still undecided. 

Still, your various inputs lead me either to a P320 or a Rex. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thank you for your input. 

Currently, I am working with a P-09 that I bought for about 600USD. 
A Rex Zero 1 will be about 700USD...and I'm decided to buy a new firearm this year but I am still undecided. 

Still, your various inputs lead me either to a P320 or a Rex. 
View Quote
No problem.

As with "any pistol" try to shoot a Rex before a purchase if you have a vendor or club/shooting range with one to try out first.  It may fit your hand and your needs or maybe not.  Or maybe the P320 fits you better.

Another pistol to consider would be a CZ P-10C. I have one on the way and looking forward to getting it.

Hope you get what works for you.

Regards,
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Off Brand SHIT!  Don't buy into that BS video, ONLY the Newbs and Misinformed ran out and bought one!  Stick with Sig,HK,Beretta,Glock, they're the BIG FOUR for a reason!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I swear, we had this EXACT same thread not too long ago...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Off Brand SHIT!  Don't buy into that BS video, ONLY the Newbs and Misinformed ran out and bought one!  Stick with Sig,HK,Beretta,Glock, they're the BIG FOUR for a reason!
View Quote
Because of suckers.

CZ does it all better than all of them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This things are over $ 600. I paid about the same for my refurbed sigs.
View Quote
Exactly. This is a Sig clone that costs more then a used Sig. I think they got hyped by a few videos on youtube and jumped the shark thinking people will pay a premium. I don't think it is going the way the manufacturer thought it would though. I keep an eye out in my area for them and so far I have only seen two in six months. Either they are out of stock everywhere (they are not), or they just are not selling well, (more likely). There are 75 listed up on GB right now and only one of them has a bid. http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Keywords=rex
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
They aren't 100% sig clone. The Rex have a declocker and a manual safety. You can carry it hammer down DA/SA or  cocked-and-locked SA mode. I'll buy one if it below $550.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They aren't 100% sig clone.
View Quote
Correct, they are a Zastava clone
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol so a clone of a clone...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#14]
On their website they claim to only have a service life of 30,000 rounds.  That doesn't seem like a whole lot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
They're good pistols, but the triggers are horrible IMO. Too heavy, SA is no better either. The German made Sigs have excellent triggers in comparison, and not to mention the SRT from current Sigs.

Also, way overpriced in todays market. I wpuld definitely buy a CZ over a Rex anyday.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First of all I followed the pistol closely once it was announced in communications with both the FIME Group and KVAR, and they were "never advertised" as a "piss cheap gun" in the $300-400 range.
View Quote
Initial 'first look' videos before it hit the US market indicated a street price below 500$... in the 400$ range as I stated above.  In the 400-500$ range I'd probably already own one.  At street prices over 600$ (618$ from a local shop being one of the better prices I've seen) I'm not nearly as interested... it's gone from potential 'steal' to 'huh... I could grab something from a much more established company with much better aftermarket support for less".  I paid less for a Sig P320 Carry (500$ with a pile of mags and several spare grip frames), 450$ for a Glock G4 19 MOS, Glock 29 for 465$, Glock 20sf for 435$ and that is just in the past few months.... I'm interested in a Rex Zero 1, but not at it's current price point.

Perhaps I wasn't clear with the phrase 'piss cheap'... I meant it similar to the CZ clones that TriStar/Canik55 imported (and still import).  They were 'piss cheap' compared to CZ options, but are of good quality.  Tristar and Canik are no longer the steals they were a few years ago, but they're still good guns.  My Canik55 Stingray-C was under 300$ new... it's a great gun and was an absolute steal for a piss cheap gun.  My TriStar L-120 was a steal at 250$... a great quality piss cheap gun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
On their website they claim to only have a service life of 30,000 rounds.  That doesn't seem like a whole lot.
View Quote
do you have 30K rounds of 9mm on tap?  Do you own a pistol that you have fired 30K rounds through?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. CZ is so overhyped.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I handled one, seems to be well built. I didn't care for the slide release/hammer drop, like the Sig design much better.

As other have said, pricey, nothing really great about it... nothing really terrible either. I don't buy into all the CZ hype, but I'd rather have a CZ.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:55:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Just bought a Rex Zero Compact for $520 from Pepper Gun. Deal will end July 14th. It's a make an offer deal and to my surprise it was painless because it all computer control. If you're in the market for a Rex Zero this is the best deal right now and probably for a long time.

https://gun.deals/product/prepper-gun-shop-independence-day-sale-starts-now-make-offer-sale-price-rex-zero-1cp-compact

via gun.deals

https://gun.deals/product/prepper-gun-shop-independence-day-sale-starts-now-make-offer-sale-price-rex-zero-1cp-compact
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Handled and shot one. Meh... 

It is a DA/SA metal framed pistol. It does nothing a decent German made Sig can't do. I'll stick with my Italian Berettas. Better ergonomics and quality. The Rex is okay but priced more than I'd pay. 

It just doesn't bring anything different/new to the table. 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

do you have 30K rounds of 9mm on tap?  Do you own a pistol that you have fired 30K rounds through?  Just curious.
View Quote
2, 1911s and a 2011 Edge in 40 and I am the 4th owner of that pistol.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]
The Rex Zero is not worth the hype.  The only reason it's hyped is because of the MAC video.  It'd be OK if it were a $300 gun.  I'd take a used Sig (pre-2010 preferrably) any day over one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agreed. CZ is so overhyped.
View Quote
How so?  I can buy a CZ P-09/7 for 499 vs a HK P30 for 1K.  I can drop ~$200 in parts into it and have a pistol that can run circles around an HK that still cost $300+ more.  That seems like a great value and bang for the buck.
Or if you want to compare metal frame take a SP-01/P01 compared to a P226/9 550-600 vs 1K+.  

I am not see hype I am seeing value.  And HUGE bang for the buck.

On the Rex Zero 1 it is a pretty good pistol other than a slightly heavy trigger stock it is a much better value than a brand new Sig that would cost much more coin.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Rex Zero is not worth the hype.  The only reason it's hyped is because of the MAC video.  It'd be OK if it were a $300 gun.  I'd take a used Sig (pre-2010 preferrably) any day over one.
View Quote
It is not worth $600 but around $500 is differently worth it to me. Sig are over priced imo. I consider sig to be sub $500 guns.

With that said the rex zero is the only pistol that passed Tim's test. Here are the videoes for anyone missed it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WGd6ZAXXRT8

Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It is not worth $600 but around $500 is differently worth it to me. Sig are over priced imo. I consider sig to be sub $500 guns.

With that said the rex zero is the only pistol that passed Tim's test. Here are the videoes for anyone missed it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WGd6ZAXXRT8

View Quote
Sig Legions and all the other flash in the pan models they make aren't worth the money. A Legion is just a normal pistol with some visual changes. Sig is very big on selling the sizzle not the steak. All these different models of nothingness. Scorpion, Legion, Mk25, etc.... A normal Sig P226R with a little anchor stamped on it makes it worth sooooo much more.

I look at the Rex 1 as another pistol in a crowded market. It is a clone of a clone. It isn't a bad design by any means. But I'll stick with the Beretta 92 Series.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#28]
For $400 yes worth looking at. But at $600+i will buy a NIB Sig.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]
ALL the Newbs/No brains watch some video on off brand CRAP, think it's a good pistol! C'mon man, the reason you're doubting it, is you know it's JUNK! Buy a Sig 226 Elite, HK P30L, Beretta 92/variants, Glock 19/17! Stick with the winners Bud, save yourself the aggravation!
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ALL the Newbs/No brains watch some video on off brand CRAP, think it's a good pistol! C'mon man, the reason you're doubting it, is you know it's JUNK! Buy a Sig 226 Elite, HK P30L, Beretta 92/variants, Glock 19/17! Stick with the winners Bud, save yourself the aggravation!
View Quote

Why is it junk, because it's a new brand to the US??? The ones I've looked at were very nicely built.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Had one for a while. Great shooter. Grip size was hurting my girly hands.
AS other have said its worth it for 400.00 but not 600.00.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why is it junk, because it's a new brand to the US??? The ones I've looked at were very nicely built.
View Quote
Do not feed the trolls....
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad that new models are being imported, but this gun brings nothing to the table at all, other than novelty.   It won't make any inroads priced as it is, especially since you can get proven pistols with a larger aftermarket (such as the CZ) for less money.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm glad that new models are being imported, but this gun brings nothing to the table at all, other than novelty.   It won't make any inroads priced as it is, especially since you can get proven pistols with a larger aftermarket (such as the CZ) for less money.
View Quote
I just saw a photo of one milled for an RMR with suppressor sights... That might draw my interest at the 600$ level, but the base gun?  No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Zastava isn't a clone of a Sig.

It's more of a clone of a P88, but with a Sig like slide.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Judas Priest, here we go again...yeah, those frame looks nothing alike

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judas Priest, here we go again...yeah, those frame looks nothing alike

http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/handguns/serbia/1287745887.jpg

https://www.realgunreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/226-wg.jpg

The pistol is essentially a Walther P88 with a Sig styled slide.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#38]
First, what hype on the Rex?  I'm only aware of MAC's review and him hawking it. Can't say I've heard of anyone else talk about it.

Second, yes, the CZ99 is a Walther knock off, not a SIG one. IIRC, the CZ and P88 may share parts.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#39]
There are too many alternatives from well established brands at similar price points for me to become interested simply because they look outwardly like SIGs and someone posted videos of how well they work after being submerged in mud.

Their own website's projection of a 30,000 round service life is also a turnoff for me because I've got a P220 with over 37,000 rounds on it and it's still in terrific shape.

Service life and parts availability from an established manufacturer is of more importance to me than submergence in mud since I shoot 10's of thousands of rounds through my handguns annually;  but have never buried them in mud.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#40]
The Berea Pro Thunder series is more of a P88 clone. The CZ99/Rex Zero 1 has some Walther elements but Kenmore Sig.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Berea Pro Thunder series is more of a P88 clone. The CZ99/Rex Zero 1 has some Walther elements but Kenmore Sig.
View Quote
The Rex Zero 1 is not a CZ99.  The KSN Golan and TZ99 are CZ99 copies.

But the Rex does have "design features" of the Walther 88 and Sig 226 in it, as well as it's own features.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Rex Zero 1 is not a CZ99.  
View Quote
We've been over this before (with pictures).  The internal of the slide on the REX is IDENTICAL to a Zastava.  The grip frame near identical too save for the cut allowances for the manual safety.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Firearms designers have been borrowing/copying design elements from other designs for over 100 years.

Just because a slide or something else on two different pistols have a "passing resemblance" to another doesn't mean they are interchangeable.

In a previous thread mikebaker 1129 said he has a EZ9 (fourth generation CZ 99) and Rex pistols said while the slides look alike but they won't interchange so they're not identical, and the frame is longer so a CZ99 mag won't work, plus the other clear differences.  

And compared to you I actually own a Rex and have compared it side-by-side with a CZ99. They are not identical/near identical as you claim, but there are resemblances with the old CZ99 as well as Sig 226 and Walther 88.  Like I said first, firearms designers have been borrowing/copying design elements from other designs for over 100 years.

The CZ99 and Rex Zero are two different pistols, made in two different countries by two different companies separated by nearly 20 years of development with "obvious" differences in appearance, features and function, but with some familiarity.

So why don't you "buy" one of each, disassemble both pistols completely, then start to try to swap parts, and report back. You might learn something, theoretically.  

In addition, maybe you should take a trip to Slovenia and go to the AREX factory and explain to them how right you are.

And in the mean time get your eyes checked, and look up the definition of what "identical" means.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Firearms designers have been borrowing/copying design elements from other designs for over 100 years.

Just because a slide or something else on two different pistols have a "passing resemblance" to another doesn't mean they are interchangeable.

In a previous thread mikebaker 1129 said he has a EZ9 (fourth generation CZ 99) and Rex pistols said while the slides look alike but they won't interchange so they're not identical, and the frame is longer so a CZ99 mag won't work, plus the other clear differences.  

And compared to you I actually own a Rex and have compared it side-by-side with a CZ99. They are not identical/near identical as you claim, but there are resemblances with the old CZ99 as well as Sig 226 and Walther 88.  Like I said first, firearms designers have been borrowing/copying design elements from other designs for over 100 years.

The CZ99 and Rex Zero are two different pistols, made in two different countries by two different companies separated by nearly 20 years of development with "obvious" differences in appearance, features and function, but with some familiarity.

So why don't you "buy" one of each, disassemble both pistols completely, then start to try to swap parts, and report back. You might learn something, theoretically.  

In addition, maybe you should take a trip to Slovenia and go to the AREX factory and explain to them how right you are.

And in the mean time get your eyes checked, and look up the definition of what "identical" means.
View Quote
Fanboy got riled up!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fanboy got riled up!
View Quote
always does...can't admit Arex heavily copied Zastava for some odd reason.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm just here for the hissy fits, slap fights and popcorn.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fanboy got riled up!
and you can't admit it isn't since major components don't interchange for the obvious reason.

You just got to love some millennials.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

and you can't admit it isn't since major components don't interchange for the obvious reason.

You just got to love some millennials.
View Quote
I was born in '79 youngster
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was born in '79 youngster
View Quote
So you fit the definition.

I was out of college when you were born, kid.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So you fit the definition.

I was out of college when you were born, kid.
View Quote
time for you to hit the books again and see the classification for millenials
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top