Quoted:

I'm not even sure where to begin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not even sure where to begin.
Clearly....
Since you didn't even make it out of the starting gate.

I will hang out in 2017 with my Beretta Vertec with it's tactical do-dads and you hang out in 1997 where apparently nothing ever bad happens at night.
I hang out at the range....by the lack of wear on your pistol it would appear that is a place yours rarely sees.

BTW I can do better than 1997, how about a 92 from 1988? Without running back home to check my log book, I believe it was on its 5th or 6th locking block before I retired it.

You now have a standing invitation to come out to our range and run some drills against me and one of my stone age Brigs. I'll even let you pick the scenarios, we're set up for many including vehicle and interior. We will run them both day and night. My only rule is that it will be done on camera.

BTW your color coordination is cute, I bet that impresses the guys. It kind of makes me feel bad as I'll have to show up with one of my ragged looking moppets with half their color worn off by actual use
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's his duty gun bro, lights are to tacticool for such serious use.
View Quote
Yea 'bro', because no one has ever been able to manage both a light and pistol before the advent of the rail eh 'bro'? You know I once heard there was a time when duty guns only held six cartridges, can you believe that? Me neither, so I told the person they were FOS and to take their lies elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
OP it seems this thread has gone way off course by a few folks who, well....never mind. Anyway, if you can try both the Sig & 92 side by side. If you find you're serious about going the 92 route, I would then suggest trying a standard model side by side against a Brigadier if at all possible. With the Brig slide & spring they just become an entirely more refined pistol over the standard model, which is already top shelf as is.

Of course you might try the Sig and the 92 side by side and find that you shoot the Sig better, just the way it goes sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea 'bro', because no one has ever been able to manage both a light and pistol before the advent of the rail eh 'bro'? You know I once heard there was a time when duty guns only held six cartridges, can you believe that? Me neither, so I told the person they were FOS and to take their lies elsewhere.
View Quote
I started with a handheld light stationed in DC. After using both over the last 15 years there is a huge benefit to a wml, especially on a duty gun.

Choosing not to carry one is one thing. Calling the practice tacticool on a duty gun is pure ignorance and kind of astonishing that some one with as much experience as you claim doesn't see that. That's one place that it should be mandatory.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
With the Brig slide & spring
View Quote
What weight recoil spring does the Brig come with?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]
If you can't keep both. Keep the 220. I've got both and I like them for their difference. I shoot the 92 more as my 220 is a deployment gun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
*snip*
View Quote
You have been overbearing in your attempt to convince us of your wise old ways and your superior skill set. You have made a lot of assumptions about some of the posters in this thread and your invite to come out to your range to somehow have some sort of show down with you is more of your derp. It convinces me that you really don't know what you are talking about because nobody that has it all figured out like you do would paint themselves into a corner like that. Simply put you don't know who any of us are or what they are capable of. Challenging someone on the internet is

As to your other moments, (I realize there were a lot of them but I am specifically referencing the bit about rails being "tacticool"), if you are really a student of the gun as you claim, firing hundreds of thousands of rounds to the point of breaking several locking blocks, (by the way, I don't believe you), as you claim you wouldn't be here claiming rails are tacticool doo-dads. Gunfighting has evolved. Why have to tie up one hand holding a flashlight when I can have that light mounted to my weapon and now have that hand free to get a better grip on the weapon, use that hand to manipulate the weapon, change mags, drag a buddy out of the line of fire, hold off an attacker? That is a rhetorical question by the way I don't need you to anwser and simply judging by the number of pistols that come with rails and the amount of police departments that mandate as weapon mounted light I know that rails are useful. Times change, things improve. I'm willing to bet you drive a vehicle with a fuel injected engine. Can you believe there was a time when automobiles used carburetors.

Let's see some pics of your high round count guns. Specifically that Brig that broke all those locking blocks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I started with a handheld light stationed in DC. After using both over the last 15 years there is a huge benefit to a wml, especially on a duty gun.

Choosing not to carry one is one thing. Calling the practice tacticool on a duty gun is pure ignorance and kind of astonishing that some one with as much experience as you claim doesn't see that. That's one place that it should be mandatory.
View Quote
This guy is trying really hard to sell himself as some sort of high round count expert but some of the things he says are just beyond dumb.

I think the OP has decided on the 92FS which is a great choice. Nothing wrong with the P220, I had a P220 Combat years ago. It was a good gun but I didn't like it enough to keep it. This was pre-SRT triggers though, about 10 years ago. Had it had the SRT trigger, I probably would have kept it was accurate.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This guy is trying really hard to sell himself as some sort of high round count expert but some of the things he says are just beyond dumb.
View Quote
Says the guy who's very first sentence towards me is patently FALSE

Says the guy who made a number of other false statements

Says the guy slinging ad hominem yet has not factually refuted a single point

Says the guy who has made several false assertions about what I've actually stated

Says the guy who asserts a slew of unrelated (to topic) items are 'necessary' in an attempt to justify his own opinion

Says the guy who's clearly upset that I factually corrected your initial false assertion, I could correct more but I sense this thread is doomed as you've decided to make things personal

Since you've decided to make it personal, I'm done responding to you
If this thread somehow manages to remain unlocked...and you chose to not be so uptight, I'll gladly continue a fact based conversation

I further extend my invitation to you to come out and shoot some drills, on camera
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I further extend my invitation to you to come out and shoot some drills, on camera
View Quote
Can I play?

And some 1911 action to show I'm not a heathen

I can't wait to see your videos and hear what weight recoil spring the Brig uses.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Technically I used the term 'tacticrap'
But that was solely in response to the asserted list of 'must haves' being asserted by the person I was responding to.

Sure weapon lights have their advantage, I did not state otherwise.
Let's be clear about that.

But they also have some negatives that cannot be ignored.
And as I clearly stated I have no desire/need to use one, a personal choice.

Our dept (of approx 1k) allows for their use, and said use is largely spilt thusly:
Those who have them mounted 24/7, about a quarter
Those who leave them off until they see a need, another quarter
Those who do not use them at all, the remains half
(roughly)

When the big push for weapon lights started years ago, we noticed a negative impact during qualifications, and I've yet to see much of an improvement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Says the guy who's very first sentence towards me is patently FALSE

Says the guy who made a number of other false statements

Says the guy slinging ad hominem yet has not factually refuted a single point

Says the guy who has made several false assertions about what I've actually stated

Says the guy who asserts a slew of unrelated (to topic) items are 'necessary' in an attempt to justify his own opinion

Says the guy who's clearly upset that I factually corrected your initial false assertion, I could correct more but I sense this thread is doomed as you've decided to make things personal

Since you've decided to make it personal, I'm done responding to you
If this thread somehow manages to remain unlocked...and you chose to not be so uptight, I'll gladly continue a fact based conversation

View Quote
You haven't posted any facts in this thread. Just nonsense. Rails are tacticool, the Vertec isn't popular, that you have enough rounds through a gun to have broken several locking blocks on a Brig. If you have in fact broken several locking blocks in your Brig as you claim, you either don't know how to maintain your gun, or you have the absolute worst luck of any Beretta owner.

This is the technical section, this conversation is relative to the OPs question about the 92 series guns as locking blocks are considered by some to be the weak point of the 92 design. This conversation is relevant to this discussion especially if these locking blocks are coming out of a 92 Brigadier, a gun specifically designed to mitigate locking block failures and slide cracking in high round count guns. Let's see this warlock. Post it up. I'm very intrested.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Such as?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Technically I used the term 'tacticrap'
But that was solely in response to the asserted list of 'must haves' being asserted by the person I was responding to.

Sure weapon lights have their advantage, I did not state otherwise.
Let's be clear about that.

And as I clearly stated I have no desire/need to use one, a personal choice.

Our dept (of approx 1k) allows for their use, and said use is largely spilt thusly:
Those who have them mounted 24/7, about a quarter
Those who leave them off until they see a need, another quarter
Those who do not use them at all, the other
View Quote
What negatives? Except for concealment of course(possible but less comfortable). Is it a negative to have more options? I still carry a handheld regardless if I have a wml or not.

I guess not know how to properly employ them is a negative but is easily cleared up with some training. But the same goes with handheld lights. Moreso even. Manipulation of mags, cuffs, radios, with a gun in one hand is much harder with a handheld light.

By calling something tacticrap you are saying they don't have value. Let's be clear about that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
By calling something tacticrap you are saying they don't have value. Let's be clear about that.
View Quote
Exactly. He started down this road when it was pointed out the value you get buying an M9A3 over buying a Brig. Cost wise they are not far off on price. As another poster pointed out a list of improvments the M9A3 has over others in the 92 series. This started all this fudd talk from this guy. I get not "needing" or even wanting some of these changes but to call something like a rail tacticrap or whatever is just dumb. Having options is dumb apparently. Beveled magmag wells? Dumb. Rail? Dumb. Front and back strap checkering? Dumb. The point is all of these things are value added, they are improvments that do not detract from the gun or the users ability to perform. How someone spins that into a negative is beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oops missed your post...
I have no clue what weight it uses, same as the standard one for all I know. I just order parts with the exception of the D spring which I did start using ages ago after getting an actual 92D and noting the improved difference.

Same for everything else with the exception of aftermarket sights, all stock parts. I've never found a need to change anything else as I've never found anything that made a practical improvement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oops missed your post...
I have no clue what weight it uses, same as the standard one for all I know. I just order parts with the exception of the D spring which I did start using ages ago after getting an actual 92D and noting the improved difference.

Same for everything else with the exception of aftermarket sights, all stock parts. I've never found a need to change anything else as I've never found anything that made a practical improvement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops missed your post...

Then why do you keep saying the Brig spring makes a difference? You've said it twice. I wasn't actually trying to nitpick. I was curious. I typically use heavier recoil springs in everything anyways.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oops missed your post...
I have no clue what weight it uses, same as the standard one for all I know.
View Quote
So let me make sure I understand this, you have a Brig that you have fired so much that you broke several locking blocks and yet you don't know the spring weight of your Brigadier? Seems plausible.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Then why do you keep saying the Brig spring makes a difference? You've said it twice. I wasn't actually trying to nitpick. I was curious. I typically use heavier recoil springs in everything anyways.
View Quote
He has said that a few times. I missed it. I use the WC bullet proof flat wire spring kit in my M9A1 compact, 92A1 and 92 Vertec. Excellent springs. The shock buffers have been reliable in the 92 Vertec and 92A1 but I had to pull the one of out my M9A1 compact because it was causing malfunctions. The fluted guide rod is nice because it helps retain lubrication on the guide rod.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-92_96/products/465/2/0
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What negatives? Except for concealment of course(possible but less comfortable). Is it a negative to have more options? I still carry a handheld regardless if I have a wml or not.

I guess not know how to properly employ them is a negative but is easily cleared up with some training. But the same goes with handheld lights. Moreso even. Manipulation of mags, cuffs, radios, with a gun in one hand is much harder with a handheld light.

By calling something tacticrap you are saying they don't have value. . Let's be clear about that.
View Quote
Ahh no I stated no such thing, you are simply projecting your own opinion upon my opinion.

As for disadvantages, one is that people (being human) start to use their weapon as a flashlight. We've had a number of officers reprimanded for pointing their pistol at places they shouldn't be simply because they wanted light and it was easier/instinctive. We have also had a few negligent discharges due to officers not being proficient.

Yes one can argue that such things are training issues, but as I stated above they are issues that cannot be ignored. You can also add in vastly reduced holster selection as well as some other issues. Me personally, my scores tend to go down when using a weapon light, I've also known others that had the same results.

The only real advantage I've ever found with using one is the ability to fully free up one hand, but in not using one I've never found it to be particularly limiting either. Use whatever you like, but I will never let the lack of a rail be limiting factor.

Oh how I enjoy using the term tacti-crap, it lets me know who's man panties are easily bunched.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He has said that a few times. I missed it. I use the WC bullet proof flat wire spring kit in my M9A1 compact, 92A1 and 92 Vertec. Excellent springs. The shock buffers have been reliable in the 92 Vertec and 92A1 but I had to pull the one of out my M9A1 compact because it was causing malfunctions. The fluted guide rod is nice because it helps retain lubrication on the guide rod.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use the flatwire kit sans buffer in my compact as well. I was going through recoil springs every 2k RDS before that.

I just use either 14 or 16# springs in my FS. I'll probably switch out to flatwire next time I place an order.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Um no, that is not what I said...
I said "the heavier slide and Brig spring" makes a difference.
Do they somehow not work in conjunction with each other?

(BTW, I see my new best bud is madly posting away, has agreed to come meet me yet and do some shooting drills on camera?)
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ahh no I stated no such thing, you are simply projecting your own opinion upon my opinion.

As for disadvantages, one is that people (being human) start to use their weapon as a flashlight. We've had a number of officers reprimanded for pointing their pistol at places they shouldn't be simply because they wanted light and it was easier/instinctive. We have also had a few negligent discharges due to officers not being proficient.

Yes one can argue that such things are training issues, but as I stated above they are issues that cannot be ignored. You can also add in vastly reduced holster selection as well as some other issues. Me personally, my scores tend to go down when using a weapon light, I've also known others that had the same results.

The only real advantage I've ever found with using one is the ability to fully free up one hand, but in not using one I've never found it to be particularly limiting either. Use whatever you like, but I will never let the lack of a rail be limiting factor.

Oh how I enjoy using the term tacti-crap, it lets me know who's man panties are easily bunched.
View Quote
Do you usually use the term crap to imply something has worth? Your posts here seem to lead me believe you don't actually talk to people very much.

I think there are more holsters available for guns with wml than for the brigadier.

So your co-workers point their guns at something and you blame the wml? That's some solid logic.

Nearly everyone shoots better with a wml. It adds a little weight, kinda like your much vaunted Brig slide. Your the only person I've heard of shoot worse.

Still waiting on your videos. I thought you were going to school us.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

How would anyone know? You can't tell us what spring weight you use. A 13lb spring probably not so much.

There isn't anything call a Brig spring. Someone whose been through 5-6 locking blocks might know that

Eta
Quoted:
(BTW, I see my new best bud is madly posting away, has agreed to come meet me yet and do some shooting drills on camera?)
Madly posting? We have an equal number of posts on this page.

Meet you where? Which state?

At least post some videos. You may be so good I might actually want to go to learn
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

-The vertec wrap around grips are not the same, similar, but not the same.

-The 'standard' vertec grips are of no use to as I do not have little baby hands

-Thus I have no need for grip 'flexibility' as it is detrimental to training/skills to fart around changing things (and for what reason exactly). Ive found that those shooting the vertec framed guns tend to not be consistent be they new or experienced. Im not even close to being the only one who has noted this, the standard 92 grip is superior.

-I have never found a need for strap checkering using the standard wrap around grips and rear strap serrations

-I have zero need/desire to suppress my duty pistol

-I have no need for an extended mag release (Ive found them to be a hazard)

-I have no need for the G mod

-I do use D springs and pay $3/ea

-I have 92's and Brigs that were originally made with both the all metal parts and the newer plastic coated parts (they are not simply plastic) and have found zero difference in their performance and durability. Same for the newer style of guide rod. This spread out over 3 decades of shooting multiple 5-figure round counts.

-Even if I had a desire to spend money on any of the above items...the Brig is still the superior shooting pistol. The heavier slide and Brig spring gives it an entirely different feel all while still having the same 'lock time'.

-My duty Brigs with night sights cost far less than the M9s and simply are superior shooters. Ill also gladly go round for round with anyone, using duty loads.

-There is nothing the WC Brigs do that my 92G-SD's don't, and they cost less than the WC, and are still superior shooters to the M9A1. But that is irrelevant to my original point as well as that of the OP.

View Quote
This quote here seems to suggest there is some sort of special Brig spring.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you usually use the term crap to imply something has worth? Your posts here seem to lead me believe you don't actually talk to people very much.

I think there are more holsters available for guns with wml than for the brigadier.

So your co-workers point their guns at something and you blame the wml? That's some solid logic.

Nearly everyone shoots better with a wml. It adds a little weight, kinda like your much vaunted Brig slide. Your the only person I've heard of shoot worse.

Still waiting on your videos. I thought you were going to school us.
View Quote
My M9 with the Surefire P116 mounted is my best shooting Beretta. That big ass light soaks up recoil and muzzle rise to the point there almost isn't any to be felt even with hot +P loads.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you usually use the term crap to imply something has worth?
Do you usually project your 'feels' upon the statements of others?  

Your posts here seem to lead me believe you don't actually talk to people very much.
Your preceding ad hominem leads me to know that you...well, you get the point

Well duh, there dozens of other duty guns besides the Brig  

I did? Funny how don't see that anywhere above.  

It also adds weight and bulk that slows the draw, as well as time to manipulate the switch (most folks don't seem to use pads)  

Still waiting on your videos.
Im still waiting on Capt Butthurt to come for a visit, he's still invited  

I thought you were going to school us.
No, your just projecting  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How would anyone know? You can't tell us what spring weight you use. A 13lb spring probably not so much.

There isn't anything call a Brig spring. Someone whose been through 5-6 locking blocks might know that

Eta

At least post some videos. You may be so good I might actually want to go to learn
View Quote
I was referring to Capt Butthurt and his oh so pretty guns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Eta

View Quote
I think he is passively aggressively talking about me. However he still hasn't posted up pics of this high round count, locking block cracking Brig. Something that is easily done in a matter of minutes vs his "cash me ouside, how bow dat" offer to come have some sort of session where he is going to school me. Not sure how well he thinks that will go, he doesn't even know the spring weight of a gun he claims to have five figures worth of rounds through. I think at this point he is just mad I told him I don't believe him.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.Do you usually use the term crap to imply something has worth?
Do you usually project your 'feels' upon the statements of others?  

2 Your posts here seem to lead me believe you don't actually talk to people very much.
Your preceding ad hominem leads me to know that you...well, you get the point

3 I think there are more holsters available for guns with wml than for the brigadier.
Well duh, there dozens of other duty guns besides the Brig  

4 So your co-workers point their guns at something and you blame the wml? That's some solid logic.
I did? Funny how don't see that anywhere above.  

5 Nearly everyone shoots better with a wml. It adds a little weight, kinda like your much vaunted Brig slide. Your the only person I've heard of shoot worse.
It also adds weight and bulk that slows the draw, as well as time to manipulate the switch (most folks don't seem to use pads)  

6 Still waiting on your videos.
Im still waiting on Capt Butthurt to come for a visit, he's still invited  

7 I thought you were going to school us.
No, your just projecting  
1. No answer?

2. That's not an ad hominem. I was actually asking a question

3. But you just said holster selection was limited? Now there's more than the Brig that you previously said had plenty?

4. Yes. You did. You said "We've had a number of officers reprimanded for pointing their pistol at places they shouldn't be simply because they wanted light and it was easier/instinctive. We have also had a few negligent discharges due to officers not being proficient"

5. Yes, it does ad weight and bulk, like the Brig slide. Yes it takes time to manipulate the switch. So does a handheld.

6. Nice, name calling. Where am I invited to?

7.  That's not what projecting means.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta

So quote him. Being passive aggressiveness gets confusing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks. I love my pretty Berettas. They shoot nice. I even know what springs they use.

I even have the hard to find holsters for my WML Beretta's, including duty holsters. CRAZY!

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think he is passively aggressively talking about me. However he still hasn't posted up pics of this high round count, locking block cracking Brig. Something that is easily done in a matter of minutes vs his "cash me ouside, how bow dat" offer to come have some sort of session where he is going to school me. Not sure how well he thinks that will go, he doesn't even know the spring weight of a gun he claims to have five figures worth of rounds through. I think at this point he is just mad I told him I don't believe him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta

Apparently you're invited to a place that he won't disclose. I guess I'm not invited.

This thread has gone way off track but has been amusing. My grass is still wet and mowing the lawn is my first job for today. I've got a little more time
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Apparently you're invited to a place that he won't disclose. I guess I'm not invited.

This thread has gone way off track but has been amusing. My grass is still wet and mowing the lawn is my first job for today. I've got a little more time
View Quote
This thread has gone off track but I would argue there is some solid info in these posts as well. I am about to wake up the wife and go get a late breakfast. All this derp has made me hungry.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Purse fight aside, you guys are really making me want to take a few Berettas to the range today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#37]
All anyone can give you is personal opinion based on their preferences. It isn't like one of these guns is absolutely better than the other because that simply isn't the case.

Over the years I've tried to like Sigs. I've bought brand new a Sig 220, a 228, a 229 and most recently a P320 striker fired one. I have also bought three Beretta 92s.  One is Italian made from the early 90's, one is American made from a couple years later and one is the very fine 92 Brigadier Elite II.

I still have all three Berettas. Last month I sold the last of the Sigs, the P320. I had it for about 18 months and shot the whiz out of it, but could never warm up to it like the Berettas.

Can I say the Beretta design is better than Sig or that it's better made? No.

But experience has shown that it is better for me. Personal preference.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I even have the hard to find holsters for my WML Beretta's, including duty holsters. CRAZY!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-2897-212400.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/IMG-2895-212398.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

You to huh? We must have the only 3
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

-There is nothing the WC Brigs do that my 92G-SD's don't, and they cost less than the WC, and are still superior shooters to the M9A1. But that is irrelevant to my original point as well as that of the OP.

View Quote
I'd wager that the trigger on my BrigTac is superior to your 92G-SD.  Of course, I paid for the action tune.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'd wager that the trigger on my BrigTac is superior to your 92G-SD.  Of course, I paid for the action tune.  
View Quote
I'm sure it is. He is still busy trying to figure out what kind of special recoil spring his Brig has, he better figure it out soon before he breaks another locking block.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm sure it is. He is still busy trying to figure out what kind of special recoil spring his Brig has, he better figure it out soon before he breaks another locking block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no intention of getting into the middle of the purse swinging in this thread....but I just LOL'ed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I have the m9A3 and like it a lot. If you want the sig and are happy with 9mm, I love my mk25. i have 17 pistols right now, many are HK & Sig and it is my favorite of all my pistols
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I own Sig Elites and Berettas, Beretta EVERY day of the week!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I own Sig Elites and Berettas, Beretta EVERY day of the week!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Update: I now have the Beretta. I ended up selling the SIG to a friend. Although I always thought the SIG was a very nice pistol, it just sat in the safe unused far too much. I have a feeling the Beretta will be brought to almost every range trip. It is cheaper to shoot and leaves my brass in a nice pile by my right foot for reloading.

I have about 300 rounds through the Beretta. It shoots very nice. It is one of my most accurate pistols and soft shooting. I was able to put 9 out of 10 rounds into the 2.5" 9-ring on my target at 20 yards. The 10th round just barely missed the 9-ring.

I put the D spring in it and have a Wilson low-profile safety coming in the mail. I also just received the Beretta .22LR conversion kit on sale for about $250 shipped after the Memorial day sale discount. I might get a chance to test out the conversion kit tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#48]
You did well. The Beretta 92FS/M9 is IMHO the finest overall handgun ever produced. I have lots of other pistols, to include Sig, Glock, Smith and Wesson and a multitude of others. I've also at one time or another owned various offerings from many of the other major manufacturers. Out of them all, the Beretta would be the last pistol I would part with.

The funny thing about my love for the 92FS/M9 is the fact that I avoided them for years based on all the "stories" out there about their supposed unreliability and lack of durability. Then I actually did some research and discovered that most of those stories came about as a result of soldiers using worn out weapons fed from crappy USGI contract magazines. So then I finally went and bought one and it was one of my best firearms purchasing decisions. I LOVE these pistols. And I would bet many of the troops who developed a dislike of the M9 would feel differently had their pistols undergone some basic, routine maintenance and been issued with quality magazines.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top