BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
O and on PF I guess there's a beretta rep. He says the APX is shipped with a lot of packing grease. Pull the chassis out and clean it. (Spraying it down with gun scrubber probably works perfect) and it'll greatly improve the trigger.
View Quote
Makes sense. My Nano's trigger was pretty until I cleaned it when I swapped the chassis into another frame.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot an APX today the trigger is not bad little different than what I am used too and a bit heavy but breaks clean and the reset kind of reminds me of an Sig SRT.  I wish the reach on the trigger was longer it seems really short for my big hands this pistol would be good for a small handed person.  The slide serrations are pretty good I can grip it anywhere.  Stock sights are Meh and not a fan of the trigger shoe.  Accuracy at first was meh but after a few magazines I closed them down once I adjusted to the break of the trigger.  I was able to shoot a baseball size group at ~20-25m.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shot an APX today the trigger is not bad little different than what I am used too and a bit heavy but breaks clean and the reset kind of reminds me of an Sig SRT.  I wish the reach on the trigger was longer it seems really short for my big hands this pistol would be good for a small handed person.  The slide serrations are pretty good I can grip it anywhere.  Stock sights are Meh and not a fan of the trigger shoe.  Accuracy at first was meh but after a few magazines I closed them down once I adjusted to the break of the trigger.  I was able to shoot a baseball size group at ~20-25m.
View Quote
Nice. Did you try it with the large size back strap? My M&P 2.0 had a very small feeling grip and I have smallish hands and installing the med-large grip made a huge impact on how the gun shot and felt. That might solve that small grip issue. I am really excited to try the Apex Tactical APX trigger.

Nice review.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have dry fired an APX just 2 days ago.  I found the grip was one of the better ones I've tried (PPQ best and VP9 runner up)Hated the overall look and design originally months ago but have come to appreciate it's unique looks, and the slide serrations I really like. What really was a downer for me is the trigger safety dingus. It sticks out pretty far, feels cheap, and if you put any pressure to the side as you pull back on the trigger it starts to hang up and catch on something, to the point of stopping the trigger pull. It really makes it questionable under any stressful engagement. A straight back pull was fine tho.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Although the trigger didn't lock up, I could feel the trigger safety dragging when I dry fired an APX last week.

The safety did lock the trigger several times on the P10c I fired however.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Although the trigger didn't lock up, I could feel the trigger safety dragging when I dry fired an APX last week.

The safety did lock the trigger several times on the P10c I fired however.
View Quote
Keep in mind when you dry fire a new gun at a gun store it hasn't been cleaned and lubricated yet. Beretta puts a preservative on their guns from the factory. A good gun store will pull a gun apart, clean it and lube it properly before putting it on display however my experience has been that very few do. So when I dry fire a gun at the gun store I take what I am feeling with the understanding that it will improve a little once all the new gun juice is removed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

I like mine and shoot it well. I've noticed that some shooters don't shoot it as accurate as I do. But I think it has to do with trigger control. It has a different trigger than most guns and it takes discipline to be accurate with it. It shoots very flat and shoots tight control pairs. Controls are easy to reach and use. Overall I'm very happy with it and can't wait for the aftermarket to take on making parts for it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice. Did you try it with the large size back strap? My M&P 2.0 had a very small feeling grip and I have smallish hands and installing the med-large grip made a huge impact on how the gun shot and felt. That might solve that small grip issue. I am really excited to try the Apex Tactical APX trigger.

Nice review.
View Quote
I did not change any of the grips it was taken out of the box and shot as is.  So whatever grip is on stock was what I shot it with.  It was my friends new pistol he actually seemed to hate it he has always been a HK guy and loves his P30 but bought this on a whim.  I foresee him honestly trading it in and getting another VP9 or the VP9SK.  He really complained a lot about the striker block protruding from the slide and to me it did not bother me while shooting or did I even notice it but it really is an eye sore and confuses me why Beretta would think that was a good idea.  Honestly the thing I liked most was the slide serrations how it gave grip the length of the slide.  I did not try it with very sweaty hands because it was just not hot enough outside yet.  I think the trigger would be better if they would drop about a 1.5-2#'s off because the one we had was about 6.5-7# break.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did not change any of the grips it was taken out of the box and shot as is.  So whatever grip is on stock was what I shot it with.  It was my friends new pistol he actually seemed to hate it he has always been a HK guy and loves his P30 but bought this on a whim.  I foresee him honestly trading it in and getting another VP9 or the VP9SK.  He really complained a lot about the striker block protruding from the slide and to me it did not bother me while shooting or did I even notice it but it really is an eye sore and confuses me why Beretta would think that was a good idea.  Honestly the thing I liked most was the slide serrations how it gave grip the length of the slide.  I did not try it with very sweaty hands because it was just not hot enough outside yet.  I think the trigger would be better if they would drop about a 1.5-2#'s off because the one we had was about 6.5-7# break.
View Quote
The striker block location and operation is pretty standard for Beretta. They like to use similar designs across different firearms. I assume it saves them R&D costs. The only real problem I see with it is it makes it harder to mount a RDS on the slide. Beretta could have improved this pistols popularity out of the gate had they delivered it with the slide modified for an RDS from the factory. I also wish they had taken their sight design they used on the NANO and went that route on the APX. The sights on the NANO are the simplest sights I have ever changed. The only tool needed is an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The striker block location and operation is pretty standard for Beretta. They like to use similar designs across different firearms. I assume it saves them R&D costs. The only real problem I see with it is it makes it harder to mount a RDS on the slide. Beretta could have improved this pistols popularity out of the gate had they delivered it with the slide modified for an RDS from the factory. I also wish they had taken their sight design they used on the NANO and went that route on the APX. The sights on the NANO are the simplest sights I have ever changed. The only tool needed is an allen wrench.
View Quote
The striker block is an eye sore.  I am sure some company will come up with an aftermarket replacement part.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Are we going to see threaded barrel models?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Beretta sells threaded barrels for the APX on their website. A tactical model set up for an RDS, threaded barrel and suppressor height sights would be cool.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Beretta is not encroaching on any territory they are just late to the game after HK, Walther, S&W, Ruger, Sig, and list goes on.  They came to market with nothing really anymore innovative than any of the striker fired firearms.
View Quote
I feel the same way.  I kind of liked the Beretta, but I already have Glocks, got a PPQ for something new and maybe better, and I'm now at the point in life I'm not buying/collection everything that comes out so I'll pass.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i think the only negative things that are being said are from glock fanboys. They are mad big mother beretta is  encroaching on their striker fired territory and doing it better from the start. So they talk crap to help them sleep
View Quote
Then Glock fanboys are gonna have some sleepless nights with Beretta, CZ and FN jumping in the striker fire market.

I've had a few Glocks in the past and still have my G40, I think the gen 4s are an improvement over the gen 3s. Generally like their reputation for reliability which is why I don't do a lot of upgrades. But sometimes I feel Glock puts the cheapest trigger & sights on their guns expecting buyers to upgrade. So maybe your Glock with aftermarket sights, trigger & barrel is better than an out of the box M&P but you're comparing a $600 gun with $400 of upgrades to a stock $600 gun.

Competition improves the breed, and some of the most reputable names in guns are bringing out options so while it's gonna be damn near impossible to declare a winner, it's probably never been a better time to buy a striker.

I own a hammer fired Beretta, CZ and FN so I'm not sure who to root for. Or why my Canik TP9SA has a significantly better trigger than any of these other brands even my Walther PPS.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Beretta sells threaded barrels for the APX on their website. A tactical model set up for an RDS, threaded barrel and suppressor height sights would be cool.
View Quote
They do, $219 and out of stock at the moment.  About half the price of a new APX.  Hopefully they offer a threaded barrel model in the future.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then Glock fanboys are gonna have some sleepless nights with Beretta, CZ and FN jumping in the striker fire market.

I've had a few Glocks in the past and still have my G40, I think the gen 4s are an improvement over the gen 3s. Generally like their reputation for reliability which is why I don't do a lot of upgrades. But sometimes I feel Glock puts the cheapest trigger & sights on their guns expecting buyers to upgrade. So maybe your Glock with aftermarket sights, trigger & barrel is better than an out of the box M&P but you're comparing a $600 gun with $400 of upgrades to a stock $600 gun.

Competition improves the breed, and some of the most reputable names in guns are bringing out options so while it's gonna be damn near impossible to declare a winner, it's probably never been a better time to buy a striker.

I own a hammer fired Beretta, CZ and FN so I'm not sure who to root for. Or why my Canik TP9SA has a significantly better trigger than any of these other brands even my Walther PPS.
View Quote
Why because we will be able to buy up the used Glocks when people sell them off to buy something different dirt cheap?  Or we will bask in the availability of so many good options in pistols that we can purchase and build huge collections of different handguns?  I am a Glock fanboy but I am also a 1911, CZ, and Sig fanboy as well.  If I like a pistol I will buy it and add it to my collection but it has to understand it will probably get beat up in the safe by the 15 Glocks.  Right now I am torn if I want a CZ P-09 or P-07 or possibly a P-10c(I would rather wait for a full size P10 though) but I have not handled a P10 yet.  I do not understand why some think Glock fanboys have a problem with more options being released if anything it has driven Glock to start down a path of upgrading the stagnant design and start innovating and improving it.  Granted they will do the classic Glock thing and release first a serrated slide, then a serrated MOS, then finally the M and once everyone is on board with the M then they will release a Gen5.  We already know they are going to pull a G42 style release and once everyone bought the G42 they released the G43.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top