Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2017 10:06:33 AM EDT
Just picked up a 10mm TNW ASR and really like it, now I'm wanting to get my feet wet in a 10mm handgun.

Still debating on whether to swap/convert my Glock 21 to 10mm but so far that's my best option. Don't care if I can share mags with the ASR or not.

Colt Delta 10mm & Sig are nice options but out of my price range. RIA 10mm 1911 is a solid option but I've already got a few 1911s. I've had good luck with RIAs in .45 and 9mm but a friend had a 10mm Tac II years ago that had multiple issues and had to go back to the factory for work and still wasn't 100% reliable.

EAA Witness 10mm is a gun I've been interested in for a while and is on the list of possibilities. Price is attractive but I'm wondering how it will compare to my CZ 97B which is a joy to shoot.

Am I missing anything? Is Glock the only 'modern' polymer option in 10mm?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked up a 10mm TNW ASR and really like it, now I'm wanting to get my feet wet in a 10mm handgun.

Still debating on whether to swap/convert my Glock 21 to 10mm but so far that's my best option. Don't care if I can share mags with the ASR or not.

Colt Delta 10mm & Sig are nice options but out of my price range. RIA 10mm 1911 is a solid option but I've already got a few 1911s. I've had good luck with RIAs in .45 and 9mm but a friend had a 10mm Tac II years ago that had multiple issues and had to go back to the factory for work and still wasn't 100% reliable.

EAA Witness 10mm is a gun I've been interested in for a while and is on the list of possibilities. Price is attractive but I'm wondering how it will compare to my CZ 97B which is a joy to shoot.

View Quote

Glock 40

or Glock 20

/thread
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
My understanding is that the higher end  EAA guns in 10mm are pretty good, but stay away from the bottom end model due to slide cracking issues.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glock 40

or Glock 20

/thread
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
That's not the first time I've heard that about the EAA Witness 10mms.  Although the guy that runs my favorite LGS says the same about Delta Elite 10mms, and he owns one.

I'm surprised that as long as Glock has sold the G20 that there's no M&P or XDM in 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's not the first time I've heard that about the EAA Witness 10mms.  Although the guy that runs my favorite LGS says the same about Delta Elite 10mms, and he owns one.

I'm surprised that as long as Glock has sold the G20 that there's no M&P or XDM in 10mm.
View Quote
Springfield has said that a 10mm XDM is in the works.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL who is going to buy it now.  SA shot themselves in the feet with their shenanigans in IL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i will be all over that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
EAA has beefed up the slide on the 10mm. I have one of the basic Witness Wonder finish models, paid a little over 400 for it, and have been extremely pleased with it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL who is going to buy it now.  SA shot themselves in the feet with their shenanigans in IL.
View Quote
I've always been a fan of the original XD . . . never again.  And I mean NEVER again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock 20 best 10MM.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 40

or Glock 20

/thread
This
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#12]
G20!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Glock 40

or Glock 20

/thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 40

or Glock 20

/thread
Or Glock 29.   
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Glock 20SF with a Ghost rocket trigger upgrade will be in your price range and the Mags are inexpensive. If you hand load Try Hodgdon Longshot or 800x . if you want to shoot cast lead get a KKM barrel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]
20SF.

Trijicon HDs.

Done.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#16]
$700 got me two 10mm Pistols.

Pre SF frames too. I paid $400 for the G20 and $300 for the G29. 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Keep in mind the Glock 21 slide is lighter than the Glock 20 in 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I absolutely detest Glocks and most any plastic pistols. For your meager price range it sounds like "you" are stuck with a Glock 20. For me, even when I made a lot less money, I wouldn't settle for less. Back in those days I made minimum wage and a decent gun like a Colt Government model 1911 .45 ACP would cost about $500 (many years ago). Rather than get something cheap like a Star or Llama .45 ACP, I'd just wait and keep saving until I could buy a decent gun like the Colt. At one time (back then) I saved and bought a NIB Colt Python for about $600.00 (wish I had never sold it). Take my advice (from over 30 years of buying/selling/collecting guns) and don't cheap out. Just be patient and keep saving until you can afford a decent gun. When you finally take that step and buy something really good you will kick yourself for compromising and buying the crap that was affordable for all those years of ignorant bliss.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I absolutely detest Glocks and most any plastic pistols. For your meager price range it sounds like "you" are stuck with a Glock 20. For me, even when I made a lot less money, I wouldn't settle for less. Back in those days I made minimum wage and a decent gun like a Colt Government model 1911 .45 ACP would cost about $500 (many years ago). Rather than get something cheap like a Star or Llama .45 ACP, I'd just wait and keep saving until I could buy a decent gun like the Colt. At one time (back then) I saved and bought a NIB Colt Python for about $600.00 (wish I had never sold it). Take my advice (from over 30 years of buying/selling/collecting guns) and don't cheap out. Just be patient and keep saving until you can afford a decent gun. When you finally take that step and buy something really good you will kick yourself for compromising and buying the crap that was affordable for all those years of ignorant bliss.
View Quote
There is nothing wrong with a Glock 20.  They're one of the best 10mm pistols on the market.  Now if you don't like Glocks that's a different issue.  Don't buy them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Slovaks make the Grandpower in 10mm. Very nice pistol for a price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd buy one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd buy one.
Not after what they pulled in Illinois
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd buy one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd buy one.
Springfield Armory and Rock River Armory are dead to me after what they did in IL.   I hope they go bankrupt and someone who will support our rights takes over the shell and rebuilds it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with a Glock 20.  They're one of the best 10mm pistols on the market.  Now if you don't like Glocks that's a different issue.  Don't buy them.
View Quote
Until you have shot a Glock with the Ghost rocker trigger , you don't know how nice they are . The factory trigger just plain sucks . Even stock the Glock has a better trigger than the S&W M&P . I have a Glock 21 in 460 Rowland that is a real thumper.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a Rock Island 10mm that I got on gunbroker for sub - $500.  I had dovetails cut in the slide, added upgraded sights and had it cerakoted, and I'm still under $700.  Awesome pistol.  Built like a tank, runs like a scalded ape, and has a great trigger.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
EAA has beefed up the slide on the 10mm. I have one of the basic Witness Wonder finish models, paid a little over 400 for it, and have been extremely pleased with it.
View Quote
I have a newer one also.[2015]
Has the full profile slide,really pleasant to shoot
with full house loads.Let a friend shoot it, and he wants one now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I really like my Glock 20 so far. I'm about to take it to the range here in a little bit.  I wouldn't be opposed to owning a 1911 in 10mm,  but the Glock just seems like it would be much more at home in the outdoors which is primarily why I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Springfield Armory and Rock River Armory are dead to me after what they did in IL.
View Quote
I don't live on the internet...can some point me to what they did?

Oh & Glock 20, or convert the G21.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Love my G20, the only thing I would want is to upgrade my Gen 3 to a Gen 4 but still would not have a different platform in this caliber than Glock.   (built for 10mm from the ground up)
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I traded my G21 for a G40.
For a first 10mm pistol it seemed the best choice, and I still keep a Glock in the collection.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I traded my G21 for a G40.
For a first 10mm pistol it seemed the best choice, and I still keep a Glock in the collection.
View Quote
G40 MOS is likely my next Glock...  I don't see it outright replacing either of my 10mm Glocks, or any of my other 10mm pistols for that matter, but I'm wanting the 40MOS for an RMR bearing woods gun.

Budget 10mm's in my safe include:
RIA 1911... upgraded springs and firing pin stop and it's been rock solid.  I actually like it more than my Delta Elite.
EAA / Tanfoglio Witness steel... mines an early one 1999 import date (proper 'squared' slide though).  Again, upgraded springs.  Upgraded recoil spring guide rod.  Great gun.  I'd carry it daily if I could... it does get winter carry.
Glock 20sf... great gun.  Possibly the best of the Glock 10mm's for all around use... the G40 is arguably better in some regards, but the G20 can be CCW'd if you desire.  It's much easier to handle than the G29, but take more work to carry.
Glock 29... possibly my favorite Glock... just about Glock 19 sized so easy to conceal.  It's a handful to shoot though.  Still love it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Springfield Armory and Rock River Armory are dead to me after what they did in IL.

Google is your friend!  Here let me do it for you: Click here!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i will be all over that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i will be all over that.
As much as I would like to purchase a 10mm I wouldn't dare give a penny to SA or RRA! With that I'm thinking really hard about buying a .45 P320 and getti g a .40 conversion kit. I could have  the chamber finished to 10mm specs, get a stronger recoil spring, the only concern is followers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#35]
If you can find a tanfoglio elite match in 10mm, that is the nicest gun for the money hands down.  They could charge twice as much.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
You should see how ridiculously nice the elite match, stock, limited etc models and variants are.  

The elite match is sAO with a rail, it's straight butter.  They are also typically less expensive than the others because SAO triggers are simpler than DA/SAS.

They are hand fitted guns, slide/frame like ball bearings. Trigger adjustable for travel.   LPA match adjustable rear sight.  OEM front sight is metal, I like to throw a Dawson fiber optic in.  

They are just on a whole different level than most guns, and most people don't know about them.

IMO they are nicer than most 1911's that cost 3x as much.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#37]
https://lucastactical.com/store/complete-slide-assemblies/

You could get a complete slide assembly. I think you'd need to change out the ejector assembly in the frame to the 10mm version. I honestly don't know if there is a difference between the 10mm and .45acp ejector assemblies though.....so I could be wrong about that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's possible to luck into a tanfoglio elite match in the 700's.  Depends on supply, they only make so many, as it is a semi-custom gun that takes a lot of man-hours.

It's a much better gun than a colt.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's possible to luck into a tanfoglio elite match in the 700's.  Depends on supply, they only make so many, as it is a semi-custom gun that takes a lot of man-hours.

It's a much better gun than a colt.
View Quote
I bought my Elite Match 10mm in 2010 for like $540 new. Price sure has gone up on them, I really regret selling it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top