Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone should have a 1911. 

As far as Glocks go, a plastic gun is a plastic gun. I'm too heavily invested and another plastic gun isn't going to offer any benefit so why bother. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Too expensive to convert to a new pistol.
I originally went the Glock route because different calibers and sizes all had an identical manual of arms.
Full sized 10MM when hiking to sub compact 9MM for CCW and everything in between.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
It would have to be a pretty revolutionary platform, something that really upsets the apple cart for  pistols. Otherwise, Glocks are good enough.

ETA I didn't mean to damn with faint praise. If I could only have 1 pistol, it would be a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much a Glock guy myself, but after handling the CZ P-10 I can definitely see myself temped by it.  It pretty much checks every box for what I look for in a good defensive pistol.  The only thing that I feel it is missing for my own personal want are the absence of N/S.  I have yet to shoot it but the ergos, trigger/trigger reset sights and grip texture all seem to be right on.  If the gun shoots as well as it feels CZ has hit the mark.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Why? Limited capacity, manual safety, old design...

MUCH better options out there. I honestly don't even know why someone would want a 1911 for anything but plinking
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I would stand in line for a Glock 1911.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I was never a Glock Guy.  A good friend purchased a Gen1 G19 years ago.  It shot fine but my cordless drill had a better trigger.  When I branched into striker fire pistols I gravitated to the M&P line and original XD platform (Springfield is now dead to me).  To me, the thing Glock really got right was the size of the 19/23 platform.  Just excellent for daily carry or CCW.  Well, 30 years down the road I finally bought my own G23.  The trigger is much improved and the size is still wonderful.  It has moved into a primary CCW spot for me.  But, the more I shoot it the more I am disappointed in the accuracy.  Granted, it's not a match gun, but I'm a pretty good shot and it's just not very accurate in my hands.  Long story short, I'm very interested in giving the CZ P10 a test drive as soon as I can get my hands on one. Also, if S&W would release a G19 size gun in the M&P 2.0 line I'd be thrilled.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was never a Glock Guy.  A good friend purchased a Gen1 G19 years ago.  It shot fine but my cordless drill had a better trigger.  When I branched into striker fire pistols I gravitated to the M&P line and original XD platform (Springfield is now dead to me).  To me, the thing Glock really got right was the size of the 19/23 platform.  Just excellent for daily carry or CCW.  Well, 30 years down the road I finally bought my own G23.  The trigger is much improved and the size is still wonderful.  It has moved into a primary CCW spot for me.  But, the more I shoot it the more I am disappointed in the accuracy.  Granted, it's not a match gun, but I'm a pretty good shot and it's just not very accurate in my hands.  Long story short, I'm very interested in giving the CZ P10 a test drive as soon as I can get my hands on one. Also, if S&W would release a G19 size gun in the M&P 2.0 line I'd be thrilled.
View Quote
I very strongly doubt he purchased a Gen1 19. If so that's worth thousands, literally.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MUCH better options out there. I honestly don't even know why someone would want a 1911 for anything but plinking
View Quote
Competition comes to mind.  I carry a Glock but the 1911 is a sweet pistol to shoot.  Hate all you want but a 1911 with a tuned trigger, and all the bells and whistles is pretty sweet.  I own 4 1911s but 15 Glocks with an expanding CZ and Sig collection.  If you do not like the 1911 that is fine that is the beauty of the gun industry there is always something to scratch someones itch.  Right now I want a P-07/09, MOS Glock, or Sig Legion P226 SAO (but I cannot stomach buying one new).
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're limited capacity, but a lot of us carry limited capacity guns.  One of my two most common carry guns is a Glock 43 which is basically the same capacity as most 1911s.  I'm a Glock guy for carry, but even my G19 which has one of the best triggers I've shot on a Glock is horrible compared to a good 1911 trigger and the 1911 may be an old design but they work well.  There are a lot of worse choices than a relatively thin accurate pistol with a great trigger.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I've tried them all, and am a big Glock fan but I recently sold my last one and for me its all CZ at this point.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The VP9 pulled me away from H&K P series and from carrying glock 19 and 17 as a duty gun.

Better accuracy, ergonomics, and trigger. And unlike the glocks no malfs as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If HK updates the USP 9 to include a pic rail...................
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Sig M-11.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing would, I have no complaints so no need to look elsewhere. I am not saying Glock is the best, they have covered my needs for 20years without issue so.....
View Quote
This. Since buying my first Glock, I've owned Sigs, Smiths HKs, Beretta, custom HiPower, etc. and I don't shoot or carry any as much as the Glock. I eventually sold everything that wasn't a Glock. The only handgun I own that's not a Glock or a .22 is a Kel-Tec P32 that I bought when they first came out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I very strongly doubt he purchased a Gen1 19. If so that's worth thousands, literally.
View Quote
Well, you can doubt it all you want, but you'd be WRONG.  He bought the Gen1 when it was just a Glock. Period.

I said "years ago".  Let me translate for you -- pre-1990.  So probably before you were born.  I apologize to the OP and the forum for getting upset, but KCode98, KMA
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock got me off Glocks after having two personal ones break.
This was after a neighboring agency found their issue Glocks were failing.

Never again
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]
What this recent?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The only thing that I feel it is missing for my own personal want are the absence of N/S.
View Quote
The P-10 used a P-07/-09 front sight base and a Shadow rear sight base.  So  N/S are certainly available.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The P-10 used a P-07/-09 front sight base and a Shadow rear sight base.  So  N/S are certainly available.
View Quote
Appreciate the heads up!  I will have to look into that.  I have heard that CZ was having some kind of issue with their own N/S for the P-10.  I guess I will either wait for the CZ factory N/S equipped pistol to ship or go the route that you have suggested.  Either way it is good to have options.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing so far. Plenty of them I like, buy and shoot. But my Glock 17 and 26 will remain in their current job roles. Both have thousands of trouble free rounds despite being beat on like no tomorrow. Not to say that others cannot do the same, because they obviously can and do. 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They're limited capacity, but a lot of us carry limited capacity guns.  One of my two most common carry guns is a Glock 43 which is basically the same capacity as most 1911s.  I'm a Glock guy for carry, but even my G19 which has one of the best triggers I've shot on a Glock is horrible compared to a good 1911 trigger and the 1911 may be an old design but they work well.  There are a lot of worse choices than a relatively thin accurate pistol with a great trigger.
View Quote
True, but the G43 is minuscule comparatively. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#24]

I would rather have a Hi-Point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I have different guns for different situations. 

For EDC guns I carry a GLOCK 19 Gen4 w/ X300U, an HK 45CT and most recently an HK P2000 9mm LEM.

If I'm in shorts I carry a GLOCK 43 with Trijicon HD's or a Smith M&P9 Shield 9mm

For matches it's the GLOCK 19 or a GLOCK 17.

Home defense anything but mostly my FN FNX-45 Tactical w/ X300U.

Point being I'm not a one guy gun. I like anything that I can buy that fills a need.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I like a lot of them, but the only thing that might even be in consideration to REPLACE my G23 would be a FNS.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Limited capacity and heavy is the only thing I can think of that would be a somewhat negative.
I like a thumb safety and would put one on the Glock if it were at all practical, but the design pretty much doesn't need one. The 1911 is a whole different story. The design is older, but tried and battle tested. Old isn't always out dated.
1911's are a nice shooting pistol and have a place in every enthusiasts collection. For EDC, there are other options that I would prefer.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#28]
From the reviews looks like I may be in for a CZ P10 C, although I am not sure what I would be looking for as Glock's just run.
Maybe its the fact that the CZ 75's that I have are so comfortable to shoot and the Glock not so much, even though they are not uncomfortable, aside from the trigger guard hitting my finger.
The fact remains that if you run out of ammo/mags in fire fight chances are that some one has a Glock mag to loan you, or one may be laying on the ground CZ not so much.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the Beretta M9 these days over Glock.

Second-strike capability.

I was offended initially when the Beretta bumped the 1911.
I've gotten over it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would stand in line for a Glock 1911.
View Quote
I saw one on the internets looked nice it was a .45 I am sure that they make a 9mm though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#31]
New production HK P7
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  I've got a 1911 sitting at home.  I've got a G43 I pocket carry a lot.   My point is that the limited capacity isn't that big a deal.  I can deal w/ 7+1 or 8 +1, but I 'd rather have 15 or 17 rounds which is why if I belt carry I go w/ a double stack 9 most of the time.  I can't fault someone who carries a 1911.  They tend to work well and are accurate.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Glock for me; price, reliability, durability.........I have been with them for 30 years now.........Like an old glove....
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe the CZ
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#35]
G31 and G33 are the next two in the stable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I shot a friend's VP9 and had to get one for myself.  I would also check out the m&p 2.0. I have a G19.4 and it's ok, but ergonomically i don't like it as much as the others, and it is the least reliable pistol that I have.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#37]
That's a good question. I have come back to Glock time and again after owning and carrying Sig, H&K, M&P.

I just don't know. I think I would feel confident carrying a good 1911 despite the limit on capacity.

I had heard good things about CZ, but I handled a CZ P-07 recently and didn't care for the trigger.

I used to own a P-30 that I loved. I traded it for an M&P and still regret that. The Sig P320 piqued my interest, but I fired a buddy's subcompact and didn't care for it as much as I thought I would.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I like the new Czech glock
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's a good question. I have come back to Glock time and again after owning and carrying Sig, H&K, M&P.

I just don't know. I think I would feel confident carrying a good 1911 despite the limit on capacity.

I had heard good things about CZ, but I handled a CZ P-07 recently and didn't care for the trigger.

I used to own a P-30 that I loved. I traded it for an M&P and still regret that. The Sig P320 piqued my interest, but I fired a buddy's subcompact and didn't care for it as much as I thought I would.
View Quote
I looked at a 320 the last time I bought a gun.    I went in for a 17 MOS or a 34 MOS.    The 320 was less, but came with less mags.  I'd have to start at zero for mags which is more cost and I'd have to buy new holsters.    Then I still have how simple Glocks are to strip and work on.    I stayed w/ Glock.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I rally like the caniks, like REALLY like them. My SA has been flawless. I really want an SF elite l. That very well may be The gun that overshadows my g19
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#41]
After spending the last year and a half at a large commercial gun range, and being responsible for range gun as well as customer gun maintenance and upgrades? Nothing.

I own other guns, and have shot countless others. Yes there are some very nice platforms out there that work well, but something that would make me switch? No.

I think it's just a combination of many things that make Glocks work for me. Easy to carry, easy to work on, reliable, accurate, unmatched aftermarket support, just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I love having brass pelt me in the fucking forehead when I shoot, therefore I love Glock!

All joking aside I'm down to one Glock, a G43 and I do really love it especially with the new connector. It doesn't hit me in the head with brass like my Austrian proofed 19.3 did. If S&W ever comes out with an M&P 10mm I'll buy it, if not I'll buy a Glock 20.4. I will say this, though - as soon as the 19M is available on the blue label program I'll drop the $398.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I was a die hard glock fan. Had a 27, 23, 22, 22c, 21, 20, and a 17. Extra barrels some threaded, some in 357 sig to shoot in the 40's, and even an Glock OEM 6" 10mm barrel.

One day... about 4 years ago... one of my friends walked up to me, handed me a gun rug, with a P220ST, and a stack of 8 rd and 10rd mags. The next day. . . at the range. I remember thinking... "The hell with glocks, this thing is badass, Not buying another glock again unless its a screaming deal or the come out with a slender frame 4.0 9mm or 45. Since that never happened... I haven't bought another glock, and have more sig's than glocks now. That P220ST I shot eventually made its way into my safe permanently. Then it was joined by the P220 ST Elite, P226 ST, P226 ST Elite, a duo tone P229 and a SP2022 (bad idea) and a P220 Carry. Need a P227 SAS and a P220 10mm now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#44]
My first handgun was a G19. It was a great gun in the sense that it was dead nuts reliable but it was like holding a 2x4 plus the bump on the bottom of the trigger guard. About a year later, I got a screaming deal on a P220. That was all she wrote. Despite being a full size, single stack .45, I preferred carrying the Sig over the Glock. Then I picked up a M11A1 just after Christmas. I've carried the M11A1 ever since. I'm strictly a Sig and CZ guy. In fact, I was just able to trade my Glock off for a River Blackhawk in .44 Magnum. The only thing that's drawing back to Glock now is the fact that they're the only brand that has a double stack 10 mm.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I rally like the caniks, like REALLY like them. My SA has been flawless. I really want an SF elite l. That very well may be The gun that overshadows my g19
View Quote
Been looking hard at the TP9SFx lately
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My first handgun was a G19. It was a great gun in the sense that it was dead nuts reliable but it was like holding a 2x4 plus the bump on the bottom of the trigger guard. About a year later, I got a screaming deal on a P220. That was all she wrote. Despite being a full size, single stack .45, I preferred carrying the Sig over the Glock. Then I picked up a M11A1 just after Christmas. I've carried the M11A1 ever since. I'm strictly a Sig and CZ guy. In fact, I was just able to trade my Glock off for a River Blackhawk in .44 Magnum. The only thing that's drawing back to Glock now is the fact that they're the only brand that has a double stack 10 mm.
View Quote
Tanfoglio makes a bunch of double stack 10mm
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#47]
A reliable gun with the simplicity and aftermarket support of Glock... and a better trigger.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#49]
If the CZ75 and variants had magazines at Glock prices plus the same mountain of aftermarket support I'd have them in my collection. As it stands I won't be buying any guns at all until I have a LOT more Glock mags and about a few thousand more rounds of ammo to feed the guns I have. I'll modify what I have but have no plans to buy another firearm soon.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#50]
This one did it.  Unreal.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top