Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That all makes complete sense.  But there are a lot of guys that carry J frames that have BTDT.  At least some of the time.  I do too but I admit I'm always thinking I should be carrying more.  I think it would help in a lot of situations.  But definitely not all situations.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your training resume look like?
Usually when I see people that feel undergunned when carrying a "real" gun like a compact 9mm (basically anything more than a LCP or J frame) it's more often a lack of confidence in their abilities more than a caliber or capacity deficiency.
The more training you get, especially multi-discipline handgun, knife, unarmed, combined FoF the less you worry about the hardware you carry.

I've been a handgun and CCW instructor a long time.
There's a pattern damn near everyone goes through when they start carrying.
The guys with a brand new freshly minted permit try to carry a full sized steel framed whatever for about a month. Then the realize that their back hurts, their pants sag and it's a pain in the ass to carry 5# of steel around all day.
So then they go to the next extreme and carry a LCP in their pocket. This phase may last months or years. Then they actually have or hear about an incident that makes them realize their LCP is a shit choice.
Finally they get some real training and go forth with a new attitude... and a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 and a Glock 43... 'cause one is none, two is one, three is mo 'betta. Then after a few months of that they realize, damn this shit is heavy and my life is too boring to carry all this crap around all day.
More training... maybe a BJJ or boxing class... best case scenario is a FoF class from a great instructor (Craig Douglas).
Now... you're an experienced CCW, with some solid fighting fundamentals and have a good idea of what goes on in your daily routine and what the threats look like.
You're also not hardware focused, you know there's a lot more to it than what gun you carry.
Most guys at this stage end up with a compact 9/40/45 with a capacity of 7-15, a decent accessible knife and a small light as their "hardware".
That phase should last you until you're too old to go outside anymore and you start carrying a shotgun on your lap in the wheelchair.
View Quote
I've been legally carrying concealed since 21, 12 years. Training in martial arts since I was 6. I have a few black belts(including training in Thailand and Oki) and was a varsity wrestler in Illinois. I'm a former Marine Infantryman, currently a pt firearm instructor and bouncer.

My first carry gun was a 1911 which lasted for years. Now I carry a m9a1 compact, or a 5" 1911, or a g19. I've only ever dabbled in smaller guns for specific uses like running.

Which stage is that?

I think most guys settle for easy guns out if complacency and a normalcy bias
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've been legally carrying concealed since 21, 12 years. Training in martial arts since I was 6. I have a few black belts(including training in Thailand and Oki) and was a varsity wrestler in Illinois. I'm a former Marine Infantryman, currently a pt firearm instructor and bouncer.

My first carry gun was a 1911 which lasted for years. Now I carry a m9a1 compact, or a 5" 1911, or a g19. I've only ever dabbled in smaller guns for specific uses like running.

Which stage is that?

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with a single-stack 9 because I am a Physician.
I have to wear Business Casual (slacks collared shirt, neck tie) to work, so carrying larger or heavier guns does not work for me.
I'm actually thinking about switching to an LC9, G42, or P938 as the XDs even feels a little large.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have to wear Business Casual (slacks collared shirt, neck tie) to work, so carrying larger or heavier guns does not work for me.
I'm actually thinking about switching to an LC9, G42, or P938 as the XDs even feels a little large.
View Quote
My biggest problem with working in a lock down unit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which stage is that?

So stage 87?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fwiw using a gun in any self defense situation is a statistical anomaly in of it's self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I often carry a j frame with one reload. If a situation presents this won't handle it is so outside the realm of a defensive scenario it is a statistical anomaly. If we wanted to be fully prepared for every scenario you would need to haul a wagon load of gear, and bring along an aed trauma kit and much more.
Fwiw using a gun in any self defense situation is a statistical anomaly in of it's self.
This is very true.

Considering any use of a handgun in self defense is a statistical anomaly.  Now consider the situation that concerns the OP, namely a mob that is not only aggressive but will also press the attack even after rounds are fired.  Now I think we are talking about an extreme statistical anomaly out of a field of already rare anomalies.

ETA: Not trying to be dismissive over anyone's personal choice in firearms.  Ultimately we are the one's carrying, so we should go with what each of us decide is appropriate.  My only point was the chance of attack by a mob requiring many rounds expended is going to be an extreme outlier, and I wouldn't use that as the sole basis in my decision.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I see that OP is in NM.
I routinely find myself in the shittiest parts of Albuquerque, Farmington and Espanola.
Including right in the middle of a Albuquerque communist/antifa/BLM/LaRaza "protest" (was actually a mob rules riot).
At no time did I think that my Walther PPS 7+1 was inadequate.
It takes some hard core, trained pipe hitters to press the fight when bullets start flying.
Those people are so rare that to come across a group of them would be like finding a herd of unicorns.

Train hard to be able to get one guy off of you physically, and have the ability to rapidly put rounds on two targets as you come out of that entanglement.
That's the kind of threat you're going to find outside of fighting religious zealots or trained military.

By far the biggest threat we face as CCW is having one guy entangled with us and his backup a few feet away.
Being able to control that entanglement, break out of it in a superior position and then rapidly engage two targets will carry you through 99.99% of the fights you might possibly face if you live an exciting life.

The 0.01% possibility... improvise that shit!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
It does seem like most accounts with multiple thieves, they flee when the rounds start flying.  And active shooters are typically 1 guy.  But that one in the 80's was 2 I think.  Was it the hollywood or the other one?  I forget.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It does seem like most accounts with multiple thieves, they flee when the rounds start flying.  And active shooters are typically 1 guy.  But that one in the 80's was 2 I think.  Was it the hollywood or the other one?  I forget.
View Quote
Columbine and San Bernardino to add to the list
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is very true.

Considering any use of a handgun in self defense is a statistical anomaly.  Now consider the situation that concerns the OP, namely a mob that is not only aggressive but will also press the attack even after rounds are fired.  Now I think we are talking about an extreme statistical anomaly out of a field of already rare anomalies.

ETA: Not trying to be dismissive over anyone's personal choice in firearms.  Ultimately we are the one's carrying, so we should go with what each of us decide is appropriate.  My only point was the chance of attack by a mob requiring many rounds expended is going to be an extreme outlier, and I wouldn't use that as the sole basis in my decision.
View Quote
If you're already willing to entertain that you may need a handgun at all then what's another .87%?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you're already willing to entertain that you may need a handgun at all then what's another .87%?
View Quote
Huh?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#13]
My xds is easy accurate and reliable and getting hit with it would be bad times.  Very bad.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Glock 19 with a 15 rounder and 17 rounder.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I see that OP is in NM.
I routinely find myself in the shittiest parts of Albuquerque, Farmington and Espanola.
Including right in the middle of a Albuquerque communist/antifa/BLM/LaRaza "protest" (was actually a mob rules riot).
At no time did I think that my Walther PPS 7+1 was inadequate.
It takes some hard core, trained pipe hitters to press the fight when bullets start flying.
Those people are so rare that to come across a group of them would be like finding a herd of unicorns.

Train hard to be able to get one guy off of you physically, and have the ability to rapidly put rounds on two targets as you come out of that entanglement.
That's the kind of threat you're going to find outside of fighting religious zealots or trained military.

By far the biggest threat we face as CCW is having one guy entangled with us and his backup a few feet away.
Being able to control that entanglement, break out of it in a superior position and then rapidly engage two targets will carry you through 99.99% of the fights you might possibly face if you live an exciting life.

The 0.01% possibility... improvise that shit!
View Quote
Nice post.  
I live in Albuquerque.
Any suggestions for physical / martial arts / fight training?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And to clarify, I don't ride the BART, nor do I live in CA (thank GOD!).
Was just thinking that with all the SJWs and Antifas around these days, a group attack against an individual may be a more frequent occurrence in the next few months.
View Quote
Personally, I don't plan for a large group to suddenly decide they have better places to be if I'm forced to use a firearm to defend myself against them, simply because that is the absolute worst case scenario I can imagine and thus I'm not going to "game it" and make it easier for me in my own mind to win... but having dealt with large groups of people like them, they're all massive pussies and typically only have balls in numbers. Those balls disappear when their homies start getting shot...
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nice post.  
I live in Albuquerque.
Any suggestions for physical / martial arts / fight training?
View Quote
There's a hell of a group of guys in Abq. that meet up monthly.
They also host classes by guys like Craig Douglas and Cecil Burch.
PM me and I'll put you in contact with them.

(btw: if you go to Cecil's web site... top left corner animated GIF, I'm the dude with the shaved head, the dude in the blue T is from Albq.
Immediate Action Combatives)
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?
We plan for worst case scenario right? Why stop at the "almost" worst case scenario?

I will admit that even that has limits. I'm not walking around in plates and rifle mags strapped to my chest.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We plan for worst case scenario right? Why stop at the "almost" worst case scenario?
View Quote
Because there's ALWAYS another level of "worst case scenario".
I say plan for 2-3 opponents, you say plan for 4-5, there's always the possibility of 8-10 or 50-100.

Besides... the fundamentals don't change no matter the scenario.
Tactics > another 4 or 5 rounds of handgun capacity once you're into John Wick levels of violence.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I say plan for 2-3 opponents, you say plan for 4-5, there's always the possibility of 8-10 or 50-100.

Tactics > another 4 or 5 rounds of handgun capacity once you're into John Wick levels of violence.
View Quote
Actually, I think 2-3 is a pretty good plan. I just don't think I'm going to nail them with my first 2-3 rounds and be done. I'm going to be running, they might be moving, there may be trees or car doors in the way, etc.

I agree with situation awareness>tactics>4-5-10 rounds. But disagree that carrying those rounds precludes the use of those tactics and situation awareness.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Actually, I think 2-3 is a pretty good plan. I just don't think I'm going to nail them with my first 2-3 rounds and be done. I'm going to be running, they might be moving, there may be trees or car doors in the way, etc.

I agree with situation awareness>tactics>4-5-10 rounds. But disagree that carrying those rounds precludes the use of those tactics and situation awareness.
View Quote
Of course extra rounds = extra options.
But there's always a point of diminishing returns when it comes to concealed carry, especially if there could be negative repercussions to being made.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Of course extra rounds = extra options.
But there's always a point of diminishing returns when it comes to concealed carry, especially if there could be negative repercussions to being made.
View Quote
Which goes back to my point that with a good belt and a good holster that a g19 sized gun is not to large to conceal with a t-shirt or even with a tucked in dress shirt.

It doesn't have to be a g19, I just mean that sized gun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is the situation I have. I often only carry an M&P 340 .357 or 342Ti .38 in an ankle holster at work because company policy says no weapons. I have to carry something geared toward maximum concealbility I do keep a full size pistol in the truck and on the weekends or when I am not working the 340 becomes a back up to something like a Glock 19 or a Beretta Vertec or HK P30. At work though it is typically a light weight revolver and a couple of speed strips.

11oz power house. XS tritium front sight, CT laser grips and an Apex duty trigger kit. 135gr +P Speer GD 38spl.

My normal EDC. Beretta 92A1 9mm Surefire X300U-B + 2 spare 18rnd Mec-Gar mags. Carried in a BC kydex holster.

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Which goes back to my point that with a good belt and a good holster that a g19 sized gun is not to large to conceal with a t-shirt or even with a tucked in dress shirt.

View Quote
I'm tracking with you perfectly.

There's two ends of the spectrum.
The guy with a belt buckle NAA mini-revolver in .22short and the guy with a Glock 17 carried 19+1 with a couple of 33 round stick reloads.
Then there is the realist in between who carries something with adequate capacity in a service caliber that they are competent with.
I just happen to consider the "floor" to be a 7+ capacity in 9mm and the realistic "ceiling" to be 15 in 9mm for all day, every day "no excuses for not carrying" CCW.
The Glock 26 or 19 fit in there perfectly.
As do my preferred H&K P30SK and P2000 9mm's.
So does a 1911, Walther PPS, S&W Shield, HK45C, XDs9, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure we agree on far more than we disagree on this topic.
After having nearly 700 students come through my CCW classes, I just tend to gear my advice towards what is optimal for the top 20% of CCW's not the top 1%.
The top 20% are the people who will carry all the time, everywhere they're legal but aren't 1%'ers "dedicated to the martial arts" so the speak.
The lower 80% who only carry when they are in the "bad part of town"... fuck them. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty sure at John Wick levels, I'm toast, unless I have some buddies with me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is very true.

Because I don't feel planning for worst-worst-worst case scenarios is reasonable risk assessment strategy.

Sometimes I carry a G19.  Sometimes I carry a LCP.  Sometimes I carry something in between.  

I really believe situational awareness and good common sense are the most important tools in my toolbox.

That said I'm  not going to shit in the kind of  guy who decides to carry a G19 with a G26 for backup. It's an individual decision.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#27]
The vast majority of defensive shooting ends in 1 to 3 shots. There are exceptions but chances are you will never need to reload. Most criminals will start to flee on the first shot from the victim. There was a thread in the general forum showing videos of civilians shootouts. I couldn't find the thread, maybe someone remembers the link. It's very educational.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm tracking with you perfectly.

There's two ends of the spectrum.
The guy with a belt buckle NAA mini-revolver in .22short and the guy with a Glock 17 carried 19+1 with a couple of 33 round stick reloads.
Then there is the realist in between who carries something with adequate capacity in a service caliber that they are competent with.
I just happen to consider the "floor" to be a 7+ capacity in 9mm and the realistic "ceiling" to be 15 in 9mm for all day, every day "no excuses for not carrying" CCW.
The Glock 26 or 19 fit in there perfectly.
As do my preferred H&K P30SK and P2000 9mm's.
So does a 1911, Walther PPS, S&W Shield, HK45C, XDs9, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure we agree on far more than we disagree on this topic.
After having nearly 700 students come through my CCW classes, I just tend to gear my advice towards what is optimal for the top 20% of CCW's not the top 1%.
The top 20% are the people who will carry all the time, everywhere they're legal but aren't 1%'ers "dedicated to the martial arts" so the speak.
The lower 80% who only carry when they are in the "bad part of town"... fuck them. LOL.
View Quote
Yup, no real argument here.

I do find that the small single stacks just don't do it for me. I can shoot them ok but my speed and accuracy suffers enough that I choose bigger stuff. I'm not talking slow fire accuracy. I'm talking one handed, compramized positions etc.

I don't have a problem with 7-8 rounds in a gun that I can shoot fast, accurately, and reload efficiently. Guns like my cw9, or the sheild, g43, etc are just too small.

I was helping someone out with there g42 the other day. He was, predictibly, shooting low and left. The gun was very accurate and the recoil was non existent. The problem was that it's so small that the guns owner couldn't get a consistent trigger pull or grip.

There's definitely potential there though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yup, no real argument here.

I do find that the small single stacks just don't do it for me. I can shoot them ok but my speed and accuracy suffers enough that I choose bigger stuff.

I don't have a problem with 7-8 rounds in a gun that I can shoot fast, accurately, and reload efficiently. Guns like my cw9, or the sheild, g43, etc are just too small.

I was helping someone out with there g42 the other day. He was, predictibly, shooting low and left. The gun was very accurate and the recoil was non existent. The problem was that it's so small that the guns owner couldn't get a consistent trigger pull or grip.

There's definitely potential there though.
View Quote
My NSFW answer about choosing a CCW pistol is:
"I like my guns like I like my boobs".
"I want them to fill my hand up, but anything hanging out is just wasted."

I want a full grip, but anything hanging out beyond my pinky finger just makes concealing it that much harder for very little gain.
Anything that doesn't fill up my hand is also a compromise where the negatives start to outweigh the positives.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My NSFW answer about choosing a CCW pistol is:
"I like my guns like I like my boobs".
"I want them to fill my hand up, but anything hanging out is just wasted."

I want a full grip, but anything hanging out beyond my pinky finger just makes concealing it that much harder for very little gain.
Anything that doesn't fill up my hand is also a compromise where the negatives start to outweigh the positives.
View Quote

I'll drink to that
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Can you hit anything with your XD-S?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Pretty decent with it.
Not shoot a quarter at 25 yards, but decent
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pretty decent with it.
Not shoot a quarter at 25 yards, but decent
View Quote
Unless you're trying to shoot at the getaway vehicle, most civilians gunfights happen in very close distance. You're better off improving double tap drills.  When you're up against multiple targets you need to ID and prioritize the threats. Basically go for the leader of the group or the one that is mostly likely to use his weapon. You have surprise on your side and like I posted they will likely flee when the shooting starts. Just make sure you double tap the first guy before moving to the second. I have seen videos where the victim put one bullet at the first guy than move to the second. Unaware the first criminal recover and about to shoot him.

The David Jackson story is a good case of properly ID and prioritizing which criminal to shoot first. Two arm robbers, 1 with the pistol and the other a long gun. He went with the criminal with the handgun and double tapped him. Than move his attention toward the long gunman. He missed. He was lucky tho the first gunman he shot got up and start running. If he didn't flee things might have not turn out well. Fighting multiple criminals is hard because there always a chance the criminals you shot might get backup while you engaging other targets.

News report.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iV0oqnaCUY

David Jackson story. IIRC 3 shots fired from his gun. 2 on this first guy and one on the other (missed).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2NV6dgYom0

Commercial on the shooting is being air on Youtube by US Concealed Carry. I saw the commercial and was interested why he didn't go after the guy with the long gun first. He viewed the guy with the handgun was more likely to use his firearms than the other criminal.

http://try.usconcealedcarry.net/trueview-exclusive-access-to-davids-story/?tID=58b468c7cd08e&GA_network=ytv&GA_device=c&GA_campaign=743803320&GA_adgroup=41636283105&GA_target=male&GA_placement=youtube.com&GA_creative=193250907598&GA_extension=&GA_keyword=&GA_loc_physical_ms=9008543&GA_landingpage=http://try.usconcealedcarry.net/trueview-exclusive-access-to-davids-story/&gclid=CjwKEAjw3drIBRCOwfC-_qqyjQ8SJADvoWQpKbDBQqpZUpYDNWf2g1H3P3wzf0bkHz4yZn5YHM4G-xoCN23w_wcB
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:17:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Post could be good, but your grammar and syntax are so poor that I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll give you the cliff's notes.  Watch this:

I think 3 shots is all he fired
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Remember dude, rats tend to scatter- You won't ever need to shoot 17 people. At least I hope to god you never have a scenario straight out of the Walking Dead like that....
View Quote
In a gunfight when stress levels are high and you have moving targets it sometimes takes up to if not more 7 hits to bring one person down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I had several different XDs I sold them all and went with the G19 it is lighter to carry and you can also get 32 round mags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Why I carry an XD9 fullsize. Who cares if you print slightly. 
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sure it's already been said, but buy a glock+ spare mag  
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#42]
That's awesome.  
Is that an NFA item?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's awesome.  
Is that an NFA item?
View Quote
Thanks.  No, it's a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'll give you the cliff's notes.  Watch this:

I think 3 shots is all he fired
View Quote
I couldnt believe what happened next.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I carry a 9mm Shield every day. I keep the 7 rounder in the pistol and carry 2 spare 8 rounders in my pocket. I can carry that loadout during the hottest of weather when I am wearing the least amount of clothes and do so comfortably with good concealment. I am comfortable with this choice and feel it will get me through most situations that can be solved with a handgun. There are times when I go a bit heavier (carrying up to a full size Glock 17 with a spare mag), but that little Shield is my every day companion that works with any of my clothing choices and any season.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't say either is wrong. The main advantage to me with a larger handgun is it is much easier to aim and control. Capacity is nice if there is more than one attacker, or there is a mass shooter.

I think training is most important but I am tall and have a good pancake holster so I just carry a full-size gun. If I expected a pistol fight I would probably bring a shotgun though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That just isn't true depending on your job \ activity required......

I do work in places that have a no gun policy (they aren't legally posted to keep you out nor is it against the law it's just the policy)

I have to pocket carry so no way they can see my gun.

ETA not trying to be a dick just saying that doesn't work in every situation
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#48]
get a 686 plus - if you gonna have 7 bullets make them 180 grain hollow point 357 magnums
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I do work in places that have a no gun policy (they aren't legally posted to keep you out nor is it against the law it's just the policy)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're happy with that then that works for you.

I think people would be shocked at how easy it is to conceal guns with some of the newer holsters out there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I went from USP45 > USP9 > G26 (with 17rd backup mag) > shield 9 (14 total rounds). I live,work,play in safer areas so ease of concealment and light weight is more important. I played my first 2 holes of golf yesterday with it in my pocket before noticing and moving to the bag. I accepted the advice long ago that carrying easily 100% of the time is better than more rounds/better gun 80% of the time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top