Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 6:11:28 PM EDT
I have had one for many years now. My wife and friends all hate to shoot it because it malfunctions for them. Stove pipes, fail to eject and random other jams. I can shoot it with the crappiest 22 ammo and I normally get zero problems mag after mag. Other people have problem almost every other round. I always tell them to tighten up their grip and not limp wrist. Does not seem to help. If I put cci stingers or mini mags in for them it works better.
So what gives? It works great for me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine works for me and others, who have shot it. Not sure what gives
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The gremlin who lives inside only likes you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
200 rounds today through mine with a Sparrow can. Zero issues with both experienced and novice shooters.  Other than the magazine safety, I think it's an ideal 22 semiauto and suppressor host.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
PPQ22 is the better answer
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
200 rounds today through mine with a Sparrow can. Zero issues with both experienced and novice shooters.  Other than the magazine safety, I think it's an ideal 22 semiauto and suppressor host.
View Quote
what ammo do you guys use?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine will run anything but QUIETs. Anything.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:10:18 AM EDT
[#7]
My P22 has always, and still does, run beautifully with any cheap ammo I've fed it.  The accuracy was scary bad at first but after 5 or so mags it became quite the shooter.  I've had it for a few years now and last month it finally started hanging up due to be dirty.  I plan to clean it one of these days and I have no doubt it will go right back to being extremely reliable and just as accurate.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I never really has issues, occasional stove pipe or failed lock the slide back on empty with cheap bulk ammo. But when I would run hv ammo especially aguila interceptor it was always flawless and accurate. I wish I never sold it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what ammo do you guys use?
View Quote
That outing was Gemtech 22LR "Silencer Subsonic", 42 grain, 1020fps (at least according to the box). I've also used CCI and ELEY (which seemed to have a lot of grease on them).
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I shoot CCI mini mags in my 22s. We have never had a single problem with our p22. It's been great. I also rarely clean it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm glad someone has one that works. I had one that would not make it through a full magazine without malfunctioning. I contacted S&W about it and they sent me a lighter recoil spring. Made a little difference, but not much. Then something broke inside and I had to send it it. When I got it back, still malfunctioning. I finally traded it off.

When the Ruger SR22 came out I was considering getting one of those, but backed off after looking at it cause it reminded me too much of the P22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top