Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 4:03:00 AM EDT
I am looking to do some custom projects which require single stack 7.62 Tok mags.

Whats readily available on the surplus market? CZ, Tokarov, etc - not sure what to be looking for.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably Yugo M57, or maybe CZ52.  Both had at least one run of new manufacturing from the original makers, and some aftermarket support.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say the CZ would be the most available.
I wish someone would make a modern version pistol for this very cool round.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say the CZ would be the most available.
I wish someone would make a modern version pistol for this very cool round.
View Quote

I have been saying that for years!

Who better than CZ?

Or even a Giant like Glock. If Glock made one, I truly believe it would be an incredible seller. It would be a build it and they will come situation. Suddenly a giant like Glock puts out a pistol in 7.62 TOK...everyone would be researching this round and find amazing things out about it. Everyone would want one. Ammo makers would have to start putting out factory plinking ammo and modern bonded hollowpoints and all copper rounds.

It would have to be one of the Big 3 firearm manufacturers, no one would notice if a smaller maker released one and no one would care. But if Glock did, everyone would think there must be something to this 7.62 TOK round? And they would be right to that that!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have been saying that for years!

Who better than CZ?

Or even a Giant like Glock. If Glock made one, I truly believe it would be an incredible seller. It would be a build it and they will come situation. Suddenly a giant like Glock puts out a pistol in 7.62 TOK...everyone would be researching this round and find amazing things out about it. Everyone would want one. Ammo makers would have to start putting out factory plinking ammo and modern bonded hollowpoints and all copper rounds.

It would have to be one of the Big 3 firearm manufacturers, no one would notice if a smaller maker released one and no one would care. But if Glock did, everyone would think there must be something to this 7.62 TOK round? And they would be right to that that!
View Quote

I dunno, Glock did try to launch 45 GAP
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

and it sucked. Moving on... Betamax vs VHS.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

and it sucked. Moving on... Betamax vs VHS.
View Quote
Better analogy.

We've moved on from videotape to optical discs, and the only players for videotapes are old, outdated designs that aren't even in production.

How about a new player that lets us use the millions of old tapes, but with updated features like on a DVD or Blueray?  Better search, etc?  Not a huge market, but those who have a whole lot of existing tapes would be interested in buying such a machine.
(Yes, I know the technology is differrent between tapes and optical, but it's not different between 7.62x25 and 9x19.  It's just longer.)
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Totally different. 45 GAP was Glock's attempt to introduce their own round. Resurrecting a caliber like the 7.62 TOK is quite a different story.

It also doesn't have to be Glock. Sig or S&W will do. Maybe even Ruger in a pinch.

Basically I am saying, if one of the major's made a modern pistol in 7.62 TOK, not only would 7.62 TOK fans buy them, many new 7.62 enthusiasts would be created once the community learned of the benefits of the round. A good hollowpoint in this caliber would be at least as effective, and probably more effective than most major service calibers. Actually PriviPartisan already makes an excellent hollowpoint in 7.62 TOK. I would like to see what some some of the other manufacturers could do. Barnes?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I would buy a 7.62 TOK Sig. Fuck, id even consider buying a new glock for the first time in over 5 years!!! a 1911 Tok would be cool as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The new production CZ-52 mags are unreliable.  The Tokarev mags are the most common and I have never run across one that would not work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]
OK - looks like for mag testing I try to get several different versions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The new production CZ-52 mags are unreliable.  The Tokarev mags are the most common and I have never run across one that would not work.
View Quote
Also only one country made the CZ or VZ 52,  and only for a few years.  Many countries made TT33 or TTC pistols and they are still in production. I see far more Tokarov mags than CZ 52 mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top