Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2017 4:20:14 PM EDT
Finally got my hands on a TP9SFX after following it since 2016.  I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet given the weather but my first impressions are very favorable, especially given the price point of ~$400 street...if they can get quantities out to shops.

My only other Canik product is the TP9SA and that is where I will base much of my comparison/contrast.  The trigger on the SFX is improved compared to the already good SA.  I don't have a trigger gauge but the pull weight is slightly lighter.  However, the biggest difference is the shortened reset which is considerable compared to the SA.  This jives with what Canik has been promoting.

The extended mag release comes with three different size adapters.  Four if you count leaving the adapters off and just running the stock release.  The mag release is ambi.  

The grip comes with two adjustment inserts, just like the SA.  

It comes with four total adapters for micro red dots and they are the typical variety seen from most manufacturers.  There is an included cover-plate should you want to run irons but the rear sight dovetail is integral to this plate.  All my RMRs are sitting on other guns but I have a Vortex Venom on the way and the promo pictures of the SFX show mainly Vortex red dots, so they should be GTG.

Also included are spare fiber optic rods for the front sight in yellow and red.  The rear sight is a Warren.  

The holster was also redesigned as well to include a top strap.  The paddle comes from the factory similar to the other TP9 lines.

Overall non-shooting impression is that this is an outstanding package for the money.  I will update when I can get it to the range.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
where did you get it from?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
DEGuns had 10 last Friday evening.  Sold out quickly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
EDITED: Never mind, that is a Walther clone not the CZ clone

I  have seen and shot one of these, I like it.

Only thing I would want to lighten the trigger a bit.

How much CZ stuff will work in them?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
None, ^^^ but some Walther stuff will
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you pay $400? De guns is showing a sale price of $529 now
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
No..

I paid $395 + $30 shipping which was lightning fast.

Put a Venom on it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good price I just paid 469 shipped.

How close to flush with the top of the slide are the optic plates? Would a sight longer than the plate in the front work?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
While the factory plates are thick, they still sit below the top of the slide.  Any optic that is longer than the plate would have to be altered to sit flush with the plate.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]
This pistol is very intriguing.  I'm afraid they are really going to take off and then dealers will start raising prices. I hope that doesn't happen and Canik can keep producing them fast enough.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I read somewhere that the PPQ slide/frame are compatible with the Canik slide/frame - is that true?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I handled one at a shop recently.

I'm not in the market for this type of gun, and I really don't like what's happening in Turkey. But I am very impressed with these guns. The finish and trigger is excellent but what really impresses me is the sighting arrangement. Not at all what I would expect for a gun that costs less than $500.

I'm more and more tempted to pick one up every day. The only thing that stops me is that I need to pay off the bill for my last handgun purchase and I still want to get another Turkish gun, a Stoeger Cougar 8000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top