Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/29/2017 7:34:48 AM EDT
I see their on gunbroke now . I have the compact L/E 9 3 mags pre set barrel and slide and its been flawless , also picked up a new late date with all upgrades full size on Sat came home cleaned the packing oil from it lubed it and will give it a try . Most shops around here dont have any and they are out from where they order from.I wanted to trade a full size MP40 at one place and you should have herd the used car story I got .I know their are a lot of beat up police guns on the market but come on this one shop offered 185 for a like new mp40 ,night sights l/e sku number . That new contract changes things alot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't change anything, but it will. Sig had a hard time selling that model before, but now everybody will have one. You know, what the military uses.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Im gonna buy one, waiting for factory threaded barrels for the full size guns.  Played with a compact with the threaded barrel and tall sights yesterday, I was sold on the trigger.  Makes me glad I didnt invest a lot of money on the M&P platform.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I had been looking at the M&P, but now I am considering the P320 instead.

I probably wouldn't have researched it if it hadn't been for the army decision.

I still like my .38 Super Gov't model clone, but maybe it is time for a polymer 9 carry pistol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Posers gonna pose
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I might get one down the road. It depends on if I go to a unit that is issued them before I retire. Same reason I bought my 92. Get one so I can practice with before qualification/deployment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It shouldn't change anything, but it will. Sig had a hard time selling that model before, but now everybody will have one. You know, what the military uses.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

True dat
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't want one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The ones I got to shoot last year were very nice; but I'm not sure they're better than my Glocks.  I think I'm just going to stick with what's familiar and reliable.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#11]
This is good for me then, I don;t care for mine anymore, so I should be able to sell it now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I already have my "used by the military handgun"...GLOCK 19  
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Army trials just proved what anyone that shot the P320 already knew: It's a really good pistol.

Out to 25 yards my 320 Compact shoots much tighter groups than my full sized M&P. Recoil management is much easier with the 320 than the Glock 19. It points more naturally than the G19 in my hands.

The modularity makes it cheap and easy to change grip sizes. Out of the box it's a VERY good EDC firearm. The trigger isn't as good as my Apex-equipped M&Ps but it's as good as a standard factory Glock trigger.

Guys that make handgun purchases based on FBI/military trials aren't "posers," BTW. Watching what happens with those trials is a great way to help guide purchasing decisions. The cream always rises to the top in those trials. The top several finishers are always a safe bet for civilian carry, etc.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I can say I have zero interest in getting one and thought it was the worst gun sig offered. Im surprised the military went with it over other offerings.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
It's more about the free advertising than anything IMHO.  Facebook, YouTube, and several popular forums have been blowing up with coverage of the MHS contract.  This plants a seed in peoples mind to have a look at them next time they are at the LGS.  Given, there will be some armchair commandos that buy them to keep up their "operator" status...

I have never even given the P320 any serious consideration until now (I'm a Glock guy), but with all the talk about the P320 I looked at one of the carry variants yesterday.  I actually would not mind having one and give stippling a try (non serialized frame).  I'm not going to pay retail, and will wait until I can get one used or in a trade, but I will eventually get one.

I could give two shits what the military uses, but it did seem like a neat pistol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't want one.
View Quote

I just sold mine yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I got mine several months ago.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Give it time the used market will be flooded with P320s.  Here is why everyone will run out and buy them the majority of people will not shoot them as most people do not shoot on a consistent basis.  These will people will get bored with it, get hard up for cash, come to realize they still like X pistol, or just get over the ohhhh the mil uses it then buy the next big thing coming out.

I like that the 320 is going somewhere and I will get one eventually used or get a X series if they are somewhat reasonable.

I do not own one yet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Like the M&P, XD, and PPQ that came before it and the VP9 after...It doesn't do anything the Glocks I already own (along with a Rubbermaid tote full of holsters and another full of mags) don't do. That said, they are perfectly good guns, and I won't fault anyone for jumping on that particular bandwagon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe the reason this pistol has not already taken off is because of the way that sig. Priced the exchange kits.

If they had priced them at 300 vs. The 400  it would have been a home run.

Red

Ps do not forget about the 33 dollar mags as well
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't want one.
View Quote

Neither do I.  

I've got more pistols than I can shoot now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the L/E 320 compact 9 W marked box and the PRE ,barrel and slide lock up .its great picked up the full size 320 in 9 on Sat and just ran 50 rounds down range it was flawless never missed a beat . You dont have to take the 320 apart but I know their are more small parts than a Glock 17. The Sig line is a good plat form but Glock was already in the pipe line .
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Just shot a friend's at some steel thing morning, was ringing the steel more than with my G19.

The frame's a little larger, but there's no denying it's a nice pistol.  Good trigger and pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm going the other way and buying a 1911
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm on board with the P250, yes I know many hate them, and I'm not one of them.  I've been looking at the 320 for months now, finally have a guy at work who owns one, he loaned it to me and I was able to take it shooting over the last couple of weeks.  Great gun.  Nice ergonomics, great trigger pull, but it doesn't do anything better than a Glock except have the ability to change the "gun" from one grip to another and change out slide/barrels by buying exchange kits.  So even though I'm already set up with some of the extras, like mags and grips, by being invested in the 250, I don't think I'll be buying one.  
Unless of course some crazy deal comes my way at a super low price.
Is the manual safety version for the Army going to be available on the civilian market?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I preordered a CZ P10c. Let ya know how it shoots in 3 months
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I love real SIGs but will never touch one of their Glock clones.

Or a Glock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I love real SIGs but will never touch one of their Glock clones.

Or a Glock.
View Quote

Hate to break it to you but it is a real Sig.  Are you supposed to sound more tier 1 buy declaring you will never touch a P320 or Glock?  I never get why someone would be so dogmatic and draw a line in the sand and declare you would never cross it.  More power to you but you should expand your horizons the P22x series do not do anything better than Glock or P320 and vise versa.  The P320 is not a Glock and a Glock is not a P320. You remind me of a person who will not try a certain food only because it is a certain color.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I had not had any interest in one. With all the buzz recently, I thought I would look at one when I stopped by the LGS. I really liked it. Good feel and a really nice trigger. Might be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Been there, done that. Sold it and picked up another Gen 2 Glock 19. Liked the idea of switching out grips to get a commander style handgun, but had to high of a bore axis for me and just didn't pick up and point well for me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I already had the L/E sig W320 package but just wanted a full size spare , and every shop I went to had the new Army gun story . I was going to go the exchange kit route one shop around me had the full size kit in 40 cal for 315 plus tax . I had a real nice late M/P40 with fact night sights to trade and no shop wanted it or would offer like 185 to 200 trade one place gave me a alot better price so I got their late build fll size 320 in 9 with night sights , but he did say he cant get any from his ware house right now . Out of stock .
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I've never understood that concept. If you didn't like the pistol a month ago why do you like it after the military adopts the weapon ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Good, maybe Beretta prices will drop.

ETA: I won't lie, I may buy the Sig if they realease an M17 marked one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've never understood that concept. If you didn't like the pistol a month ago why do you like it after the military adopts the weapon ?
View Quote

The old "wannabee syndrome" is how I describe a lot of it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I had no interest in the p320 before and still have no interest now, especially in the military configuration with a manual safety
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I think part of the recent interest in this gun is maybe some people didn't know about it

Personally I had heard about the 250 but never the 320

The Army picking it up brought awareness to the gun which has piqued my interest. Not because the Army, but because it has features that sound interesting and I'm always in the market for a new striker
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL

I like the new M&P much better.

Sig pissed me off with the MCX recall.

I own one Sig.  P220.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I've just never been a fan of the super-high bore axis...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Beretta prices drop?

92s are stupid cheap for anow all metal handgun. I bought my M9 brand new for $490
View Quote

I've apparently been out of the loop for awhile, the last one I saw was over $600.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"Lethal Weapon" sold more Berettas than the Army ever did
View Quote

Die Hard was the only movie to ever make me want an M9

Die Hard (1988) - Welcome To The Party, Pal Scene (2/5) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Does this mean surplus Glock kits?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I have zero interest in the p320 now, nust like i had none before.

Im committed to the Glock ecosystem to heavily to go any other direction.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've apparently been out of the loop for awhile, the last one I saw was over $600.
View Quote
Just wait a little while.....

A lot of the posers (aka not shooters) who got them because thats what the mil uses will dump them for a 320 and you can pick up an m9 for cheap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#47]
I will likely wait for the X Carry package or one of the full size x5 320s. If I buy one at all. I still like my Glocks

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#49]
I stumbled across a very lightly used 9 Carry at the show two days after the announcement.   I figured 320's were (a) going to get hard to find, and (b) go up in price.  If I like the gun fine, if I don't it will be an easy and profitable sale.

That said, I really like it.  Surprisingly accurate, I was frankly stunned at how well it grouped.  I have the medium grip module and it seems to fit my smallish hands well.  I may try to find a small but they don't seem to make them in the Carry as yet.  I own and shoot most of the other stuff out there.  This one is right up there.  Time will tell of course but I think SIG got this one right.

OP:  Nobody is buying 40's of any kind right now.  The market is flooded with them and will be for some time.  Distributors are setting on warehouses full of police trade in Glocks in 40.  They can't give them away.  M&P market is no  better.  Nor SIG for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I like to own a lot of different stuff when it comes to handguns and I picked up a P320C 5 months ago randomly from my LGS. I put a Apex flat trigger bar in it and it has done nothing but be reliable and accurate. I have large hands and all the Glocks I own have to be modified in order for them to be comfortable to shoot, this isn't an issue with the 320 (or my 1911's, VP9, modified glocks either). I think my hand size also mitigates a lot of the perceived "high bore axis" on the 320. The trigger in it is leaps and bounds not even a comparison better than a stock Glock trigger (even with a polish) and still better than my G19's with Overwatch triggers and NP3 connectors which makes it easier to shoot quickly and/or accurately. I initially thought the idea of the modularity was kind of lame until I decided I wanted an FDE gun and it only cost my $38 bucks total to do so complete with new slide release and mag catch. The thing I am not so hot on it is the price of the damn mags (praying the .mil contract will do something about that situation.)

Honestly, It's my favorite handgun for CCW.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top