Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/12/2017 7:53:23 PM EDT
Local shop had one for $429.

The grip shape felt pretty good.  No problem reaching the controls.  The texture was too fine for sweaty hands IMO, though not as slick as the Glock Gen 2/3.  The molded serrations on the backstrap seemed utterly useless.  

The trigger pull weight was pretty good, I'd say maybe 4.5" pounds.  There was a lot of spring pressure during the pretravel phase, which I felt was a bit odd.   The reset is going to make folks unhappy; the trigger needs to return about 4/5 of the way forward before it resets, and it's a mushy and indistinct reset too.  

Sights seemed to be decent, not much to complain about with the sight picture.  18 round magazine seemed to be well built, and plenty of witness holes.

I generally will pick up any halfway decent 9mm service pistol, but I think I'll pass on this one, unless I can get it a whole lot cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to give one a try when I can find one.  My RM380 has treated me well and I need a semi-auto 9mm.  I like the looks.  I want to hold one in my hand but I am seriously considering it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So they made a pistol that looked like the PPQ but gave it a worse trigger than the M&P.  Trigger make or break handguns now days Walther PPQ has no marketing support and people love the pistol.  M&Ps work great after a few Apex upgrades but they are decent stock just the non existent reset is my beef.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they made a pistol that looked like the PPQ but gave it a worse trigger than the M&P.  Trigger make or break handguns now days Walther PPQ has no marketing support and people love the pistol.  M&Ps work great after a few Apex upgrades but they are decent stock just the non existent reset is my beef.
View Quote

The M&P reset is easy to fix, but who knows if the RP9 will be or not.  Usually there is a not-too-involved way to shorten the reset but I haven't had one apart.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
You would think some R&D guy would have been "this reset is to long correct that before we put on the market".  Someone needed to Steve Jobs the engineer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the RP9 is nicer looking than the Ruger American.
Guess will see after that.  Remington has alot of ground to make up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well the RP9 is nicer looking than the Ruger American.
Guess will see after that.  Remington has alot of ground to make up.
View Quote

I don't think the American compact looks too awful. If it was $300 I'd try it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks like an M&P to me. Kind of like how the Firebird and Camaro are the same thing. You could have told me that S&W made these for Remington and I'd believe it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it as good as the R51?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is it as good as the R51?
View Quote

I would rather have the RP9, if that's what you're asking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Wait a few months.  When they see they are not a player, CDNN will have em for $349 or less.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#11]
That's one ugly pistol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't even know about these. 

Boy they are ugly

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You would think some R&D guy would have been "this reset is to long correct that before we put on the market".  Someone needed to Steve Jobs the engineer.
View Quote

Especially since Travis Tomasie is the one who puts Remington guns through their paces.  Of course, at Travis Speed things like reset and "mushiness" probably aren't all that noticeable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#14]

No uglier than any of the other tactical Tupperware out there.  The grip looks comfortable in the hand.  I just notice it has ambidextrous slide release and a reversible mag release.  Wounder why they did not make that ambidextrous also?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Girsan MC-28
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
They look similar but they don't appear to have the same internals.  The RP9 uses the SIG P320 style internal fire control unit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Remington still has its head in its ass I see.
lol at making a polymer striker fired pistol with a crappy trigger.  I'll take a CZ P10c, please.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#18]
there are soo many good options out there today, I don't see how anyone can justify buying these turds. They are unproven designs from a company proven to produce crap pistols as of late. For that price range Canik makes a nice piece. Hell I would buy a used gun for tht price. Palmetto had FS9's for 399 around black friday. Just no to this remington crap
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd rather spend a little more and get something like a CZ P09 if I was going to go polymer again.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I hope it is better than it seems.
The RM380 is my favorite of the pocket 380s, having tried almost all of them (and most of the "real" pocket 9s).
Maybe they should just focus on a trigger replacement to shorten and lighten the RM380s 11.5# trigger (Galloway kit is good for lightening pull, but won't set off about 2-3% of my S&B on the first hit--always goes off on the second except for the TWO times it took 3 trigger pulls.  Has been 100% with high quality fmj and all personal defense Ammo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Based on Remington's recent track record I damn sure wouldn't take a chance on one of these at that price. This one doesn't have any advantages over other proven performers. There are plenty of similar guns out there that I know work well in that price range.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
there are soo many good options out there today, I don't see how anyone can justify buying these turds. They are unproven designs from a company proven to produce crap pistols as of late. For that price range Canik makes a nice piece. Hell I would buy a used gun for tht price. Palmetto had FS9's for 399 around black friday. Just no to this remington crap
View Quote

EXACTLY
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably a universal sentiment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a Walther PPX impregnated a XD and the baby was delivered by Hi-Point
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I often wonder when the "latest" striker fired plastic pistol comes out "what does this offer that Glock doesn't."  I'm far from a Glock fanboy, I own more M&Ps than Glocks, but Glock still sets the bar, and sets it pretty high. I have to hand it to Remington, they have come up with a pistol that offers nothing new and makes Glocks look beautiful. Add the quality control and customer service Remington has been known for over the last several years and this gun seems like a born failure.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have to hand it to Remington, they have come up with a pistol that offers nothing new and makes Glocks look beautiful. Add the quality control and customer service Remington has been known for over the last several years and this gun seems like a born failure.
View Quote

I love this post ^^^
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm with MCB, it doesn't look much different than any of the other ugly plastic guns.  I'm not sure I think any of them look good.  Maybe an HK.  OK, HiPoints are pretty much more ugly.  This isn't nearly that bad.  I actually kind of like how it looks.  

I don't see how a 4.5# trigger would be considered bad.  Most Glocks and M&P's are nearly double that brand new.  I realize a short reset will aid in speed, but I don't think it's a necessity on a standard service firearm.  I don't know if I can make a good argument that it's any better than a short reset, but I'm not sure it's that bad of an idea to return a trigger back to normal or close to it.  Obviously some guns work that way.  DA revolvers, Kahr...    

For me, a lighter trigger will help me in being accurate more than a short reset.  That might just be me, but I'm thinking not.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm with MCB, it doesn't look much different than any of the other ugly plastic guns.  I'm not sure I think any of them look good.  Maybe an HK.  OK, HiPoints are pretty much more ugly.  This isn't nearly that bad.  I actually kind of like how it looks.  

I don't see how a 4.5# trigger would be considered bad.  Most Glocks and M&P's are nearly double that brand new.  I realize a short reset will aid in speed, but I don't think it's a necessity on a standard service firearm.  I don't know if I can make a good argument that it's any better than a short reset, but I'm not sure it's that bad of an idea to return a trigger back to normal or close to it.  Obviously some guns work that way.  DA revolvers, Kahr...    

For me, a lighter trigger will help me in being accurate more than a short reset.  That might just be me, but I'm thinking not.
View Quote

The point was why would anyone choose to settle for a trigger with a long reset when there's plenty out there with short trigger resets?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The point was why would anyone choose to settle for a trigger with a long reset when there's plenty out there with short trigger resets?
View Quote

Some of us are not afraid to work on our guns.  If I can "fix" an XD trigger I have no doubt the the RP9, that I am under the impression also uses a fully cocked striker, can be equally tuned.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#30]
The RP9 is fail imo.  The design looks like Hi-Point and a Sig P320 had a baby that grew up to identify as a Walther. There is a set screw hole in the rear sight but yet no screw, front sight has a hole for a pin yet no pin. I feel like my finger is sliding off or hanging off the trigger when pulled. I think it is even worse than the Walther Creed with the 3 piece barrel... If you like this pistol you probably are someone who would own/like the R51 also.... lol

To keep it simple ill say this... There are way better options for less $$$, nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The RP9 is fail imo.  The design looks like Hi-Point and a Sig P320 had a baby that grew up to identify as a Walther. There is a set screw hole in the rear sight but yet no screw, front sight has a hole for a pin yet no pin. I feel like my finger is sliding off or hanging off the trigger when pulled. I think it is even worse than the Walther Creed with the 3 piece barrel... If you like this pistol you probably are someone who would own/like the R51 also.... lol

To keep it simple ill say this... There are way better options for less $$, nuff said.
View Quote

Where are you seeing these missing screws and pins?  An online review?

I shot the shit out of Gen 2 R51.  It worked just fine.  My hand did not like it though, wore blisters on the web of my hand.  My RM380 has been excellent and for it's size decently comfortable to shoot.  600+ rounds going no issues.  Based on that I am at least willing to give the RP9 a good look and a test drive if I can.

Everyone told me XD's where shit, and yet I have an XD-40 with nearly 40,000rds through it.  I will give the RP9 a look too and see what it can do.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Where are you seeing these missing screws and pins?  An online review?

I shot the shit out of Gen 2 R51.  It worked just fine.  My hand did not like it though, wore blisters on the web of my hand.  My RM380 has been excellent and for it's size decently comfortable to shoot.  600+ rounds going no issues.  Based on that I am at least willing to give the RP9 a good look and a test drive if I can.

Everyone told me XD's where shit, and yet I have an XD-40 with nearly 40,000rds through it.  I will give the RP9 a look too and see what it can do.
View Quote

The ones shipped to my workplace do not have set screws in the rear sight, yet it is threaded and ready for one, I am not a fan of this. The front sight which is a dovetail installation has a hole drilled to pin it in place, again there is no pin. I have not been able to find a picture of one shipped with said hardware. I am a gun snob and value my money, and my opinion is that the RP9 is bad. As for the R51, without even talking about if it works or not the gun just plain out sucks. When I first tried the trigger I thought it was broken...lol nice grip safety bro, assembly/disassembly, I cant even bring myself to go on further. Don't use the logic of liking your RM380 as the reason to buy a RP9, but totally go check it out I will never tell someone to not try something.  Experience tells me RP9's wont be flying off the shelf though...
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got quite a few handguns that don't have the greatest reset.  I have carried several different kinds of guns, including DA revolvers.   And the gun I seem to shoot the best lately is my Browning HiPower.  Which has a real funky reset.  But since I carry and shoot DA revolvers a lot, I could care less.  I carry a Glock sometimes and I don't feel for the reset.  Now, I'm sure I could shoot faster if I could utilize the shorter reset.  But I'm not sure 1/2 or 1/4 second splits is really my endgame.  I just want to hit my target accurately in a relatively quick time.  In a safe manner.  

As to WHY I chose those guns over ones with a shorter reset?  They had attributes I liked.  Some of it nostalgia, sure.  But it seems like if one wanted pick a handgun with the best trigger, it would be a good 1911.  A good 1911 trigger blows away a Glock trigger in reset and pull, typically.  Heck, the pull of my HiPower trigger is better than most Glocks I've shot.  It was worked over by a local guy.  But it didn't cost any more than an aftermarket trigger for a Glock.  Yes, the reset still isn't like a Glock, but the break and weight is better.  Than a stock Glock.  A hipower is a very comfy gun to shoot and handle.  Is accurate and smooth and looks good.  Has pretty good capacity and even though it's heavier than a G19, the slide is thinner and it feels like a smaller gun to me.  With the right grips, it's not much wider in the grip area.  

Admittedly,  I have a G26 that has a pretty darn nice trigger.  I bought it used.  3rd owner, that I know of.  So I don't know if anything was done to it.  It's rather light and crisp.  But the G19 I bought brand new, not even close.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw one yesterday in 9mm, for I think $449 but don't hold me to that. Tax and all she said less than $500.00
Now
I have flipped through the post and no one has said this.  Its a BIG gun. I mean this thing is huge. NOT Dessert Eagle Huge but a big ole honkin pistol for 9mm. Very large feeling and looking.
The guts look like a chassis system similar to the Sig 320's, but with more space around it between the plastic and the steel. The trigger was a trigger, ok but it had a long reset if I remember correctly. The grip felt good but a little slick. OH it was built in Alabama     If it works good for them its not for me but Eh
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I often wonder when the "latest" striker fired plastic pistol comes out "what does this offer that Glock doesn't."  
View Quote

Um... No Stupid Finger Groves?  Other than that I have nothing.   CZ P-10c, FN FNS, or Ruger SR9 seem a much better bet than this thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I saw one yesterday in 9mm, for I think $449 but don't hold me to that. Tax and all she said less than $500.00
Now
I have flipped through the post and no one has said this.  Its a BIG gun. I mean this thing is huge. NOT Dessert Eagle Huge but a big ole honkin pistol for 9mm. Very large feeling and looking.
The guts look like a chassis system similar to the Sig 320's, but with more space around it between the plastic and the steel. The trigger was a trigger, ok but it had a long reset if I remember correctly. The grip felt good but a little slick. OH it was built in Alabama     If it works good for them its not for me but Eh
View Quote

The slide looks huge (tall) and looks to have a high bore axis, I could be wrong but it just looks like an under-engineered pistol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#37]
local Scheels had one for $395

Not a terrible pistol on the whole, BUT that thing's trigger is horrible. Mushy gritty pull with a horrible reset.

I do like the ambidextrous slide release and 18rd magazine

However they have the Remington name and a sub-$400 price so they will sell, especially to few times a year pistol shooters or people who never shoot it and just throw it on a sock drawer

Huh, post 14000 went to this pistol
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#38]
For what it's worth, I bought one from my LGS this past week. My first range session was... well, not good. I don't know if all RP9's have the same issues as mine, I would hope they don't. It may be I'm just unlucky. Anyway, here's how my first range session went with my new RP9.

Remington RP9 - Another Lemon from Remington?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#39]
LOL @ the slide stop
LOL @ Remington
LOL @ MAC ~"what is probably the ejector"...duh
And also, Freedom Munitions is awful ammo

That gun looks way more like an M&P than it does a Walther PPQ
It also appears to be a chassis design ALA Sig P320/250 and the Ruger American pistol
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LOL @ the slide stop
LOL @ Remington

It also appears to be a chassis design ALA Sig P320/250 and the Ruger American pistol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL @ the slide stop
LOL @ Remington

I know it's an ejector, when you live on camera you say silly things from time to time. You should try it before mocking people that do it.

I've had zero issues with cases of Freedom ammo, I'll keep using it until I do have problems with it then I'll move on to something else. I have no tolerance for malfunctions.

The slide looks nothing like a M&P to me. Everyone thinks it looks like something else. The slide cuts are identical in size, shape and spacing to the PPQ which is why it reminds me of that pistol.

If the trigger is modular, they failed to mention it in their marketing material or the owners manual. As a matter of fact, the owners manual says;

Clean and lubricate the frame as an assembly. Do not remove any additional components from the frame assembly. Any further disassembly should only be completed by a Remington Authorized Repair Center.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks the video Mac
I am going to pass on the RP9
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
1. You should try it before mocking people that do it.
2. The slide looks nothing like a M&P to me.
3. If the trigger is modular, they failed to mention it in their marketing material or the owners manual. As a matter of fact, the owners manual says;
View Quote

1. I have a channel, thanks
2. I was referring to the grip frame and the silhouette
3. Those slide rails look identical to the Sig P250 I used to have.  If you freeze frame your screen when you show the guts of the gun, it appears to all be connected in there like a modular chassis.  Hell, since the gun sucks anyways, you might want to play around a bit with it and see if you can get the whole thing out of there.  Could be a popular video too!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

1. I have a channel, thanks
View Quote

You should post a link to it so we can all see what a perfect channel where no one ever misspeaks is like.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, I bought one from my LGS this past week. My first range session was... well, not good. I don't know if all RP9's have the same issues as mine, I would hope they don't. It may be I'm just unlucky. Anyway, here's how my first range session went with my new RP9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUeNP51XTeg
View Quote

I watched this last night I was honestly hoping Remington could make a come back and come out with a solid pistol.  I like the market being flooded with good inexpensive quality pistols it makes recommending hardware to new shooters great because I can tell them try everything find what you like and go with it.  I have a list that I tell new shooters I teach to stay away from but do not try and push my brand bias\loyalty on them.  Seeing reviews like this really helps me help others because I cannot afford to own every pistol on the market and have no desire to own every pistol on the market even though I have a rather diverse collection of different pistols.

Thanks for the review and ignore the haters I watch your videos for entertainment and information.  You are human and I get that sometimes you say something that does not make sense but I honestly can read between the lines and get you that you just misspoke I do it all the time.  If MAC was intentionally trying to mislead people it would show through out the video and I honestly do not think that has ever been the case.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I have, search my thread posts.  Please watch every video too so I can build my AdSense account $
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I watched this last night I was honestly hoping Remington could make a come back and come out with a solid pistol.  I like the market being flooded with good inexpensive quality pistols it makes recommending hardware to new shooters great because I can tell them try everything find what you like and go with it.  I have a list that I tell new shooters I teach to stay away from but do not try and push my brand bias\loyalty on them.  Seeing reviews like this really helps me help others because I cannot afford to own every pistol on the market and have no desire to own every pistol on the market even though I have a rather diverse collection of different pistols.

Thanks for the review and ignore the haters I watch your videos for entertainment and information.  You are human and I get that sometimes you say something that does not make sense but I honestly can read between the lines and get you that you just misspoke I do it all the time.  If MAC was intentionally trying to mislead people it would show through out the video and I honestly do not think that has ever been the case.
View Quote

It's still a relatively new gun, so media coverage outside of the "booth reviews" from SHOT Show (which are little more than commercials) is still a little sparse.  I did find this review interesting as they had several malfunctions with their RP9 even though it only appears they fired 36 rounds total in their video.

The Brand New Remington RP9 9mm Pistol with Todd and Sarah!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I just came across another YouTube video where the poster has the same nose-diving problem I've reported. It could be that the RP9 is very ammo specific (which is still a design flaw) or it could be that the quality varies wildly.

Remington RP9 review - "So What?"
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just came across another YouTube video where the poster has the same nose-diving problem I've reported. It could be that the RP9 is very ammo specific (which is still a design flaw) or it could be that the quality varies wildly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_6ouTk6RA
View Quote

I am not a pistol engineer or anything but maybe it is something to do with the slide weight and recoil spring combination that Remington chose.  The one I have touched felt like holding my G21 which was not something I found particularly appealing as that is one of the things I do not like about my G21 is as the pistol runs dry the balance of the pistol changes dramatically.  I honestly have the same feelings about this as you do and if a maker wants to be competitive that have to be more innovative than this.  Someone at Remington really screwed the pooch releasing such a dud.  Why would anyone choose a RP9 over all the other options in its category like the M&P 1.0 & 2.0, Glock 17/19, PPQ, VP9, P320, SR9 & American, XD & XDm, TP9, P10, etc.  So many great options on the market that all have track records of being reliable and Remington chooses to put out something that does not even compete with a Hi-Point because at least Hi-Points will shoot out of the box.  Maybe they were just in a rush to get it out for Shot and a RP9.1 will be released soon to correct the issues.

MAC do you think it is magazine released issue or pistol flaw?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I am not a pistol engineer or anything but maybe it is something to do with the slide weight and recoil spring combination that Remington chose.  The one I have touched felt like holding my G21 which was not something I found particularly appealing as that is one of the things I do not like about my G21 is as the pistol runs dry the balance of the pistol changes dramatically.  I honestly have the same feelings about this as you do and if a maker wants to be competitive that have to be more innovative than this.  Someone at Remington really screwed the pooch releasing such a dud.  Why would anyone choose a RP9 over all the other options in its category like the M&P 1.0 & 2.0, Glock 17/19, PPQ, VP9, P320, SR9 & American, XD & XDm, TP9, P10, etc.  So many great options on the market that all have track records of being reliable and Remington chooses to put out something that does not even compete with a Hi-Point because at least Hi-Points will shoot out of the box.  Maybe they were just in a rush to get it out for Shot and a RP9.1 will be released soon to correct the issues.

MAC do you think it is magazine released issue or pistol flaw?
View Quote
I'm not an engineer, I just play one on YouTube. :)

I honestly don't know. Here's what I see happening though. Under recoil the bullet next in line in the magazine is either being pushed down by the extracting case (I think this is unlikely) or the recoil forces are causing the round next in line to go nose down and forward. When this happens the nose of the ball round is being pushed into the space under the feed ramp and the front/top of the magazine. This is why you see two gouges on the nose of the bullet. One is from the bottom of the feed ramp and one is from the top of the magazine. I think it's a combination of a poorly designed magazine and feed ramp. Also, the feed ramp is nearly vertical which, if you are constantly loading and unloading the gun because you carry it, you will see bullet setback. Also, if you're running reloads and don't have a good crimp you'll get setback and a potential k-boom. This is speculation of course, but that ramp is steep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm not an engineer, I just play one on YouTube. :)

I honestly don't know. Here's what I see happening though. Under recoil the bullet next in line in the magazine is either being pushed down by the extracting case (I think this is unlikely) or the recoil forces are causing the round next in line to go nose down and forward. When this happens the nose of the ball round is being pushed into the space under the feed ramp and the front/top of the magazine. This is why you see two gouges on the nose of the bullet. One is from the bottom of the feed ramp and one is from the top of the magazine. I think it's a combination of a poorly designed magazine and feed ramp. Also, the feed ramp is nearly vertical which, if you are constantly loading and unloading the gun because you carry it, you will see bullet setback. Also, if you're running reloads and don't have a good crimp you'll get setback and a potential k-boom. This is speculation of course, but that ramp is steep.
View Quote

Are you going to contact Remington to try and resolve the issue or are you ditching the pistol and moving on to better things?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top