Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/1/2002 6:02:02 PM EDT
It's been a while since I've been here. Last time I believe I was asking about .45's. Well I have satisfide that thirst for the moment. Now I'm looking at the P89. I got to play with a friend's and I like it. It's a preban with a 15 round mag DA/SA decocker SS slide and grey frame. I've seen 20 round flush fit mags too. My questions here are: are the NIB rugers able to accept Hi caps? If not where could I find a copy of my friend's? I hate to copy people, but I like it alot.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:04:31 PM EDT
Yes, the new P89 will accept any Ruger 9mm magazine, hi cap or post ban. I have a P89 and love it. Great pistol.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:40:03 AM EDT
I love mine too. I am on probably my 10th or 12th one (I swap a lot) and keep coming back to them. Try some Hogue rubber finger groove grips, it seems to make it come to life. I never heard of any 20 round flush mags. The ones I have hang down about an inch. Purchased from Ajax years ago for $29 each, I watched the price jump right afterwards. They are very well made, seem to be electroless nickel and never skipped a beat. Then eventually you may want a spring kit...between the kit and a little trigger work, my P-89 rivals all my other autos in DA and SA pulls, if you like tinkering.
Top Top