Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2002 8:32:53 PM EDT
I have a 70 series govenment model and I want to swap the hammer and trigger and I was wondering how much work is involved it really doesn't look like that much to take them out but I am wondering how much "fitting" is involved,  
thanks, and does anyone reccomend a hammer and trigger to make the job as easy as possible?
oh yeah I don't want to cut up the gun I would rather just cut the parts so if I ever want to put it back as original thats a option.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The triggers I have had the best luck with are the wilson lightwieght......suggest replace hammer and sear as a pair.......if you don`t want to shell out the $$ for wilson parts....quality parts at good prices can be had from Gil Hebard guns.......personally....every time I tried to use a Videcki trigger...I was not happy.....too much creep.....I have wilson lightwieght in my 1911`s..($33)....BUT in the series 70.....I used the plastic colt trigger from the officers......worked out REAL nice.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
P-S.....this is not a hard mod.....can greatly improve function.....just make sure everything is working properly BEFORE firing....which is not a big deal.....if you have a problem...get back on here or find someone with experience.........
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the help, are there any triggers that fit really easy without to much modification?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have come full circle as far as triggers go. Tried them all and like Colt's plastic the best. (this is where I hafta give the reasons) Besides being lighter, there are no annoying grooves or holes that after extensive firing irritate the pad of the trigger finger. Also being plastic, it is not hot in the summer or cold in the winter...temperature neutral, kinda. AND as a bonus, you can heat a needle and melt a little "mushroom" on the top and bottom of the trigger to fit it perfectly into the frame, with no more up & down play. I would imagine they could be had cheaper as a "takeoff" that someone replaced with an expensive one. I still keep an assortment on hand, 'cause I can't leave well enough alone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thanks for the help, are there any triggers that fit really easy without to much modification?

Exactly why I went for the costly....the get what you pay for theory.....but what Gene says makes sense.....since I just had a good experience....initially I just did not want "plastic".....now...I want what "works".......have no idea what a colt plastic trigger would cost....but that`s a good place to start....I`m perfectly happy with the wilsons...and will go there again....
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Just about everybody is selling 1911 parts nowdays....check the dpms catalog....as well as others....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top