BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

Don't you know?  The best pistol the military ever used was the LAST one they used.
View Quote
There is a lot of truth in this statement. It will be intresting to see how much the M9 is missed once the M17 is in full swing. I'm sure there will be some old salty bastard going on about how guns in his day were made of metal, not plastic! Damnit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
So after reading through this thread, it appears that all of these guns are very reliable and will out last most people that aren't throwing 20k+ rounds through their pistol. Is there any gun that stands out as being worse/better than the rest? Or all they all great and tend to eventually breakdown after many 1000s of rounds?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it appears that Glock has addressed the issue with the ring on the front of the slide with the Gen5s.  Comparing the two, the Gen5 is noticeably thicker.  

Sucks as I just got a Gen4 slide milled for an RMR.  But even if it lasts "only" 30,000 rounds, it's still a good bit of service/life.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
Well, it appears that Glock has addressed the issue with the ring on the front of the slide with the Gen5s.  Comparing the two, the Gen5 is noticeably thicker.  

Sucks as I just got a Gen4 slide milled for an RMR.  But even if it lasts "only" 30,000 rounds, it's still a good bit of service/life.
View Quote
So now the Gen 5 won't break at 110,000 rounds?  Nice!  

If anybody outside of Battlefield Vegas worries about the durability of a Gen 4 GLock, then I'm curious as to what they are doing and how deep their pockets are to afford ammo like that.  It is nice Glock has addressed this, but that has an effect on me about as much as changing the speed limit on the main road at Ice Station Zebra.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
Can you take some pictures?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DanW:

If anybody outside of Battlefield Vegas worries about the durability of a Gen 4 GLock, then I'm curious as to what they are doing and how deep their pockets are to afford ammo like that.  It is nice Glock has addressed this, but that has an effect on me about as much as changing the speed limit on the main road at Ice Station Zebra.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They were having Gen 4s break at 30,000.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Adam-Wayne:

View Quote
Not my guns.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Not my guns.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/download-298217.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:

Not my guns.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/download-298217.JPG
So they elongated the cylinder?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
 This.   I'm trying to figger' out what area he's talking about - never knew there was an issue... 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WILSON:

This.   I'm trying to figger' out what area he's talking about - never knew there was an issue... 
When they went from Gen 3 to Gen 4 and increased the diameter of the recoil guide rod assembly, they had to change the size of the hole on the slide as well.

Henderson apparently has been having more Gen 4s lately crack in the front area of the slide like this.

It was at much lower round counts than their other Gen 4s, so I think it was probably a batch of slides or something.

Still, I like older guide rod and slide design.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]

It was at much lower round counts than their other Gen 4s, so I think it was probably a batch of slides or something.
View Quote
This is my feeling. Otherwise, we'd be hearing about it from other sources.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#12]

They were having Gen 4s break at 30,000.
View Quote
Ok, that's still about 20k more than I could dream of shooting one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Waiting for the results of the Glock gen 5 performance
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]

When they went from Gen 3 to Gen 4 and increased the diameter of the recoil guide rod assembly, they had to change the size of the hole on the slide as well.

Henderson apparently has been having more Gen 4s lately crack in the front area of the slide like this.

http://i.imgur.com/XIgppci.jpg

View Quote
How long are the 9mm Gen 3s going?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, thanks for these threads! I've read the AR one front to back and really appreciate it. 

I was wondering if you've had any Glock pistols suffer cracks at the breach face? 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AS556:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AS556:

Most of their Glocks go around 100,000 if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I know this is off-topic but I just wanted to quickly say -I hope the Vegas people on this thread are safe after last night's shooting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By gunshinestate:
I know this is off-topic but I just wanted to quickly say -I hope the Vegas people on this thread are safe after last night's shooting.
View Quote
Came in here to post that. Reading the last few posts though has me wondering if you guys are planning on getting any Glock gen 5's.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Me too. I heard on the scanner that Battlefield Vegas sent armored vehicles to the scene. @HendersonDefense 's last post was an hour before the shooting.

Let us know if you are okay!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
You know, things like that fatigue crack from repeated impacts. That would immediately cause me to suspect the mainspring. One can confirm this by looking at the back of that front part of the slide, and the locking block that the slide would bash against. All semi auto handguns will fail rather quickly when that happens.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:57:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DocApocalypse] [#21]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

You know, things like that fatigue crack from repeated impacts. That would immediately cause me to suspect the mainspring. One can confirm this by looking at the back of that front part of the slide, and the locking block that the slide would bash against. All semi auto handguns will fail rather quickly when that happens.
View Quote
Are you saying that this is an argument for frequently replacing the recoil spring?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#22]
How are the USP's holding up? TIA
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ARHank:
Me too. I heard on the scanner that Battlefield Vegas sent armored vehicles to the scene. @HendersonDefense 's last post was an hour before the shooting.

View All Quotes

Folks - Henderson is fine; he issued a brief statement following the shooting which unequivocally stated in no uncertain terms, that: 1) there's no evidence the shooter ever set one foot in Battlefield LV or ever bought a single thing there, and

2) Henderson asked for privacy with regard to the shooting.  They whole city, even the nation - is hurting following this attack.  

Let's try to respect that request.  And this is a tech forum, so let's try to stick to discussing high-round count handguns.

I personally think these "high round count" threads are among the very best on Arcom, I am grateful for all the info posted so far.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
Folks - Henderson is fine; he issued a brief statement following the shooting which unequivocally stated in no uncertain terms, that: 1) there's no evidence the shooter ever set one foot in Battlefield LV or ever bought a single thing there, and

2) Henderson asked for privacy with regard to the shooting.  They whole city, even the nation - is hurting following this attack.  

Let's try to respect that request.  And this is a tech forum, so let's try to stick to discussing high-round count handguns.

I personally think these "high round count" threads are among the very best on Arcom, I am grateful for all the info posted so far.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Calm down, hero. Literally 3 people asked about it and wanted to know if they were ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Thread moved on just fine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Calm down, hero. Literally 3 people asked about it and wanted to know if they were ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Thread moved on just fine.
View Quote
Calm down Francis.

Henderson, any Glock breach face failures? Extractors or strikers?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bigkracka:
Calm down Francis.

View All Quotes
Calm down Francis.

Yeah Francis needs to calm the hell down
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
View All Quotes
Calm down Francis.

His real name is Frank Pantangele, aka Frankie Five Angels, Mafia Kingpin, he's whacked more made men than the mole game.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By WWIIWMD:
His real name is Frank Pantangele, aka Frankie Five Angels, Mafia Kingpin, he's whacked more made men than the mole game.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WWIIWMD:
Calm down Francis.

Francis sounds super kinky
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
I've actually seen a couple photos on the internet of Gen 3's with the recoil spring loop broken as well.  It's been a while since I did it, but if you Google "broken Glock slide" or something similar such photos come up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cletussd:

Ron has stated customers are mainly only interested in Firearms that are in movies, video games and used by the Military.
View Quote
Then a few M&P's should be added right?

Great thread
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Ok, that's still about 20k more than I could dream of shooting one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:37:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By usus:
View Quote
wow. you need to devote $500 or so to set up to cast bullets and progressive reload. Cause I once shot  24,000 rds in 6 weeks. :-)  If you set up properly, 9mm ammo need not cost you more than 7c a shot. So 20k rds is just $1400, which is less than most smokers spend on tobacco in 6 months.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Wow... what a thread. Great valuable info here.

I’m very glad to hear that Glock is standing up to their warranty.

I am surprised to hear of these “failures” or “breakages” though. I too am wondering if it’s just the result of a certain “batch” or “run” or a reflection of the quality in general of some of their most recent productions.

I recently just chose Glock for my 2 most recent pistol purchases for their reunion and historical reliability.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Also - maybe I missed it or misunderstood ... but I believe someone posed the question about these breakages possibly being due to the fact that the RSA is being replaced too soon?

Any warrant or response to that notion?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TacticalTavorian:
Also - maybe I missed it or misunderstood ... but I believe someone posed the question about these breakages possibly being due to the fact that the RSA is being replaced too soon?

Any warrant or response to that notion?
View Quote
That wouldn't really make any sense. If they were being replaced too late, that would make sense.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#36]

That wouldn't really make any sense. If they were being replaced too late, that would make sense.
View Quote
Oh ok. Good to know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 2:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#37]
wow. you need to devote $500 or so to set up to cast bullets and progressive reload. Cause I once shot  24,000 rds in 6 weeks. :-)  If you set up properly, 9mm ammo need not cost you more than 7c a shot. So 20k rds is just $1400, which is less than most smokers spend on tobacco in 6 months.
View Quote
Good/bad idea.

I would not try to reload "in house."  Too much liability and too many other things going on.

What DOES Make sense is partnering with an existing remanufactued ammunition company like Black Hills and/or Atlanta arms - only closer to LV.

Imagine a symbiotic relationship where all of BFLV's fired brass goes back for reloading, while BFLV enjoys greatly reduced ammunition costs.

My old employer (range with a pro shop) bought Atlanta Arms remanufactued ammo.  Our costs were reduced by the amount of range-brass we sent to AA.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Any gen 5 Glock feedback?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
I was going to post something similar.  Dropping $500 on a Glock - this is not some one of a kind custom gun -  and then planning on shooting no more than 10000 rounds through it in your lifetime makes no sense to me. That's just me I guess.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Unkydon] [#40]
This cylinder was given to me by a local range that has an S&W 340PD on the rental line.

S&W replaced the titanium cylinder and returned the worn unit.

No telling how many rounds have been through this cylinder.

The original frame with its new cylinder is back on the line.

Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Ron:

Since adoption by the military, have requests for the SIG P320 increased?

How are they holding up?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By EVR:
Ron:

Since adoption by the military, have requests for the SIG P320 increased?

How are they holding up?
View Quote
I'd also be curious to know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey Ron.
Hope all is well with you and yours. This far I’ve mostly talked to you in the AR-15 forum.

Just curious if you have or have had any .44 Magnum revolvers on the line?

Thank you Ron
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Holes:
Hey Ron.
Hope all is well with you and yours. This far I’ve mostly talked to you in the AR-15 forum.

Thank you Ron
View Quote
We have several .44 Magnums on the line. Just because of the nature of our business, we now use a "born on date" with all the heavy-load guns. I don't remember the exact period of time for the .44's but once it hits the maximum amount of months that I allow them on the line, we sell them off to staff. We just sold a few of the S&W .500's to the staff for $100 and $125. I do an "auction" with the staff with a number that I already know that I am going to sell it for. I let them bid in $1 and $5 increments until somebody hits the magic number.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:
We have several .44 Magnums on the line. Just because of the nature of our business, we now use a "born on date" with all the heavy-load guns. I don't remember the exact period of time for the .44's but once it hits the maximum amount of months that I allow them on the line, we sell them off to staff. We just sold a few of the S&W .500's to the staff for $100 and $125. I do an "auction" with the staff with a number that I already know that I am going to sell it for. I let them bid in $1 and $5 increments until somebody hits the magic number.

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Holes:
Hey Ron.

Thank you Ron

V/R
Ron
I think I need to move to Vegas and throw in an application.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
It's to keep the morale of the staff up. I believe we sold three of our Springfield Armory 1911's for as low as $25 and as high as $75. I sold off about 12-14 of the Remington and Mossberg 12 gauges for $25 each and then "parts" guns for about $10. Two weeks ago the staff got some crazy deals on S&W revolvers, Remington 700's, PTR-91's, Inland (not WWII-ear) carbines and 1911's. I honestly felt bad after like the third day because guys were plotting how to lie their wives about not telling about the purchases. Some guys wanted to buy more of them and I could see in their eyes.. "if the she finds out I am dead but I can't pass the deal up". God I remember those days

We had about 7-8 Glocks but the wife took those to our retail store to give locals some good deals as well (and a Barrett M107A1 with new suppressor).

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#47]
It's to keep the morale of the staff up. I believe we sold three of our Springfield Armory 1911's for as low as $25 and as high as $75. I sold off about 12-14 of the Remington and Mossberg 12 gauges for $25 each and then "parts" guns for about $10. Two weeks ago the staff got some crazy deals on S&W revolvers, Remington 700's, PTR-91's, Inland (not WWII-ear) carbines and 1911's. I honestly felt bad after like the third day because guys were plotting how to lie their wives about not telling about the purchases. Some guys wanted to buy more of them and I could see in their eyes.. "if the she finds out I am dead but I can't pass the deal up". God I remember those days

We had about 7-8 Glocks but the wife took those to our retail store to give locals some good deals as well (and a Barrett M107A1 with new suppressor).

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes

V/R
Ron
You looking for part timers?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#48]

While I'm curious how they'll do, and they appear to be good guns, I just won't knowingly buy a product made in that back-stabbing, underhanded, sneaky, terrorist supporting country.  I don't think Americans realize what Turkey is up to these days.   Even those that do probably don't know anywhere near the extent of it.
View Quote
Amen Brother!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Are you running any post “voluntarily upgrade” P320s? Really interested in seeing how they hold up after a high round count. I know sig Is full of QC problems lately.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cmac2117:
Are you running any post “voluntarily upgrade” P320s? Really interested in seeing how they hold up after a high round count. I know sig Is full of QC problems lately.
View Quote
Also interested in any information on this.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top