Page / 20
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
How does the CZ stuff hold up?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Adam-Wayne:

Parts in red kind of contradict. If LEO can't get shit either, how are they looking down upon non-LEO only?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:
Originally Posted By rb889:

<snip>

OP, do you have any HK handguns for rental? How're they holding up?

I really hate being like this but I don't put them on the range. You can call it pride or ego issue but I hate having to purchase something from a company that I feel looks down upon regular (non-LEO) sales. The company's attitude, in MY opinion, almost feels that the American shooter is a pain in the ass and "reluctantly" sells them to us. That's MY opinion after years and years of being a buyer (bought my first HK91 in 1987).

When I was running our retail gun store we could never get spare parts and all the LEO that would stop by said the same thing. Granted, we have approximately 20+ MP5's at the range but a majority of those are US-made copies and they continue to run nearly three years later.

We do have some of the Paki and Turkish MP5 semi-auto pistol clones and they also run fine.

I will eventually have to purchase some but like I said, it's just my ego/pride that feels if you're too good for the US market.. then you must to be good for our store

V/R
Ron

Parts in red kind of contradict. If LEO can't get shit either, how are they looking down upon non-LEO only?

As for the firearms themselves, not the parts. My response is kind of mixed with two reasons.. hard to get parts and the LEO thing.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ron, first off I would like to thank you for sharing all of this great info.

A couple questions if I may.  You mentioned how durable Glock 17's are.  Do the 19's, 26's, ect. also exhibit this durability?  Lastly, do you run any CZ 75's and if so, how are they holding up?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:
How do the FNX45s hold up at the rental range?
View Quote

Just went asked the armorer for you and he said since we've opened, the only issue with that FN has been a broken main spring. Most of those rounds were fired with a suppressor attached.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a SIG P226 that has been on the line since 01 OCT 13. It has had a trigger spring and main spring replaced along the way. The rounds aren't extracting, the brass is fire-forming and you can see abrasions on the brass from the chamber. We are ordering a new barrel for this weapon and hopefully it will be back on the line soon.

V/R
Ron

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KCabbage:
Ron, first off I would like to thank you for sharing all of this great info.

A couple questions if I may.  You mentioned how durable Glock 17's are.  Do the 19's, 26's, ect. also exhibit this durability?  Lastly, do you run any CZ 75's and if so, how are they holding up?
View Quote

The 19's and 26's are reserved for customers from our retail store to come and test-fire those models prior to purchasing. Those Glocks and others like the P238, P938 and other CCW-style handguns don't get much use. Customers want they see in movies, TV or video games. The only CZ's we run are a Scorpion and an EVO 3, both are factory full-auto's and run flawlessly.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I missed it, but any M&Ps?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Any more details on the Beretta 92's? I have a couple and would love to know if there are any unusual wear items on them (other than the springs and locking block).
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I am also curious on the beretta info
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
Any more details on the Beretta 92's? I have a couple and would love to know if there are any unusual wear items on them (other than the springs and locking block).
View Quote

Those are the only problems we've had with our Beretta's. One of the Beretta's is suppressed and we used the original barrel and just threaded the portion that lies outside of the slide and no issues of cracking, decreased accuracy or any other signs of failing.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Those are the only problems we've had with our Beretta's. One of the Beretta's is suppressed and we used the original barrel and just threaded the portion that lies outside of the slide and no issues of cracking, decreased accuracy or any other signs of failing.

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:

V/R
Ron

Yeah, I think I've heard reports of that being hard on the slide.  But I didn't know if it was internet lore or not.  My thought is I could see how it would be if the slide was always banging against the can, but not sure if that's avoidable when they thread the barrel.  If there is enough barrel for the can to NOT contact the slide.  Anyways....  that is cool.  If I was in vegas I would go there for that experience.  Do you use 147 grainers?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome job op. The real deal info on usage versus magazine articles from a source with a vested interest in selling advertising to all firearms companies is beyond invaluable. The fact that I own 2 G19's and a G17 makes me happy to see I'm in good hands.

Again, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Ron,
This might have gotten lost in the shuffle....

Have you noticed a difference in wear/reliability between 9mm and 40 in the same manufacturers/moldels?

IE, 229 in 9mm outlasting 229 in 40 cal, or G19 outlasting G23?

Thanks again for this thread, and for the AR and AK threads.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By woode:
Maybe I missed it, but any M&Ps?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I might have missed it any CZ comments,

to include the CZ Scorpion.

Thanks for posting just found this thread after reading all the pages of the long AR thread.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Those poor guns look like 50 year old comblock grade B surplus and are only a few years old
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]
OP, you said something about 1911s but didn't give the juicy details yet. Pretty please??
I'm digging the info in these threads.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]

I really hate being like this but I don't put them on the range. You can call it pride or ego issue but I hate having to purchase something from a company that I feel looks down upon regular (non-LEO) sales. The company's attitude, in MY opinion, almost feels that the American shooter is a pain in the ass and "reluctantly" sells them to us. That's MY opinion after years and years of being a buyer (bought my first HK91 in 1987).

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes

<snip>

V/R
Ron

Spot on, I bought a POS VP9 and had to deal with their "customer service".  The snotty attitude cured me of ever buying HK again.  Sold the VP9 and chalked it up as experience.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Looks like a gen 1 locking block, they are on gen 3 at this point and those last the life of the barrel
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By Spartan16:
Great thread (well, most of it). Looking forward to more updates from OP.

One of the armorers brought this back to me this week and corrected me about broken Beretta's. This is the only part that breaks on the M92. I don't know the name of the piece but it's not integral to the barrel. There is a pin that holds it in place and the part is easily replaced.

V/R
Ron

http://i.imgur.com/fH3bt4u.jpg

Looks like a gen 1 locking block, they are on gen 3 at this point and those last the life of the barrel

Considering I just bought a 92A1 and I know you know the answer, what is the life of a beretta barrel?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

<snip>

When I was running our retail gun store we could never get spare parts and all the LEO that would stop by said the same thing. Granted, we have approximately 20+ MP5's at the range but a majority of those are US-made copies and they continue to run nearly three years later.

We do have some of the Paki and Turkish MP5 semi-auto pistol clones and they also run fine.

I will eventually have to purchase some but like I said, it's just my ego/pride that feels if you're too good for the US market.. then you must to be good for our store

V/R
Ron

I think that answer could be guessed at by saying HK doesn't value individual LEO sales. They're trying to play big, think departments.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#21]
HK, because you suck and we hate you.

I have a couple HK pistols and feel the same way.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SecurityForcesmember:

I think that answer could be guessed at by saying HK doesn't value individual LEO sales. They're trying to play big, think departments.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecurityForcesmember:

<snip>

V/R
Ron

Hey, why not? Look how that thinking worked for Colt
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#23]
In......good read.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#24]
This might not be technically "tech" related, but I figured I'd throw it out here anyways because it has to do with the topic.  

I have a bit of a disdain for German stuff because in my years I've run across a few Germans that ALL seemed to have this sort of highbrowed, or superiority thing going on.  I don't mean those of us that are German (Which I do have quite a bit of in me, and Irish and English)  but have been in America for generations.  I mean foreign exchange students and first generation Germans.  To a man they have all rubbed me the wrong way because they seemed to act like they know, do and are better than anybody around them.  And it's freaking irritating.  Just pisses me off even more thinking that my Grandpa had to go give his life while fighting this culture that seems to have a fricking complex of "Oh how great I am and the world will bow to me" bullshit.  Pardon my french.

Anyways...  I've shot an HK before one time and thought it was super nice.  A USP 9mm.  But I'll be danged if I'm going to buy a product from a country where I can't stand what looks to me the prevailing attitude of the culture.  And I'm still sore about WWII.  Asshats.  One foreign exchange student came over here and was telling me how terrible we were because he was from Dresden and we bombed the crap out of it and his ancestors didn't like that so much.  Well, I can kind of understand that, but maybe they should've thought of that before they started fricking terrorizing all the nations surrounding.  I mean What the......  I understand not all the germans were Nazi's and they all didn't necessarily want Hitler.  But some of them did.   Maybe their history books tell them that we started it and Hitler was a peace loving hippy.   I don't know.  

OK, that was a bit of venting there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#25]
WTF????.......
LMAO

Thanks for the knowledge OP. A very informative  thread
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#26]
wtf is right jjrea

Great info here. My wife wants to go to vegas. I was going to stay home but now I might come too.

Do you have any belt feds there OP? Any 249s?

Glad I shoot glocks, sigs and berettas

eta; op, what do you think caused the above Sigs chamber to become so pitted?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EVR] [#27]
Ron:

First, THANK you for this great thread.

Really interested if you have any SIG SP2022's on the range and if you do, how do they hold up?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Semi related, what pistol suppressors do you use and have you ever worn through one?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you OP great info.
My question is
With your knowledge and access to just about everything.
Which firearm do you trust your life to?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
This might not be technically "tech" related, but I figured I'd throw it out here anyways because it has to do with the topic.  

I have a bit of a disdain for German stuff because in my years I've run across a few Germans that ALL seemed to have this sort of highbrowed, or superiority thing going on.  I don't mean those of us that are German (Which I do have quite a bit of in me, and Irish and English)  but have been in America for generations.  I mean foreign exchange students and first generation Germans.  To a man they have all rubbed me the wrong way because they seemed to act like they know, do and are better than anybody around them.  And it's freaking irritating.  Just pisses me off even more thinking that my Grandpa had to go give his life while fighting this culture that seems to have a fricking complex of "Oh how great I am and the world will bow to me" bullshit.  Pardon my french.

Anyways...  I've shot an HK before one time and thought it was super nice.  A USP 9mm.  But I'll be danged if I'm going to buy a product from a country where I can't stand what looks to me the prevailing attitude of the culture.  And I'm still sore about WWII.  Asshats.  One foreign exchange student came over here and was telling me how terrible we were because he was from Dresden and we bombed the crap out of it and his ancestors didn't like that so much.  Well, I can kind of understand that, but maybe they should've thought of that before they started fricking terrorizing all the nations surrounding.  I mean What the......  I understand not all the germans were Nazi's and they all didn't necessarily want Hitler.  But some of them did.   Maybe their history books tell them that we started it and Hitler was a peace loving hippy.   I don't know.  

View Quote

WTF
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Any M&Ps, XDms, PPQs? Apologies if I missed it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CountryHam:

WTF
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CountryHam:
Originally Posted By JJREA:

WTF

I know.  Like I said.  A rant.  Sorry about that.  There's some truth in there though.  I think.  I'm trying to hard to avoid issues going on in my world around me and spending too much time on here lately.  Then I start to ramble.  My apologies.  I still hold to the fact that I think it's a culture thing with the Germans and it's coming across in how HK might treat their customers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
wtf is right jjrea

Great info here. My wife wants to go to vegas. I was going to stay home but now I might come too.

View Quote

Do we have belt-fed's....

249's, 240's, M60's, MG42's, PKM's, 1919's, MG34's, MG-13's, MG-15's, M2HB's, M-134's and more...

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:
Semi related, what pistol suppressors do you use and have you ever worn through one?
View Quote

We use SilencerCo, YHM, AAC, Bower's and Gemtech (only one of these).

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:14:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By EVR:
Ron:

First, THANK you for this great thread.

Really interested if you have any SIG SP2022's on the range and if you do, how do they hold up?
View Quote

We do have one or two of them but they don't get much use at all. We only use them so customers from the retail store can try it before they buy it. That goes the same for any of the Walthers, S&W's, SIG 238 and 938 as well as a bunch of other CCW-sized weapons.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:16:04 AM EDT
[#37]
wtf is right jjrea

View Quote

That weapon has been on the line since we first opened so tens of thousands up thousands of rounds through it. That was the first time we ever saw that.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:  Do we have belt-fed's....

249's, 240's, M60's, MG42's, PKM's, 1919's, MG34's, MG-13's, MG-15's, M2HB's, M-134's and more...

V/R
Ron
View Quote

You probably don't run the 249s off magazines very often, I imagine.  But if you do, how do they run, and what brand magazine?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#39]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

You probably don't run the 249s off magazines very often, I imagine.  But if you do, how do they run, and what brand magazine?
View All Quotes

V/R
Ron

IME they suck. Colt mags. Only did it in training, never wanted to do it for reals. I actually liked my SAW and had zero problems with it. It saw a lot of blanks and a lot of live ammo.

Ron. Awsome, thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#40]

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes
wtf is right jjrea

V/R
Ron

M240 vs PKM from an armory standpoint?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:05:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HendersonDefense] [#41]
Originally Posted By 556A2:

<snip>

M240 vs PKM from an armory standpoint?
View Quote

M240 all day, every day. We've lost ONE FIRING PIN to fatigue/wear in our M240's. Our PKM's (which I still have a HIGH regard for) have lost numerous barrels, firing pins,  buffers, bolt carriers and even a piston. We even had a bullet guide shear off the front trunion this week. I had a RSO mortar one 2-3 weeks ago because he knows he can't leave the firing line with a round (live or fired) in the chamber and instead of just calling the range cold and walking it out safely, he tried to mortar it and use a mallet to get the charging handle back. He bent the receiver on the PKM. We can repair it but you are NOT going to bend a receiver on a 240 trying to get the charging handle back.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Great thread,  Ron. These are the kind of reviews that matter!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Revolvers ?  Round count, caliber, brand, how well do they hold up to big round count. Or do people just not rent revolvers?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#44]
How much luck have you had with Mountain Monkies?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#45]

IME they suck. Colt mags. Only did it in training, never wanted to do it for reals. I actually liked my SAW and had zero problems with it. It saw a lot of blanks and a lot of live ammo.

Ron. Awsome, thanks
View All Quotes

V/R
Ron

Ron. Awsome, thanks

And that's why they didn't work.  SAW's never feed blanks from the magazine (or belt for that matter) very well.  They do, however, shoot live ammo fairly well.  Still wouldn't trust it to clear a room...but you don't put a SAW at the front of the stack anyways so it's no big deal....
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

And that's why they didn't work.  SAW's never feed blanks from the magazine (or belt for that matter) very well.  They do, however, shoot live ammo fairly well.  Still wouldn't trust it to clear a room...but you don't put a SAW at the front of the stack anyways so it's no big deal....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cms81586:

V/R
Ron

Ron. Awsome, thanks

You're not supposed to but we and every body I know did
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for this thread OP.

When you get a chance please give us some data on your 1911 failures.  Any patterns?  Barrel Lugs? bushings? disconnectors? Springs?

Also any revolvers?  I suspect some folks might want to play Dirty Harry no?

Thanks for sharing all this info. Really appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:58:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tacomabob:
Revolvers ?  Round count, caliber, brand, how well do they hold up to big round count. Or do people just not rent revolvers?
View Quote

I'll have to get all the info from the armorers this week but I know we've had a recent kaboom on a S&W .500 that had just come back from the factory for a repair work. We've sent a Judge and Rhino back for repair work as well. Our old trusty Colt .38 continues to run but it doesn't see anywhere near the high-round counts of the S&W 500. That guns scares me because after seeing the kaboom, we've scheduled in our books to replace the barrel every six months, regardless of round count.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:  I'll have to get all the info from the armorers this week but I know we've had a recent kaboom on a S&W .500 that had just come back from the factory for a repair work. We've sent a Judge and Rhino back for repair work as well. Our old trusty Colt .38 continues to run but it doesn't see anywhere near the high-round counts of the S&W 500. That guns scares me because after seeing the kaboom, we've scheduled in our books to replace the barrel every six months, regardless of round count.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

How do you kaboom a S&W .500"?  And how can you tell you've had a kaboom?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:50:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bmyk] [#50]
I looked into having S&W PC re-barrel my 460 XVR from 8.3" to 5" and the total cost parts and labor is about $450.  The barrel alone is $350...  I would not want to do that every six months.  I would appreciate details on the kaboom.  Was it a squib followed by another shot?
Are the big revolvers to cater to the magnum junkies?  I can see people paying a premium to shoot the most powerful handgun in the world or something that was in a movie.  
I cannot fault them, shooting a 600 Nitro Express is on my gun bucket list.

I'll have to get all the info from the armorers this week but I know we've had a recent kaboom on a S&W .500 that had just come back from the factory for a repair work. We've sent a Judge and Rhino back for repair work as well. Our old trusty Colt .38 continues to run but it doesn't see anywhere near the high-round counts of the S&W 500. That guns scares me because after seeing the kaboom, we've scheduled in our books to replace the barrel every six months, regardless of round count.

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tacomabob:

V/R
Ron

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top