Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/1/2002 3:48:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2002 3:54:29 PM EDT by Hawkeye1]
I like a flat one. My new Springfield has the standard vertical serations on it. Probably going to change it out for a checkered one. Which do you prefer, serated or checkered?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:54:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 1:00:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:28:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CockedandLocked:
Im old school, Arched, serrated, steel

YUP........
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:37:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:53:52 PM EDT
I dont have anything against the arched, the flat just fits my hand better.

I have re-thought my decision. After taking it for a test run today, I see no reason to change perfection. After seeing what everyone else favors (serated), that just re-inforces my thoughts.

This thing is unreal. First mag out of the box, and it was punching one ragged hole over the X. I kid you not. I was using some ammo that I buy by the bagful from a lady at the gun shows here whom I have delt with for years for practice ammo. They are my "choke load" in .45. 230 gr JHP that has a VERY flat nose at the hollow point. They have caused lesser .45's to choke. Thats all I ran today and it never had a hitch. Ran a full mag as fast as I could re-acquire the front sight (which was unbelievably fast), and same thing. One ragged hole. No flyers. Was shooting at my normal combat range of 10 yards. Will move it out to 15 or so when I have time and check the accuracy there, but I doubt I will be suprised. Man am I glad I picked this thing up. It has been a long time since I shot a handgun that just flowed and felt as natural in my hand as a rifle does for me (I'm a rifleman 1st and foremost). My H&K's and Sigs have always been great. Still are. But there seems to be something "special" feeling about this one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:42:02 PM EDT
I like both arched and flat and keep both with each gun. I give the serated the edge as far as dropping the gun into place for shooting. The checkered, depending on LPI and depth, has superior "traction" once positioned. I always thought the "old school" was a flat and smooth housing, long trigger, short tang? Or is that too old?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:08:14 PM EDT
Top Top