Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 6:30:36 AM EDT
What is everyone option on "Gun-Test" magazine?

Also, if I subscribe to the magazine will I have full access to the web site?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I get it. I have recieved it for years, off and on. I don't consider it the last word, as it is only a test of one of any type of weapon. I listen to and respect others opinions and use it as just more input to refer to. I think an error was made in the last one, MAY 2002...Rugers KP-95, where they say, the "K" prefix denotes a decocker...I always thought it meant stainless on all their products, with "DC" designating decocker.  And yes, you will have full access to the Gun-Tests web site, with a subscription. You must use the numbers on your mailing label, when it arrives.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
GT makes for an entertaining read.  Many folks don't like it because they are too quick to damn a whole line of guns based on the flaws of an individual sample.  

I don't follow their "buy-don't buy" ratings, they are often too far out of my price range anyway.  For instance they may rate a Wilson Combat CQB a "buy" at $1800, and rate a Springfield Loaded at $550 as a "don't buy" in the same breath, because of something minor like the rear sight being loose in the dovetail.  

Well, guess which one I'm likely to buy anyway?

They ought to abandon their buy/don't buy ratings and just stick to describing, objectively, how the guns shot and functioned.  Maybe some comments about what features they liked and didn't like.  Most anybody who's been around this hobby long enough isn't going to take much advice from Gun Tests anyway.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Gun Tests and Shotgun News are the two must have gun mags. I don't always agree with their opinion but they explain it enough I can make up my own mind.

I also keep the issues in case I decide to buy a gun later. Their web site is also useful for this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top