Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2002 5:03:57 AM EDT
This followed me home so I guess I have to feed it.

S&W 45acp, factory refurbished??? (there are R's stamped on almost every part; barrel, frame, cylinder and yoke), wrong grips but I'll take care of that. Last patent date 1909 and a four digit serial number. US Gummint stamped and US ARMY Model 1917 stamped. All serial numbers and inventory numbers match. Tighter than many new ones. Bore and cylinders looked like they had never been fired. Not one sign of rust or corrosion, none. Markings crisp and clean, again, appears to have never been sanded or redone. Satin finish, not sure if Parkerized or blue?

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Like an idiot, I traded my 1917 a few months ago.  Those grips, I think, would be correct on the commercial model 1917, like I had.  Mine was unusually mint, with color cased hammer and trigger and no wear! My trade was for a minty model 28 AND two NIW italian Beretta 15 round mags AND a NIW butler creek 25 rounder for a 10/22. I only had $175 in it, admittedly a bargain! (I still have an original old box or auto rims for the 1917.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top