Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 11:53:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This may not be true. There is no infomation on CCI-Speers website and np dealer I've contacted has been notified. It looks like someone posted this over on AR and since then it's taken on a life of its own.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the answer, directly from Guy Neill at CCI/Speer

Subj: RE: cci-ammunition.com - Ask the Expert  
Date: 4/22/2002 10:35:14 AM Central Daylight Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

There were some problems with primers dating to last summer.  We are
recalling all Gold Dot sold to law enforcement as a general safeguard.
Overall it is not a large problem, but we felt, due to the nature of law
enforcement, that the recall was the correct course of action.  Most will
never experience a problem.

The problems have been corrected.  There have been very few actual
occurrences of problems, but the law enforcement recall is a precautionary
procedure.

Guy Neill
CCI-Speer Technical Services
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's the answer, directly from Guy Neill at CCI/Speer

That so & so just said I was not as important as LEO's...

How many 'some problems' in my personal safety???

How many FTF are there in a 'Very few occurances' when MY life is dependant???

Precautionary is me takin this crap outta MY firearms, PERIOD...

There is a lot list, he acts as though its nothing...I told him, DONT piss on my head and tell me its raining.....

HYDRA-SHOKS......!!!!!

Join Kmart in hell Speer.......S&W, Kmart, Speer...If you only came clean, but to lie on THIS scale??? NO WAY!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
CavVet, put your tinfoil cap on, everything will be alright in a few minutes!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you wil read the initial recall notice ...

An unauthorized change in manufacturing process was made back in late September, This
resulted in primers being used that did not meet specifications. Those primers are
mostly used for ammo going to Government Contract shipments. However some of the ammo
does go out through distributors to local and state contracts.

This states the ammo was sold to LEOs not civilians, so where do you het the idea that he considers YOU a second class citizen, unless you are pilfering LEO issue ammo, remove the chip from your shoulder and chill out  

I am not pilfering anything, and have no chip. I resent the inplication. If YOU read the post, the key word there is mostly..If you read on there are mere mortals that DO indeed have ammo on the recall list....

And I wondered why this area had such light traffic even with constant advertising on the other board.....Now I know

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This may not be true. There is no infomation on CCI-Speers website and np dealer I've contacted has been notified. It looks like someone posted this over on AR and since then it's taken on a life of its own.

It's true.  I, and another member here just exchanged our ammo.  I'll let him relate an experience with that lot of ammo...
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
CavVet is right!  How f*cking dare they determine that non-leo aren't "worth as much" as leo.  Jeeez - that's what they're saying!

Believe me - the 50 rnd per box stuff makes its way to the civilian market.

I am not worried *too* much about the safety implications - I bought a 500 round case of the "reclassified" 124gr +p to load into all of my pistols.  (hey - give me a break - I've have a "few" mags to load for my defensive pistols - and a few hungry mouths to feed at home - and I WAS carrying 115 gr Win white box ball!)

I **AM** worried about their "concern for leo only" attitude!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Question for all who are so outraged.  Has anyone contacted CCI/Speer or even Guy Neill to see what they will do for the civilians (non-LEO) buyers of their ammo?

Hey, I don't use Gold Dot so I have nothing involved in this, but everyone seems to want to be offended about the implied attitude without knowing what, if any, policy is in place to exchange civilian purchased, non-contracted sales ammo.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, since everyone got pissed off with CCI/Speer, I contacted Guy Neill again and asked him about civilian sales of Gold Dot.  Here is his reply and a contact number if you are concerned about Gold Dot ammo you may have on hand.
Beachboy

Gold Dot Recall

A Gold Dot ammunition recall was recently issued for specific products made for, and shipped to, Law Enforcement and Government customers. The problem was an extremely infrequent misfire condition caused by a new primer production process.

Relatively few commercial Gold Dot part numbers were made and shipped using the new production process, which has since been discontinued.

If you are concerned about the Gold Dot ammunition you have purchased, please feel free to call toll free 800-627-3640 and ask Technical Service for assistance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top