Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 9:45:02 AM EDT
Thought this might be seen more here than on the HK forum.....
Got a chance to buy a used HK USPC40 tomorrow night.....NO idea what it is worth, etc. Never had one, always wanted one.
Particulars are posted at handguns.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=1238
Thanks for any help you can offer, I know you won't steer me wrong
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hannah, I responded to the other site. 40 is a good round. I use 135grain hollow points at 1325 fps (Cor Bon) I load the same round. You will love the gun. I use a Beretta Cougar 8040 with night sites and a Galco holster with mag pouch for two mags on the other side. balances well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Aren't good used ones running around $550?  Got my full size 9mm with box a couple of years ago for $475.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Hannah......I used to have a blue book...but it`s old now.....what I found recently is if you go to davidson`s web site...you can get blue book value on a gun right there.....the other thing is comb through gunbroker.com and see if there are any listings for what you`re trying to get.......it`s a bitch for sure when you`re faced with a decision and have to maybe take a chance....I`ve been in both situations....where i waited and lost.....and where I jumped and found I could have got a better price......USUALLY....I wait....and things work out better for me.....I have found that if there is doubt....let it ride...get better educated....and eventually....a good deal comes along......this works about 90% of the time for me nowdays........but I HAVE let one or two go that I am still kicking myself over...MANY moons later.....Good luck...KK..
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, dear friends.....
This deal is showing up here in 30 minutes, (jumped the gun, so to speak) and all your input has been valuable indeed.
Again, many thanks, I will try to Presbyterian him down a bit from his asking price
Woohoo, I may soon have my very own H&K!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#7]
If you buy it, here's someone on the FAL Files who's selling mags:

www.falfiles.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010989
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, countless delays and weird shit...the deal went bad.
I shut it down.
Too many things didnt sound right.
Discretion, valor, and greed.
Discretion won.
Thanks for all the help anyway, appreciate it friends
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably a good call.  When your gut feelings say there's something wrong, there usually is.

Ross
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
What's that saying again...." If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top