Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 7:15:17 PM EDT
I bought a Star Model "B" 9mm from SOG.

It has Model "P08" written on the barrel. Is this a German/Nazi mark implying the gun was used in WW2.
I assume the "P08" marking means it uses the same ammo as the Luger.

I apreciate any help.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Being introduced in 1928, it wouldnt surprise me if the Nazis used them as another "non standard" issue, quite like the Polish Radom and FN hi-power. My book says it is 9MM parabellum, (luger) and has a 9 shot magazine. Of all the Spanish firearms, Star is one of the better ones.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
There were some Star B's used by the Germans, about 35,000.  I don't know the exact SN range but they did have waffenamts.  Unfortunately there is speculation that some less-than-scrupulous dealers faked waffenamts on some recently imported Star B's.  The Star B was manufactured until 1984, if you can believe it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
No that's not a Nazi Waffenstamp. These were surplus police and military pistols in Spain and those are the amory stamp.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help. Their is the "PO8" marking but no other Wermacht acceptance marks so I just think I have a run of the mill Star.

For $180, I would recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top