Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2002 6:15:26 AM EDT
What is your opinion on these?  Are they a just a 1911 clone in 9mm?  Anybody ever shot one?  I was thinking about getting one since they are a C&R.  Thanks, guns762
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one in January along with a Ballister Molina. It is a much better gun than the Ballister.
It came in looking real grungy, but it cleaned up real nice.

The only downside I see is finding replacement magazines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big fan of the B and the B super. My favorite STAR though is the STAR UltraStar 9mm. It's pretty close to the best 9mm that I have.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Go ahead and get one.  Mine's a great shooter.  It's about a 70% clone of the 1911, but there are some very big differences with the trigger system.  I like it quite a bit, and it's a very comfortable gun to shoot. Here's a picture of it:

I used Brownell's teflon-moly spray to refinish it and I cleaned up the grips and finished them with tung oil.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
My gosh, Ken, that looks sharp! I wouldnt hesitate to "bulk up" my collection with at least one of those!
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My gosh, Ken, that looks sharp! I wouldnt hesitate to "bulk up" my collection with at least one of those!

Thanks... I have only two complaints about the Star B... 1) it's too narrow to fit well into a 1911 holster, 2) dry-firing tends to break the firing pin.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Also may want to check firing pin length, they may not be rebounding type. My FRS model could not be carried hammer down over a live round because firing pin rested on the round! Your original firing pin may have been replaced long before you aquired it. Who knows where from and if it was even heat treated. I would have a few on hand and keep dry firing off the list of things to do. A snap cap or piece of rubber tubing in the rear of slide would make the firing pin live longer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one B in blue and two Super B in Starvel. Also got a little brother S in .380..You can get
extra factory replacemnt mags from Jerry Thomason at CDNN investments in Texas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top