Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:26:06 PM EDT
Found this at Wally World for $5 bucks. Its seems to work well, yes, I know its no quick draw.  What would you put in this man purse as a bug out bag? It goes on my strong side belt, wallet in the outside pocket. Its very comfortable in hot weather with shorts and T-shirt. Current contents, Keltec PF9, Gerber knife,  pilot pen, I-phone, butane lighter. I'm going to add a few fishing hooks/line and a 10' length of para cord.

I have modifided it some by putting a small piece of thin plywood  in the body side panel so it hangs much better.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
wrong area. IBTM
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it could be moved to the "Right" area?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool if it works for you but I think my MTAC, or a similar holster, which is much faster to access is a better way to go. The camo pattern and "remington" are a bit of a give away too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cool if it works for you but I think my MTAC, or a similar holster, which is much faster to access is a better way to go. The camo pattern and "remington" are a bit of a give away too.

I've been in and out of walmart 20 times wearing it,, I'm in the south,, no problems. Some guys here would need this to carry all their Skoal or Redman. Of course, I have a CCWP,, and I don't care if someone thinks I'm carrying. Like I said,, shorts and T-shirt carry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in and out of walmart 20 times wearing it,, I'm in the south,, no problems. Some guys here would need this to carry all their Skoal or Redman. Of course, I have a CCWP,, and I don't care if someone thinks I'm carrying. Like I said,, shorts and T-shirt carry.

I understand that it carries well, is perfectly legal, and no one has said anything to you about it but my point is what if you actually have to use your gun? What if you're in a gas station while it gets robbed and the robber demands your bag upon seeing it?

I'm just saying it's far from optimal IMO. Since you're only carrying a PF9 I'd just throw it in a pocket holster but I hated my PF9 (that's another story in and of itself).
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Understand your point,, gas station robber would be in the sights my then.. Why did you hate your PF9?  I have over 500 rds of FMJ  though it without  a hickup??? PS,, FMJ is all I carry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I only took my PF9 to the range once, ran roughly 100rds FMJ + 15rds Speer GDHP through it, I could barely hit my target (18x11) at 10 paces, it was brutal to shoot, I had to really change my grip to shoot it properly, the trigger sucked, and it broke. There was a small piece that broke in the frame and there was another issue with barrel not seating properly, I don't remember exactly. But I sent it back to KelTec, they fixed it, and I quickly sold it.

I now carry a M&P9c and have no complaints. I thought I'd need a small gun to conceal well on my smaller frame but my M&P in MTAC at 4-5 o'clock conceals perfectly w/o changing my style of dress. As far as ammo, I'm a firm believer in a reliably expanding HP especially in 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear that,, My PF9 shoots  a 4" circle at 10 yds.   Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Man purse IMHO
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like something you will leave in the booth at Applebees and some kid finds it and shoots his eye out.  Can you say lawsuit.

Holster is always best way to go IMO but if that is what works for you and you are effective with it to each his own.

ETA what do you do when you have to draw knife to use or the iPhone to answer the wife or kids that kind of exposes everything right?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm putting together a puzzle here so I have a question. Do you carry with one in the chamber or an extra magazine? How long have you been carrying?

Pieces to puzzle so far are:

-Carrying 9mm FMJ
-Using large pouch holder that opens sideways where contents would fall out if opened quickly with large "Remington" on the side
-This is in the wrong section and your not sure which is the right one
-you have a gun small enough to be worn IWB or even pocket carry but your using a large pouch instead. I had a PF9 and I could not even tell I had a gun on me IWB as soon as I put it in the holster.
-waiting for answer
-waiting for answer
-waiting for answer

I'm sure at least a few people will know what I'm getting at. (I don't mean troll either)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Gecko45?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Please don't taker offense; but IMO that setup  is merely a way to have a knife and a gun in your possession and feel good about it without really being properly armed.

Presentation in the event your pistol is needed; would be a nightmare as well as dangerous.

IMO; you've chosen poorly regarding your ammunition too.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the North and I've been in and out of Walmart with a Glock in an OWB holster without so much as a second glance. My back pocket has worked fine for my Skoal ,   Redman ,   Copenhagen for years.

OP: If you are that concerned with concealment, just get an IWB.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
What if you get in a scuffle and someone rips the bag off your belt?  Then the gun wouldn't just be slow and difficult to present, it would be almost impossible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree with everyone else.  You would be served much better by a quality kydex or leather holster...and some JHPs.  If your gun won't feed them reliably; get a different gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top