Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:56:37 PM EDT
Hello, well I went ahead and got a little .32 Seecamp now I'm just trying to pick out a holster for it.  I'm wanting a front pocket carry and I'm considering three styles, so if anyone with any first hand knowledge is greatly appreciated.  I'm kind of leaning towards the double wing or batman as it looks like a more stable platform in the pocket, I wear four different brands of pants for work and casual along with three different brands of overalls so my pocket size is all over the place.

standard

double wing

batman

EDIT: I saw the stickied leather and holster links in this section and didn't think twice but I guess this probably needs to go into the handgun accessory section
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one similar to the double wing made by a different leather craftsman than Meco... RJ Hedley, the guy that taught Robert to make the holsters.  

You will be happy with either the double or the batman.  I have heard from several people that have the Batman and love them.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I've got Meco's pics but of the three makers I've contacted over the last few weeks (who where helped by RJ Hedley), Lisa Hedley has been the only one to answer my E-mails and try to help me.  I've Googled like crazy and cant find any info on peoples experiences with the batman holster.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Then order from Lisa.  Get the merlin, which is what I have.  You will be happy with it.

ETA, Lisa took over when RJ died.  The merlin is similar to the double sided.  I would have recommended the Merlin originally, but wasn't sure whp you had talked to.  I have four of the merlins and a couple of early ones from MECO.  At that time his were not as good as RJ's.  The ones Lisa is making are as good as her dad's.

You can read a lot on hers at the Seecamp forum.

Lisa Hedley's holsters
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been snooping around the Seecamp Forum lately but it looks almost dead right now.  I am going to use Lisa, she has even offered to make several different holsters for me to try out and keep the one I want and send back the rest but I'm not going to do that to her, and she has offered to do a custom as well.  Since they all pretty much use the same styles even the batman looks like a Del Fatti style to me.  I was originally going to go with the Merlin but wanted some real world input on the styles other than just me picking out holsters from the pics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an old Galco that works very well.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to give the basic Merlin a shot (Lisa has been great!), and maybe go all out on a fancy batman later on in the future.  I just found a holster called the recluse, for me I think it might be perfect I emailed the company and they said the Seecamp is in the future but they just haven't bought one yet.  So if y'all like the idea please email the company and push for the little Seecamps. ([email protected])
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
good choice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top