Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2010 4:54:18 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good smith in this area? Looking to have a pair of Big Dots installed and a C&S safety, maybe get the trigger cleaned up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:07:29 PM EDT
I installed Cylinder & Slides safety and hammer and removed the magazine safety simply following their instructions. I am not a gunsmith. You have to go slow, removing very little metal from the safety each time until it just works. Too much metal removal and you get two options, buy another C&S safety or reinstall your original unit.

It helps to work inside a large zip lock storage bag in case you have an accident. Don't ask me how I know this. I lost the first detent plunger when it got launched across the room. I called C&S and they sent me another. I lost it too, but found the original when searching.

The safety is much better as is the trigger. Beats the hell out of paying someone, got a learning experience a and didn't have to ship it away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:31:16 PM EDT
Bill Springfield lives in Co. Springs and does very nice work for reasonable money. http://www.triggerwork.net/

I'd suggest contacting him and see what he says if you gon't feel comfortable doing the work yourself.
Top Top