Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2002 12:23:44 PM EDT
Has anyone seen one, or have pics? I`ve seen them advertised in the Gun List. I was wondering if they`re just a chopped barrel or a true compact. And is it the new DA or the SA?. FN`s website isn`t really carrying much info on it. It sounded intriguing. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
The only compact HiPower I've heard about is the Detective model by FM, but then I don't get out much. Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:08:15 PM EDT
From the 1911forum:

"FN HP-DA Compact
There is a new and very limited model available through FN Law Enforcement channels. I know this because I just got one directly from FN through my business relationship with them.

It is the new FN HP-DA that was reviewed in American Handgunner a couple of issues back, except it has a 4" barrel and a shorter grip frame to accomodate a 10 round magazine with no extra. They only imported 80 into the US so far, and I understand the production run is only 800 total.

It's distribution through LEO channels is a bit strange because there is nothing legally limiting, it's just a very limited production and they thought that would be the primary interest area and they have distribution control there.

You know, I actually no use whatsoever for it, I bought it just because it is unique and offered to me. It is neat, a double action, commander sized, made in Belgium FN HP."

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:14:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:35:15 AM EDT
Thanks for the responses!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:13:48 PM EDT
Well, I went ahead and ordered it. It should be here anyday now. Itll definitely be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:32:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:19:41 AM EDT
'Tis a thing of beauty. The only thing I would do is ramp the front sight as snags would suck in time of need. Or am I being picky again?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 5:21:08 PM EDT
What Bearlaker said, FM (Fabricaciones Militares) produces a model called detective, wich IS a real compact model, the grip is the same size though. 13+1 rounds, combat sights, and blued, nickeled, and two colors. They are about 250 pesos here...that's 150 american.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:54:36 PM EDT
Well I`m still waiting. The butt head dealer didn`t order the pistol when I had asked him to. The distributer wanted a certified check from him(my dealer) since he hadn`t done business with before. Well my dealer didn`t want to do that. Fine, but you`d think he`d call me since he had my phone #? Nope. I even checked in once a week, and none of the people had a clue. Needless to say I`m annoyed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:27:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:57:02 PM EDT
No, I figured I`d hold that in reserve. That and a pistol purchased at a competitor for less! But this is really the first time I`ve had a problem with this dealer. So maybe I should be a little more forgiving?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:57:33 AM EDT
Top Top