Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 5:24:11 PM EDT
Evening, I shoot a Belgium HP, standard sights, estimate it was made in the late 50's (has an "a" prefix sn on front gripstrap)good condition but not at all accurate. At 20 yds can't get better than 10" groups. I hand load 124g lrn pushed by 5.6grs of Unique, at same distance with a Colt Trooper using .38s I can hit 3" all day, same with a 1911A1 and a Ruger Blackhawk in .45. so I don't think its ammo or me. I have not removed magazine safety but have been shooting it weekly for about a year. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi axl.
Besides the obvious...barrel bulges or smooth rifling, I wonder how loose it is?
By the condition, can you tell how many "miles" are on it?
A lot of 9MMs just don't like lead, an investment in some jacketed loads may prove that out.
I don't even bother reloading lead projectiles for 9s anymore.
On all my 9MMs they lead the barrel, you may not notice it as it's smooth, affecting any hopes of accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing you do is swap ammo & try a box or two of factory.

Also have someone else shoot the gun, that way you eliminate your shooting style as the culprit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions, the gun is tight racks well, no rattles, malfunctions are absoultey none, and I scrub the barrel very well every time I shoot it. I've still got some factory around somewhere, will bring a box of it out next time. Will also get somone else to shoot it.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
how "heavy" is the trigger pull? that might be one of the reasons.
HUNTER.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't measured it but it is heavier than my Colt Trooper. But I know that, its just that I can put 2 shots dead on and the next three float. I shoot 5 rounds, slow time, knees bent, two hands, half exhale, both eyes open, tip of finger steady pull. Based on what I do with my other shooters I don't think its me. Haven't tried the other ammo yet. Thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top