Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:22:42 PM EDT
Just picked up a new one. Seems to have everything I could ever want. High capacity, 16+1. Sig-like grip. Cocked and locked carry. Light like a Glock. The only thing that concerns me is the number of parts it seems to have.

Any downsides to this thing, besides the price of a new one compared to the FNP?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:28:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dport:

Any downsides to this thing, besides the price of a new one compared to the FNP?

Resell value would be a concern for me, IMO. These things aren't setting any sales records, I doubt a used one would fly out the door either.

Spare mag availability would perhaps be another area of concern as well.

OTOH, if you can score a dozen or so hi-caps & you like the gun, none of this should worry you, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:52:45 PM EDT
I found 16 round mags. So that's not a concern.

I never buy a gun thinking about the resale value. Well, if I buy a handmade muzzle loader then that's the exception.

The only drawbacks I've seen so far, is the lack of things like Crimson Trace Lasergrips available for it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:37:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dport:

The only drawbacks I've seen so far, is the lack of things like Crimson Trace Lasergrips available for it.

That would be a plus in my book.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:46:00 PM EDT
Got back from the range. It's a very good gun. I have noticed, however, that I have gotten away with bad technique with a Glock that I can't get away with with the Browning.

Now to find a holster.
Top Top