Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 11:42:18 AM EDT by 00_buckshot]
Hi guys. It's been awhile since I last posted here. I took a much needed break from shooting after fall ended.

Anyway to celebrate my return to shooting I went out and purchased a Buckmark Standard w/nickel plated barrel and slide. I got to shoot it a little yesterday and so far so good. Points nice & seems to be very accurate with Dynapoints, which is the only ammo I have at the time. I'm looking forward to shooting different types through it to see what it likes best when I get a little more time and the weather warms up.

I'm thinking that I would like to add an optic to the pistol to allow me to shoot it a little more accurately and also for this summer when I get a chance to turn it on some very unlucky gophers and rabbits. I am looking for a good optics mount to replace the factory mount and a good but inexpensive red dot.

As far as the mount goes I have no idea which ones are good and which ones are bad. For the optic I was eying a Truglo 2X red dot that sells for around $70. Can anyone recommend a good mount and perhaps a good sight? If at all possible I don't want to spend anymore than $150 on an optic and I don't imagine a good mount should cost me anymore than $50 to $60.

Thanks for the help guys. It's good to be back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT
B-Square may be the best handgun mount out there, IMO. They're not expensive but they're well made, IMO.

I would suggest a good quality handgun scope over a red dot as Mr. Murphy will let the battery die when you least want it to!

Lotsa good handgun scopes out there, IMO. Problem is, I want the most expensive ones!
Top Top