Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 7:52:53 PM EDT by bribowl]
I just bought this earlier today. I work in a newspaper and hear about all the gun ads before it gets published. I at least check out what they are worth and compare to their asking price. I love my job!
Anyways,. a lady put in an ad for 5 guns in, one was $200 for a unfired browning buck mark. I checked it out and they seem to be at least $250, she said it has the scope mount on, those ones seem to be more expensive, $350-450. So i go look at it and it doesnt have the scope mount of course, so i said ohhhh it doesnt have the mount, thats why i wanted it.....well... ill give you 125, she said ok.
Good deal?
My question is can i buy a mount to replace the top sight part? how much and where can i find one? about whats this one worth as is?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:15:14 PM EDT
Thats a great deal for $125. I have a B-Square mount for my Tasco Red-Dot scope on my Buckmark Camper. It was about $35.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:40:50 PM EDT
Great deal. I paid $219 plus tax for my Camper.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:43:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chokey:
Thats a great deal for $125. I have a B-Square mount for my Tasco Red-Dot scope on my Buckmark Camper. It was about $35.

Where did you get it? the only one i have found is on ebay, is this quality?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Browning-Buckmark-scope-mount-Black_W0QQitemZ7215957841QQcategoryZ7307QQssPageNam­eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SIG45ACP:
Great deal. I paid $219 plus tax for my Camper.

Yeah, looks like i got an excellent deal. Came with 5 boxes of cci mini mags too!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:12 PM EDT
yep, a great deal. i have the B-square mount too. Either way , be sure to use a little red lock tite on the top screws to keep em from backing out. Otherwise , eventually you will get primer strikes on the edge of the rim with FTF's. The gun I have is really accurate with a red dot on top.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:49:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocky9_5:
yep, a great deal. i have the B-square mount too. Either way , be sure to use a little red lock tite on the top screws to keep em from backing out. Otherwise , eventually you will get primer strikes on the edge of the rim with FTF's. The gun I have is really accurate with a red dot on top.

sorry, FTF = ?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:42:56 PM EDT
FTF=failure to fire
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:51:51 PM EDT
I should have known that ftf.......
Those damn screws were in very very tightly!! i was afraid of my allen wrench snapping trying to loosen then (after dropping a bunch of oil on top of them hoping some would seep in and loosen it up) They were in there good! They also have one of those jagged washer/spacer type things in it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:31:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 8:32:43 AM EDT by jchewie]
Excellent deal. I got a 98% Buckmark Micro (same as yours only it has a 4 inch barrel) for $175

Make sure those screws stay tight.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:49:26 PM EDT
I took it out to the range last weekend. i am somewhat dissapointed in it. I had feeding problems with most of my .22 ammo. It fed the CCI mini-mags decently but regular winchester completley sucked, same with federals, it was almost like the round was too long for the mag. the slide would pull the top bullet and the mag wouldnt be able to push the rest up for the next round to get fed in.
The mag is in excellent condition and theres nothing in there and its clean. It fed the cci's just fine. Only problem with the CCIs was i had a couple primer stikes with no ignition, re-cocked and they fired. The pistol (i was told) had never been fired and thats how it looked. There was a bit of grease underneath the screwed down part. Nothing in the barrel, a bit of "gunk" on the feedramp.
The sights are pretty crude for a target pistol i think. I cant wait to get rid of those and throw on a red dot. As far as accuracy goes though i was happy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:59:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bribowl:
There was a bit of grease underneath the screwed down part.

Strip that bad boy down and clean all the grease out and then lube it good. I just bought the same Buckmark you have, although for no where near the deal you got, and when I stripped it down it had grease all over the internals. I lubed it up with CLP and a little Tetra on the slide rails and never had one feeding or firing problem out of 150 rounds fired of Winchester Dynapoint.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:12:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 00_buckshot:

Originally Posted By bribowl:
There was a bit of grease underneath the screwed down part.

Strip that bad boy down and clean all the grease out and then lube it good. I just bought the same Buckmark you have, although for no where near the deal you got, and when I stripped it down it had grease all over the internals. I lubed it up with CLP and a little Tetra on the slide rails and never had one feeding or firing problem out of 150 rounds fired of Winchester Dynapoint.

Thats the first thing i did with it (and with any other gun i buy) strip that thing down and give it a thorough cleaning, so thats not the problem. I shot 100 cci mini mags through it and probably had 5 or 6 "issues" with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:22:02 PM EDT
Contact Browning and get a couple of spare buffers, you'll need them eventually.
Top Top