Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/23/2006 7:45:33 AM EDT
I have a MkIII #245NW74*** that is about to take a trip to Novak's for either the Home Defense Package plus a few extras or, what I'd really like but keep looking at the $$$, the Special Ops Package.

In any event, I am looking at the block on their work order form for the sight-in...what round? what distance?

Well, I have heard two schools of thought on the use of +p and +p+. I shoot +P+ 115gr. Gold Dots loaded by Georgia Arms in my Beretta 92FS & Glock 17. Bill Laughridge of Cylinder & Slide has repeatedly said: No +p in Hi Powers!!!

What do I want to do? If I stick to standard pressure loads, are we in agreement on Stephen Camp's recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:59:32 AM EDT
Stephen Camp know his business and his findings based on testing are IMHO pretty damn good. I don't practice with +P's but I do carry for SD loads. Shooting +P's occasionally will not harm your HP but making a regular diet might lead to excessive wear on the pistol. Plus there are some pretty good self defense loads that are not +P's available.

RC
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:12:53 PM EDT
I have a Novak's spec ops and love it. Make sure you post pics when it comes back!

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/

For info from Stephen Camp.
Top Top