Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 3:29:25 PM EDT
Saw a FN Browning Hi Power in pawn on Friday.   Matte blue... Extremely good condition, hardly evefr fired.  I dropped an offer of $275 cash on the barrelhead, and the guy accepted it.  !!!  

As I was leaving after going through ffl approval, I could hear the manager yelling at the guy who let me get out the door at that price.   I love deals like this.

So, now I'm in the club .   What are the best mags, etc., for these?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the club, from your northern neighbor!!

mecgar mags work great for mine...

now sell that bhp to me,,,, and
show us some pics!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys:

I have some questions for the group:

1.   How common are those magazines with the little "ejector" spring.   The gun came with one and it really works well in terms of letting the mags drop free.

2.   How does one go about removing the magazine disconnect.   The trigger on this thing is different depending on the magazine that's in the gun... which I don't like.     Is the mag disconnect more often left in or removed?

3.  There's a little line that I scan see traversing around the chamber area of the barrel.   It seems too "clean" to be a crack.   Do high powers use a two piece barrel?!   Or is mine cracked?!

4.  I"ve got one of the ones with dovetails in front and back for sights.   What nightsights do you all recommend?

5   Tell me about ths SFS thing that I keep reading about.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]
welcome to the club!

this web site will have a lot of your answers

www.hipowersandhandguns.com/
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I also joined the club today.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
hobbs... thanks for your post....  don't know why you deleted it, but I appreciate the advice on the mag disconnect...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top