Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Man...I'd really love to get a hi power one day.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's a nice sample. Posted not because I think it is a good value but because the link contains some good pics.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889059934
View Quote

That is stunning. Supposedly FEG put nicer finishes on the Mauser marked guns.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Old girl's been around the block a few times:

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That will probably clean up pretty well. A bead blasted finish and a fresh dip in the Park tank will make that thing look good.

I don't know if I'd spring for the full $750 package. What I'd probably do is new sights, trigger and reliability job and maybe a re-crown of the barrel. Add a refinish and some new grips and you'd have a really nice shooter.

The Action Works in AZ has a Basic Street Package that covers most of this. I assume Don wouldn't charge a whole lot extra to refinish the frame and other parts while he's refinishing the slide.

View Quote

Yeah. It's a matter of figuring out what needs to be done and saving up the money. I'll have to see if Action Works will work on FEGs.

This is my first foray into the world of Browning HPs. Trigger is thin and awful, safety is hard to actuate and not very positive in engagement. The sights aren't great either.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I had all those issues on an Israeli surplus Hi Power. If Don will work on it, you will get a great product. I was going to send mine out but the wait times are pretty lengthy. So I decided to work on mine so I fitted a new hammer and safety from C&S. I also sent it to Novaks for sights. I am happy with the results. I did remove the magazine disconnect safety and that helped the trigger but my next step will be to purchase a wide trigger. C&S has one but I heard that BHP Springs is coming out with one with combination of springs to adjust.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Melvin_,
Your post got me to got back into working on an Israeli surplus gun. I installed a new C&S Hammer and it works great. I do have a question about the slide dragging on the hammer. With the hammer cocked, the slide goes back and hits the top corner of the hammer and causes the hammer to push slightly back further just a little bit, causing some drag. It did this with the stock hammer as well. I know that this isn’t an issue when firing as the slide has to cock the hammer. But in the pursuit of “smoothness”, is this an area that smiths work on? I have an older SM&A Hi Power and the slide is super smooth and does not hitch on the cocked hammer at all. It looks like the top front corner of that hammer is slightly more radiused than the stock or C&S hammer. Hopefully I worded this correctly. Does your Hi Powers engage the hammer this way? I wonder if I can take down the front corner some.
Thank you for the help.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#12]
years ago AIM had surplus hi-powers with aluminium frame for sale.

Very very rough looking surplus, I might add.
Not sure if aluminium frame is good for +P or not.

But at the time I was thinking to get one of those and then do custom refinish and upgrade.
I missed the opportunity, but hope others got them and applied this custom work.

Hi-powers (and berettas) are just eye candy of the handguns. I can look at those pictures forever :-).
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top