Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2017 11:56:46 AM EDT
I'm wanting to pick up a new hi power but all the usual places local and online I know have none. There are 2 models still shown as a current production item according to Browning's website.  I have emailed them asking when or if they will run another batch of them but haven't heard back yet.  Anyone know of a place that some?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought they were all discontinued.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought they were all discontinued.
View Quote
Browning's site has 2 listed under the current models and also has a section showing all discontinued models.

ETA: just browsed thru the discontinued models and they are all the .40 cal. and special edition models
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I know, I just thought all the scuttlebutt was that they were all discontinued. They sure disappeared fast, new ones were all over Gunbroker at this time last year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Well it’s official. I emailed browning asking when another run will be shipped. They responded and said they no longer will produce them and the last batch was shipped in March
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well it’s official. I emailed browning asking when another run will be shipped. They responded and said they no longer will produce them and the last batch was shipped in March
View Quote
That's sad
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Power supplies have always been spotty.  They import them in batches and depending on where we are in the import cycle you may or may not be able to find one.  

Believe it or not the HP isn't all that popular in this country.  It has a loyal following but in the giant scheme of things it's always lagged in sales.  A lot of people say they want one, until they look at the price tag or try the trigger.

I can't say I'm surprised Browning/FN finally pulled the plug.  I doubt they've had a military contract in decades and the civilian market for an expensive, all steel, single action nine with a so so trigger just isn't that great.  

I like them but a FEG scratched my itch several years ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#7]
There are some surprisingly nice surplus ones out there.  They are a better value, IMO.  Both of mine are surplus, one an FN licensed FM (Argie) for the Carabineros de Chile contract (serial no. 3 for the contract), the other an FN made for the Israelis.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
PM sent
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if that means FN is going to stop making them.  Or does it make them for the European market?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if that means FN is going to stop making them.  Or does it make them for the European market?
View Quote
Multiple reports that FN is done making them completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top