Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 1:44:24 AM EDT
I picked this up today and I'm having trouble researching what I bought.   It seems to be a competition model with extended controls, a thinned out trigger and an adjustable rear sight I believe to be Mec-Gar.   Magazines drop freely and the disconnect is deactivated.
The gun appears to be factory new and I see no evidence of gunsmithing.
Has anybody seen one of these before?
Pics:

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The controls were standard on many of those guns. That sight is undoubtedly a replacement.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a 1st generation P9M.

The 1911 style extended slide release was standard as was the extended safety lever, although the commercial pistols sometimes have some variation based on parts on hand.

The sight looks like a Millet.

The trigger doesn't look thinner as much as reproofed across the front, but none of the FEGs came that way from the factory.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Been doing some research and noticed I do not have a pin in the trigger.   Is it a C&S by chance?   Is that why it looks so thin?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My first thought was that it sure looks like a C&S wide trigger.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Confirmed.  
I have a standard rear sight and grips on the way along with a couple Wolff springs.   The C&S trigger is icing on the cake for a $260 investment.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm 99% sure the rear sight is an LPA. they go for just under $100. The letters should be stamped on the side if I recall. So you made off very well on the purchase.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It says "Made in Italy" on the bottom.   I think it is Mec-Gar.  
That rear sight sits too high to zero the sights, even on it's lowest setting.   I bought the matching white dot rear sight from Numrich and that one sits too low to zero.
The rear of the slide is milled for the adj. rear but I can't tell if it was done at the factory.
The only pic I could find with the same rear sight was on a Hungarian with a taller front sight so I'm not sure what to do now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
You have a couple options.

1. The FEG dove tail is just very slightly larger than the dove tail Sig Sauer uses.  Their rear sights will work, but if the fit is a bit loose, you'll need to drill and tap the rear sigh for a set screw.  CDNN usually has Sig sights for sale for $4-$6.  

2. Numerich Arms has the 2 dot FEG P9 sights in stock in both high and low sizes at $24 each.

FEG rear sights

------

You really don't need an adjustable sight on a Hi Power.   I've found that my Hi Powers and FEG P9s will shoot to point of aim at 15 yards and 25 yards with the standard fixed sights and full power 124 gr ammo.  The difference at social shooting difference in the 5 yard range is around .5" low.   At 50 yards it's all of 1" low.  Install a fixed rear sight, drift adjust it for windage and forget about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Confirmed.  
I have a standard rear sight and grips on the way along with a couple Wolff springs.   The C&S trigger is icing on the cake for a $260 investment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confirmed.  
brag thread.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Dakota.   When I ordered the rear sight, I didn't realize there were two sizes.   I probably would have ordered the low anyway since I have the basic front nub.   I installed the high the other day and now it shoots point of aim.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Research info about your FEG....

http://www.hungariae.com/FegPJK.htm

cut and paste.

Aloha, Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top