Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 11:54:29 AM EDT
Buddy of mine stopped by on his way to an out of town gunshow just now. He has recently decided to "clean out" his gun room...PILES of shit, literally PILES.

He had a huge plastic tub of miscellaneous magazines including many for the Hi Power. I passed on the Pro Mags and KRD's- even though some have had decent luck with the KRD's over the years. I did snag three Mec Gars and then four "mystery" mags.

The mystery mags were in plastic bags marked "Sile, New York, New York, HI Power Magazine"....I know Sile was a firearms importer for many years. The magazines have a dark, black finish, kinda rough, hold 13 rounds, they have a two peg synthetic black follower- just like Mec Gars. They are stamped simply, "Made in Italy" in small letters on the left side near the base plate. They were new but pretty grungy from storage, I think they may originally have had some oil on them that has attracted a decades worth of dirt and crap....All cleaned up nicely with some FP10....

I gave him $50 for the 7 Hi Power mags, half a dozen Pre Ban, black follower AR mags- Okays and Adventurelines set of grips for a Smith Wesson Model 41 and a Molle Pouch of some sort that I can probably find a use for. Figure I did ok....There used to be a really good FAQ on Hi Power mags but it's drifted off the Internet of Things as far as I can tell....
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
....There used to be a really good FAQ on Hi Power mags but it's drifted off the Internet of Things as far as I can tell....
View Quote

Hi Power Magazine FAQ
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thats' the one! Thanks.

It mentions SILE magazines in passing stating that they are good, "Italian" made magazines. I have tried the ones I have in two Hi Powers here at the office. They don't want to drop free but lock back and look like they should feed well......practice mags they are.....Cheap enough for that I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top