Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2016 8:24:04 PM EDT
I'm curious what you guys think.  

I have been searching for one of these for over a year now to build into a carry gun.  I finally found one local.  It looks to be Belgian police gun, and is in pretty rough condition.

It is functional, but would require a complete refinish, at the very least, and likely a bit of sear/trigger  work (it fails the click test).  

If it wasn't for the alloy frame I would definitely find another example but they seem to be as rare as hen's teeth.  I can't stop fantasizing about an all-metal full size pistol that weighs less than a Glock 17 and is single action.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
900 for a beat up browning 9mm pistol?

not even if I was drunk and flushed with cash would I buy it
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Edited because I didn't realize what forum I was in.

I wouldn't think $900 would be reasonable for a run of the mill pistol.  IIRC Aim had turn-ins for a lot cheaper (and that's probably about the condition this one is in by your description).

A Novak in decent condition?  That would be reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
AIM did,  several years ago.

I just haven't been able to find an alloy one anywhere since.

The alloy frame is really all i would be buying it for.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd hit gunbroker $900 for a used hi power is robbery...Maybe 500 to 650 tops for these FN Israelis
I bought two of them for less than $400 each, thinking $350 as an FFL..few years back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
They are wonderful pistols for carry after some suitable sights.  That price seems a little high, but if you can't find one cheaper, it's market value.
Here's mine- Lightweight with Heinie sights, C&S fire controls, and cerakote.

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
While I'm a big HP fan I wouldn't pay that much for an alloy gun that needs work.  I'd go for a plastic version of a CZ75 to save weight and bucks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The ones from AIM a couple years back were 500 IIRC, so I would say 900 is way out of the price range.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a Cylinder & Slide Grade III alloy framed one that I carried as a duty gun as a reserve officer for three years. Wonderfully easy to shoot and I only retired it to go to an Suarez RMR equipped Glock 19. The base guns are rare and IMHO prices will continue to increase on these, like land; "they ain't making any more".
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Considering the alloys are practically unobtainable, the prices are only going north.  For me an alloy is worth the investment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought an alloy HP in similar condition off Gun Broker back in October before the election.
Paid a little more than I thought it was worth at 795.00 because I really wanted one.

If you want it buy it, a few hundred dollars aint gonna change the day you retire .
If you get it post some pics so we can check the old girl out.

Like any of the surplus HPs that have come into the country recently, plan on spending a few more bucks to clean it up.
I'm building a custom carry out of mine, wont be cheap.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I gave $499.00 for my Alloy Framed Hi-Power in march of 2015. I would have given 2-300 more at that time. I have wanted one forever, when AIM had them then, I didn't hesitate. I ordered, and told my wife what I did. She asked why?, i said "It's my Grail Gun"

Saving up to have it worked on, not sure who I will send it to.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been watching gunbroker for a month or two for an alloy Hi-Power, nothing yet.  

What is the best search term?  I've been searching "alloy hi-power"
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been watching gunbroker for a month or two for an alloy Hi-Power, nothing yet.  

What is the best search term?  I've been searching "alloy hi-power"
View Quote

It will be a very rare find on GB. If someone that likes Hi Powers gets a Alloy Framed model, they rarely let them go. And they are a little rare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top