Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2016 1:47:38 AM EDT

this is a franken hi power I built from FEG frame and barrel, all surplus FN internals and slide stop, factory browning slide and ambi safety, herrett grips. total cost to me counting the sale of the original slide was under $250. It shoots better than my made in Belgium mk3 practical so I sold the practical and will probably never sell this one. If you didn't know any better you'd swear it was a factory browning. I removed the mag safety and the trigger is decent. I may send it to novaks at some point for their trigger job and night sights.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet.

My favorite is a 1959 Browning badged FN.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know that I have a favorite Hi Power, but this is my FEG P9 and it's very close.   It's just as accurate and just as reliable as my Mk III SFS Hi Power.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Mine is a FM M95 I got new for $279.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful pistolas, hombres.
Although I must admit that I love the looks of the classic ring-hammered pistols a little more than the spur ones. But I'll take either style if offered a great deal!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Beautiful pistolas, hombres.

Although I must admit that I love the looks of the classic ring-hammered pistols a little more than the spur ones. But I'll take either style if offered a great deal!
View Quote
thanks.I put the spur hammer on myself, I still have the original ring hammer in my  parts bin. I just wanted all the internals including the hammer to be FN/Browning. I even swapped out the mag release. Those parts were obtained from sarco back when they were still in New Jersey, and you could hand pick from a bin full of parts.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm with you on the spur hammer.  It makes the pistol look much better.

However, the round hammers don't bite me the way the spur hammer does.

The bobbed semi-spur hammer on the SFS Hi Powers also works really well to prevent hammer bite.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sweet.

My favorite is a 1959 Browning badged FN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/johnrippert/1959BHPes.jpg
View Quote

That's very cool. I have an original prewar Belgian army issue hi power made in 1938, it was the first one I'd ever seen in person in several years so I bought it. I'm also waiting on one like that to come in from gunbroker but it's one of the Israeli returns so the finish isn't as nice. Of course the seller won't accept atf ffl extension letters so I have to wait for the damned thing. It won't work in their software, and they don't have a workaround. Given that ATF is slow as shit on FFL renewals, they must lose a lot of sales because of that. At least they're willing to hold it for 6 months.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm with you on the spur hammer.  It makes the pistol look much better.

However, the round hammers don't bite me the way the spur hammer does.

The bobbed semi-spur hammer on the SFS Hi Powers also works really well to prevent hammer bite.
View Quote

That's funny, I always thought the ring hammers look better and I have a spur.  The grass is always greener.  

OP, that is a super nice gun.  Who cares if it's a franken HiPower?  As long as it works.  It looks real nice too.  And yeah, you don't really notice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's funny, I always thought the ring hammers look better and I have a spur.  The grass is always greener.  

OP, that is a super nice gun.  Who cares if it's a franken HiPower?  As long as it works.  It looks real nice too.  And yeah, you don't really notice.
View Quote
thanks, I really enjoy it, btw, the best part is including all the parts I got from sarco, the herrett grips, the FN/Browning slide and the original purchase price minus what I got for the original slide, I have about $220 into it. Oh, and it works flawlessly with everything I've put through it, including of course 124gr and 115gr ball, and various hollow points. I wouldn't hesitate to carry it if I needed to and I have on occasion.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome pistol.

I love my BHP.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
thanks, I really enjoy it, btw, the best part is including all the parts I got from sarco, the herrett grips, the FN/Browning slide and the original purchase price minus what I got for the original slide, I have about $220 into it. Oh, and it works flawlessly with everything I've put through it, including of course 124gr and 115gr ball, and various hollow points. I wouldn't hesitate to carry it if I needed to and I have on occasion.
View Quote

As opposed to the 760 mine was and I had issues with the sear that took money to iron out.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......  Where did you get the grips?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As opposed to the 760 mine was and I had issues with the sear that took money to iron out.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......  Where did you get the grips?
View Quote
bought them from CDNN a few years ago. They're Herretts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top