Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2016 9:53:14 PM EDT
Got this recently, an Aim Surplus FN Hi Power MKIII. Mechanically it's in excellent condition, but,as you can see it's definitely seen some use over the years The flash on the camera makes it look a little worse than it actually is in person..

Can't wait to take it out and shoot is as soon as possible. Looks a lot like the L9A1's I used to shoot. Love it!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[[/URL]

[/URL]

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
By the way, that's not a big scratch on the port side slide, just a wayward GSD hair that fell into the picture. It's shedding time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice OP, someday I'll be the proud owner of a well used BHP also.

You going to fix er up? Or leave it as is?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Right now, as is.....However, I was just looking at CCR Refinishing's website. I am so tempted.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd probably refinish that one and get a pair of grips.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! Talking about character....... If it were mine (which it isn't), I'd probably replace all the springs throughout depending on how I was going to use this tool. And by the way, I may have an extra magazine safety if you can't locate one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
That old girl's been around the block a few times.

I like it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I will replace the springs ASAP. Right now it's just going to be fun range pistol. But I may one day send it off for a good do-over.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will replace the springs ASAP. Right now it's just going to be fun range pistol. But I may one day send it off for a good do-over.
View Quote

Good deal. I recommend Browning for OEM springs. There are other sources of course, but original equipment is best in my opinion. If anything, replace recoil (17lb) spring and firing pin spring. You may be good to go on the rest for sometime.

http://www.browning.com/
800-322-4626
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
By the way, that's not a big scratch on the port side slide, just a wayward GSD hair that fell into the picture. It's shedding time.
View Quote

Whew . . . for a minute there I was concerned there might be some cosmetic damage . . .
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the family...

Mec Gar for magazines (OEM for Browning and many others)

Wolff Springs for your replacements

VZ grips

enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Whew . . . for a minute there I was concerned there might be some cosmetic damage . . .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what you did, little bit of lipstick and she'll be fine, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
" />

These would look sweet on that FN.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]

They would, except for the lanyard post/ring. I'm a restore to factory settings type of bloke. If God had intended this Hi Power to be all tarted up he would have put the "Browning" roll mark on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They would, except for the lanyard post/ring. I'm a restore to factory settings type of bloke. If God had intended this Hi Power to be all tarted up he would have put the "Browning" roll mark on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

VZ will do the cut for the lanyard if you call them and ask.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, thank you! When I go all "Novak" on it, I will defiantly get a pair of those!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I like them with some wear and tear.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, looks awesome John! What's the history?
Picking up mine today hopefully.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I just bough one off GB for $450, it's pretty close to like new. Even has the star of David stamped on it and all stamped matching. was going to buy a Colt 1911 in 9mm for $780 but figured these will hold there value well and are a bit more interesting to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top