Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2010 6:41:01 PM EDT
Just thought I'd share, had a few FTE so far, @10 out of 200 rounds, none in the last 2 33rd magazines(factory G18 mag). Just got 2 ATI G18 aftermarket, will test those soon. Installed the factory rail attachment, and then mounted a AR riser to it to give more real estate for attachments. The light mount is off set to the left of the front grip.

Link Posted: 5/16/2010 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Love Mine! I have 5-33 rd ATI Mags and they all function perfectly! I found this video on how to make a swinging scope mount, my old eyes really like red dots! Check it out, it took me an hour and less then 20 bucks.Swinging scope mount By the way, there are 2 little plastic tabs that I cut off on the rear sight so it doesn't automatically flip up in the way. If you need it, just flip it up. Enjoy! By the way, Cheaperthandirt has ATI G-18 mags for 9.95 ea. right now, G-17 mags are 2 for 9.95........Crazy huh?
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
This funky little stick makes a lot of sense.  I wish it was .40 to work with my G22C mags and ammo, though.  Curious how accurate it is at 25 and 50 yards...
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Love Mine! I have 5-33 rd ATI Mags and they all function perfectly! I found this video on how to make a swinging scope mount, my old eyes really like red dots! Check it out, it took me an hour and less then 20 bucks.Swinging scope mount By the way, there are 2 little plastic tabs that I cut off on the rear sight so it doesn't automatically flip up in the way. If you need it, just flip it up. Enjoy! By the way, Cheaperthandirt has ATI G-18 mags for 9.95 ea. right now, G-17 mags are 2 for 9.95........Crazy huh?

OK, that is awesome, I'm doing the scope mod next!
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I think its funny when I see 10lbs of stuff hanging from these light and handy Sub2000s. That guys scope mod is unique but not practical since its so far up the handguard and basically makes it very front heavy. I also noticed his stock rear sight was bent down so I'm not sure what he did to it if its still even functional as a back-up sight. When I owned mine the only 2 things I put on it was the tiny rail from Kel-Tec that replaces the little piece up front for a light and the Kel-Tec stock extender. Anything else seems to take away from a very light and handy rifle that can easily be folded and stored.

These Subs are accurate and very useful but people hang enough junk off of them like its an AR-15 defeating the purpose of their usefulness.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This funky little stick makes a lot of sense.  I wish it was .40 to work with my G22C mags and ammo, though.  Curious how accurate it is at 25 and 50 yards...

The Sub2K does come available in both 9mm or .40 S&W. I have the .40 and it takes the 31 rd mags very easily. Mine is very accurate and has Kel-Tec's quad rail forearm on it, along with their sling. Nice neat pkg with mondo knock down and firepower. I don't have any junk hung off of the quad rail, I got it because it feels better in my hand and is more stable for me. The only thing on my quad rail is the MagPul ladder covers.

Link Posted: 5/23/2010 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Went to the funshow in Houston yesterday. Found two .40 cal and one 9mm which is unheard of. While I was waiting to talk to the guy about the .40s, another guy came up and asked to buy one. I figured that I better get the other one while I still had the chance. Now I have .40 Sub 2k truck gun as well to go with my Glock 23. While I was doing paperwork a guy sat next to me and wanted to buy mine!
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#7]
In regards to the OP's pictures... How in the hell do you shoot that S2k with the extra mag on the stock?  It would seem that it messes up any potential sight picture as you would have to contort around that mag to see anything?
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In regards to the OP's pictures... How in the hell do you shoot that S2k with the extra mag on the stock?  It would seem that it messes up any potential sight picture as you would have to contort around that mag to see anything?

The cheek weld is actually in front of the area you are describing.

Link Posted: 5/24/2010 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
DUDE that's a Mac-10 !  

An episode of DEA told me so.........

Nice truck gun ya got there. I've been thinking about getting the Kel-tec to replace my current truck gun (WASR-10).
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

DUDE that's a Mac-10 !

An episode of DEA told me so.........

Nice truck gun ya got there. I've been thinking about getting the Kel-tec to replace my current truck gun (WASR-10).

I saw that episode.  What a bunch of tools!

Link Posted: 6/19/2010 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Shot my Sub 40 today for the first time. Loved It! got a few questions from other shooters around me too. The lady at the counter looked at me funny when I asked for the rifle range and all I had on me was my backpack.
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#12]
These look like fun.  I was looking at the 9mm model for Glock mags, and there is a Glock 19 model and a Glock 17 model.  I am thinking that the Glock 19 Model would accept g-17, g-18, and g-19 mags, whereas the Glock 17 model would only accept g-17 and g-18 mags.  Does this sound right?  So what would be the drawback of the Glock 19 model?  Just a slightly shorter grip?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, just a slightly shorter grip.  But I'd recommend buying the G17 version and cutting it down yourself if you want the G19 length.  That is all that Kel-tec does and a they tend to cut them a little crude.  Personally I'd just sand down the extra material with a belt sander.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Cool, thanks for the info.  I don't even have a g-19, but might someday, so I wanted to keep my options open.  I like the belt sander idea, that's good to know.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
do the .40 cal take Glock mags also?
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes they do.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
do the .40 cal take Glock mags also?

I run mine with the standard 15rd Glock 22 mags, and I also have 2 of the KCI 31rd magazines, plus the 10rd mag that came with it, and they all run just great. Shooting the .40 S&W in the 31rd magazines seem to last forever, you just never seem to need to reload. It's a very cool feeling. It's like that old saying about Winchester repeating rifles: Load on Sunday & shoot all week!

I would suggest getting the cover for the action tube, as the recoil can start to batter the old cheekbone after a while. The cover does provide some cushioning to hold that off a bit longer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Got the .40 and love it.  Truck gun.  Shoots pretty nice.  Got the buffer tube cover.  Neat stuff.  Paid $300 online.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
These guys sell a nice stock cover...

http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These guys sell a nice stock cover...
http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/

I got the cover, the knob thing, and the buffer buffer.  Good products.  Have yet to fire with the buffer buffer.  It prevents the bolt from locking back, but who cares...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Never miss a chance to post my Sub2k. I'll agree that unfortunately people miss the point of these great little guns and hang way too much shit off them. Some might say I've put too much on mine but I think it's just the right balance.

Front sight is the BFG modification with an XS Big Dot sight post. I've since changed the light to a G2 in a Vltor scout mount and added a single point sling.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... These Subs are accurate and very useful but people hang enough junk off of them like its an AR-15 defeating the purpose of their usefulness.

To each his own.

I am much quicker on target with a red-dot on mine than not and it doesn't interfere with folding; it's also very light and doesn't adversely affect weight/balance IMHO.  And I personally insist on a mounted light for any long gun I might use defensively.  Again, mine doesn't interfere with any of the above.

I can't speak for the poster you quoted but when I refer to all the junk that is usually hanging off Sub2K's I'm not saying we shouldn't use accessories because they aren't KISS, I'm saying that Kel-Tec owners sometimes have a propensity to deck their rifles out with cheap useless crap. Most times the stuff that is done to these rifles in the name of being "tactical" serves no purpose other then to make them look cool in the eyes of their owners. That being said I have no problems adding a light, sling, and possibly RDS to a Sub2k as long as it doesn't interfere with function.

How did you mount an RDS in such a way that still allows the rifle to fold? Have any pictures?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Went to the funshow in Houston yesterday. Found two .40 cal and one 9mm which is unheard of. While I was waiting to talk to the guy about the .40s, another guy came up and asked to buy one. I figured that I better get the other one while I still had the chance. Now I have .40 Sub 2k truck gun as well to go with my Glock 23. While I was doing paperwork a guy sat next to me and wanted to buy mine!

I had a similar experience about two months ago at the local fun show.  I encountered my first, in person, 40 cal Glock mag version of these.  There were two 9mm versions at the show, all for more than the 40 cal.  The 40 cal was brand new and was the caliber I was looking for so I bought it after talking the dealer down to $320 out the door.

Not sure if that was a great price or not, but seemed pretty good based on the 9mm versions that were more expensive.

While I was filling out the paper work another guy inquired about it and I had three different people on the show floor try to buy it from me while I was walking the rest of the show and one guy asked to buy while walking back to my car.  When I pointed out that there were two 9mm versions available on the tables, they all said they wanted the 40 cal.

It's a fun little gun and every one who sees the thing gets a look on their face that clearly says "holy s#*t that's the neatest thing I've ever seen".  The gun is so basic yet so brilliant in it's design, it's just about perfect for what it is.

If you haven't already, take a look at the ballistic chart in the manual that indicates the velocity/energy difference in these rifle/carbines compared to handguns of the same caliber.  Pretty impressive!

EDIT TO ADD:  I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TURN OUT A NEW BATCH OF THE BLUE FORCE GEAR FRONT SIGHTS...THE BFG VERSION LOOKS A LOT MORE DURABLE.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Ah sorry, I'll admit that I don't venture into the kel-tec forum often.

That mount looks interesting, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

... These Subs are accurate and very useful but people hang enough junk off of them like its an AR-15 defeating the purpose of their usefulness.

To each his own.

I am much quicker on target with a red-dot on mine than not and it doesn't interfere with folding; it's also very light and doesn't adversely affect weight/balance IMHO.  And I personally insist on a mounted light for any long gun I might use defensively.  Again, mine doesn't interfere with any of the above.

I know you from KTOG man! I have a Sub2000 also. My point is not a light and a red dot...I'm talking when people hang so much off of them that an AR-15 or even an AK is like a feather in comparison. I don't care who wants to put what on their guns but at some point I would hope those people hanging 10 pounds of stuff off their Sub2000 realizes that the compact lightweight carbine they had is now way past its intended usefulness and should of just gotten an AR in the first place. One of my favorite things about the S2K is the fact that it folds up for easy storage in a bag, at home or in a vehicle. As long as it could still fold and is not bulging from the sides with accessories than its still achieved a good purpose.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:04:20 AM EDT
[#28]
My G17 version is a great little carbine.
Bought some Korean $6 / 17 round and $10 / 33 round mags this last week end and used them at the range. No problems at all.
Fits great in my pistol range bag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#29]
y'all have me wanting to get one of these for my truck now
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#30]

For what it's worth, my G17 Subby is my prefered travel gun when I'm on the road.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top